Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 10-04-2004, 09:12 AM   #1  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Default LWL #173 - Week of 4th October - 10th October

Thought I'd start us off!

After torrential rain it's now a glorious afternoon. I've done some stretches and had a quick walk. Oh, and done an abs workout with a dodgy trolley at the supermarket. Will there be a chance to fit in something else? Who knows? The rest of my life is calling.

Remember, anything is better than nothing. Have a good week, everyone.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:44 AM   #2  

Default Merry Monday

Did ok over the weekend, but jumped right into the LBWO at the gym this am, along with some ab work.

I am really upping the weights this week after the news story that the majority of women who lift are at 25% of capacity instead of 75%, though I am going to have to move onto the barbell from DBs pretty soon. DH joined the gym on Friday so as soon as we can, we plan to workout on Fridays as well. More motivation.

I swear that one guy at the gym is the same person I saw at an awards luncheon last week, not sure enough though, without my glasses hard to tell.

Still on my tunafish kick, how much can a person eat, I am limiting it to 2 or 3 cans a week, I need to keep variety in my diet.

Last edited by Sugar Cube; 10-04-2004 at 03:09 PM.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 12:28 PM   #3  
Mel

Quickie post here-
Nelie: CONGRATULATIONS! That's certainly beating the Christmas goal! I see you have a new one. Good Job!

I Just got back from the gym. 2 cleients, then leg day. Not my most stellar. I was up all night with a sick dog, and then feeling too sorry for myself to sleep . Now I'm headed to our other gym for 2 more clients and some moderate cardio. I'll be hitting the bed EARLY tonight. Dog will go in the garage if I have to put her there. I can't believe I lived through babies.

OK, back to the grind.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi all,

Major accomplishment for me this weekend! I cleaned all the gutters on my two-story house! I didn't think I would be sore from it but my butt and thighs are achy. Go figure. I didn't think that climbing a ladder would be a workout, but if it works my muscles then it works for me.

The rest of Sunday was a lay-around kind of day, but its back to the grind today.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 02:33 PM   #5  
Lovin' Zumba!

Congratulations Nelie - you must be so proud of yourself! Way to blow that goal out of the water!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 03:18 PM   #6  
maintaining

S/C/G: 243/170/165

Height: 6'

I’ve had the best workout this morning: I’ve now doubled the weights on three of my four exercises in just 2 months!
(Warning – newbie lifting non-heavy weights here! )
Squats (from 45 to 90lbs), leg press (from 90lbs to 180lbs) and shoulder press (from 2x6lbs dumbbells to 2x12lbs). As for the leg curls – not doubled but gone from 65lbs to 100lbs.
Oh yes