View Poll Results: What is your favorite drink?
Beer 3 14.29%
Wine 5 23.81%
Bloody Mary 1 4.76%
Wine Cooler 1 4.76%
Boat Drink (pina colada, rum drinks, anything with an umbrella) 8 38.10%
Non-Alcoholic or Other (explain) 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2001, 09:26 AM   #1  
Parrothead

Thumbs down

Good Morning All! My turn to start...Yea! Well, I have to run to a mtg so I'll just post a poll. I'll be back!
Old 05-02-2001, 09:35 AM   #2  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Wacky Wednesday

I picked boat drink, but it really depends on what I'm in the mood for. Wine with a nice dinner, beer during sports, I like bloody mary's too though. Ah well!

Kay: I knew that was going to happen! I posted a new thread and there was yours! It let me delete though.

Good Morning! I went to WI last night and lost! Woohoo! 2# down which almost makes up for my last gain. Still trying to reach that virgin fat territory. It's rainy and gloomy here today. Quite depressing after an 80 degree day yesterday. I went outside yesterday and soaked up some sun. Not happening today!

Better run, I'll check in later

"Correction does much, but encouragement does more." -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 05-02-2001, 09:47 AM   #3  

Default Good Morning

Way to go Brenda!!!!!Losing is such a great feeling eh?

I became an auntie last weekend, a beautiful baby girl, 5lbs 10oz, amazing!!!!!!!!! Haley Marie, I am so in love with her!!!!

Well gotta run, late for work. I'll post later.

Tammy
295SW 237.6CW 145GOAL

p.s. i opted for the bost drink!!!!!!pina colada yummmm
Old 05-02-2001, 09:49 AM   #4  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default I'm a Coors Light girl...

I also like wine, but nothing beats an Ice cold beer!

Belle: I think that is so cool!! Now your b/f will "wonder" and come to his senses!! HAHAHAHAHA (nope, wasn't me)

Brenda: I thought your fav drink was LIIT?!?! Way to go on the loss, Brenda!! Yippeeee!!!!!

Lisa: My wedding is July 7th. I just bought my corset/bra at David's Bridal for $53!! YIKES!

Hey to everyone! I went to WI and lost .3# I was surprised and so back on the band wagon!! I only had a 2 point breakfast! Yea me! On a sad note...my leader that I started WW with resigned. I'm disappointed b/c she would always ask about wedding plans and stuff, but the new leader is pretty cool, too. I'll just have to bore her with my "details"

Well, I'd better get to work...the bosses are across the hall from my office having a meeting and I'm afraid they'll catch me "playing"
I'll be back........
Old 05-02-2001, 09:49 AM   #5  

Default Hump Day :)

I love hump day. It is more interesting now that I do not have a regular place to go to work on thursdays and Fridays. It helps the week go faster.

I love frozen strawberry margaritas. I don't have them often becasue of the points so wine is my usual drink when we go out. (2 pts!) Yummy

Well I ate a lot yesterday but don't seem to care much. I think I underestimated my points a bit and ended the day with 32. I had enough points saved to do it but still wish I could have saved more for tonight. I brought 0 pt soup, popcorn, carrots and pudding. If I hadn't eaten some cookie pieces when I came inthis morning I would have been at 6pts by the time I get home. I am going to the gym tonight and then WW with DH for his WI. I will probably have a courtesy WI just for kicks. My scale says I am up the past 2 days but I don't think it will stick so I am not too worried since I have been doing well. We will probably go out to dinner after WW for my bday. It will be 7:45 and too late to go home and cook. I was thinking of Ruby Tuesdays b/c I don't want anything fancy and I love their salad bar. I usually get the portobello mushroom sandwich, delicious

I finished my painting last night and am very pleased. Does anyone sew? I do not but am using "stitch-witchery" to hem curtains. Do you think that will work? I did it last night for the table topper and it seemed ok. I wanted to test that before I went to the trouble of doing 12 yards of fabric for the curtains. Any advice would be appreciated.

Belle - Sounds kind of neat to get something unexpected.

Brenda - My drink does depend on the occasion as well. Though I never drink beer, yuck. I like hard cider though congrats onthe great loss!

Stacey - Congrats on your loss. Anything in the right direction is an accomplishment!

Work is going to be slow today so I will be back often. Hi everyone!

Sarah
194.4/160.4/153WW

Last edited by sbirdhr; 05-02-2001 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-02-2001, 09:51 AM   #6  

Good morning!!

Brenda ~ Congrats on the loss, that is awesome!! I think you had asked if we could meet while I am coming thru Colorado on Sat., but I don't think I can this trip. We will be arriving in Colorado Springs early evening, having dinner with my relatives, going to bed, and getting up early to head to Nebraska. I wish I had more time, I would love to meet you!!!!

Good morning TXAggie!!!

Well, it is Wednesday, tomorrow is my last day of work until next Wednesday, and then off to my business trip until next Monday. I am going to miss you guys!!

I am back journalling, and haven't been too bad, been staying at the higher end of my points, and walking at night.

It is a gloomy day here as well, Brenda. Looks like we are in for some rain today and tomorrow. Which is good, my petunias and tomato plants need a little agua!!!!

My projects that need to be done before I leave are almost wrapped up, so I think this afternoon and tomorrow I am going to be bored at work! So, plan on seeing lots of me until Thursday afternoon!

Holy cow..I posted this, and a bunch of you posted while I was creating this....

Let's see if I remember everyone.

lithunnypot ~ Hi!!

Stacey ~ I agree, nothing beats a cold one!

I can't remember who said they are a new auntie! Congrats, my daughter's name is Hayley Elaine. Beautiful name!

Later....

Last edited by TonyaLyn; 05-02-2001 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-02-2001, 09:54 AM   #7  

Good morning Sarah, I almost forgot you!!!!

Ah...Tammy, congrats on the Auntie!!!
Old 05-02-2001, 09:56 AM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI, it's me. GOt my haircut last night, so I didn't accomplish anything else. I am bummed. Tomorrow night my sis in law is having a Tupperware party. How am I supposed to watch Survivor and Friends. Hubby can only tape on of them. I am super bummed. It is the Friends wedding isn't it??? IF not PLEASE tell me so I am not so bummed.

Kay... I LOVE CHINESE. Please post recipe!

Casie... I wanted to let you know about the niece in your wedding issue. Remember, it is your wedding. That means you get to choose who is in it. I had a similar problem. My in-laws wanted my hubbys aunt to play and sing at the wedding. We/I didn't... and I just never said why. All I said is who was playing the organ and that was that... and the person that did is fabulous and I know was MUCH better than his aunt. Plus she is very easy to work with. It's your wedding and your special day...

Tammy... Little girl you have for a neice. My little Emma was 6 lbs 7 ounces and I thought she was teeny. Watch her as she grows, it is amazing how quickly they do, then you can't even remember how little they were. When I hold Emma and look back at her birth pics I am in shock.

BRENDA... YAH FOR YOU... You deserve a good loss! I am hoping for one also on Saturday!!!

Ohhhh, I am having a pampered chef party May 18th... anyone want to come????

And I like all the drinks listed except beer. I can drink it but would rather not!!!! But I really like soda.... Coke... full strength stuff!!!
Old 05-02-2001, 10:01 AM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Sarah... I sew but have never used stitch witchery. Have seen it done tho and would imagine that it would work. If your table topper came out fine then try it. you can always come back and hem it. Oh, and was your table topper made from the same material... that may make a difference. If it is easier and quicker than sewing, then go for it. Good luck.
Old 05-02-2001, 10:02 AM   #10  

Default I missed some of you

Sorry I took too long to post and missed some people.

Jen - I hope you like your haircut. I am having a Pampered Chef party this sunday. I have never been to one before so it will be interesting. My friend is the consultant coming to do it. I thik we have 10 people including me and DH. I hope it goes well, am a little nervous.

Tammy - Congrats on becoming an aunt! It seems like there are babies everywhere!

Tonya - Good for your for journalling and getting all of your projects done. You will be owrry free on your trip.

Ok, see yo later

Sarah
194.4/160.4/153WW
Old 05-02-2001, 10:02 AM   #11  

Jen ~ I own so much Pampered Chef stuff, that I could hold my own party.... Love the stuff!!! I just bought their whole pan set....awesome!!
Old 05-02-2001, 10:06 AM   #12  

Default HI ladies!

Hello~

I like boat drinks! Love fruity ones but they are mega points!

Casie~ I agree with Jen, it's your wedding it's your choice. If you give in you may really regret it and your wedding day is your day!

Tonya~ have fun on your vaca and business trip!

Jen~ I'm not too into beer either....of course once I am a little loopey it's cheapier to drink Beer was a college thing

Stacey and Brenda~ congrats on the losses! And if I forgot anyone else who lost~~CONGRATS!

Okay I have a confession....I have not been doing to well with food I know that I have gained and I know that when I go to the meeting my weight will be higher...I don't think it will be my max though. So now I am going to go and post on the Memorial Day goals thread that I want to get to the weekly weigh in and be 100% OP.

Have a good one!

Last edited by Suz78; 05-02-2001 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-02-2001, 10:24 AM   #13  

Default Hi everyone!

I voted for wine-only 2 pts-definitely the most bang for your points!!
Gotta go-want to enjoy the beautiful weather...BF and I (uh, I mean fiance)
are going to look at ring settings tonight-whoo hoo! I also have to clean the apt b/c a friend is coming in to visit tomorrow...hi to all!Lori
Old 05-02-2001, 10:56 AM   #14  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Hi again!

Tammy: Yeah on the new baby girl! How exciting

Stacey: Congrats on the loss!!! What would you consider a LIIT? Boat drink? I dunno. When I drink beer I’m always a Coors Light girl! This is somewhat of a joke, but one of the first thing my DH noticed about me was that I drank Coors. He says that if I would have been drinking something else he wouldn’t have dated me His Dad worked at the brewery here in Golden and retired from there. My DH also worked there for a time. Big Coors family. His parents get fringe benefits still – deals on beer!!! Woohoo!!! Do you know where you are staying in Cozumel yet? You would not believe what I went through to find a corset last year! I already had one, but a little bit of it showed above my wedding dress. I wasn’t about to buy one at a bridal store so I hit all the department stores like a mad woman. I had to buy white and black (remember the sexy black dress I found for $50 for the dressy night on the cruise?) and still ended up paying about $40 a piece!

Tonya: Ah, sorry we won’t have time to hook up I wouldn’t want to cram anything else into the weekend either. Have a safe trip and wave as you go through Denver!

Jen: Wish I could come to your party, I need a timer! I know there are women out there who are on WW and do pampered chef. Can you imagine? It’s bad enough that people have snacks out when I do my candle parties, but it would be 3 times as bad if you are preparing the food. Much higher points for the most part! Yikes!

Sarah: MMMMMmmmmm, hard cider is sooo yummy. They serve it at the Renaissance Festival that is here in the summer. Is your B-day today?? If so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I’m sure WI will be fine, great job on your planning! OK, I can’t buy a PC timer from both you AND Jen! Your party will be great. My DH went to one with me and he went nuts. He loves to cook and we ended up spending way too much. Unfortunately, he’s never used the garlic press he just HAD to have. I use my spatula’s all the time and the strainers/bowls are great. I also love the soap pump and oil spray thing. Just some suggestions on things I actually use!

Suzanne: You can get back on track, just keep at it.

Everyone else, come out come out wherever you are!

"You can't get to the top sitting on your bottom." -- general wisdom
Old 05-02-2001, 11:19 AM   #15  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Not Friend's Wedding...

Jen: It's not until a few weeks away.
Ok back to reading the posts!
Closed Thread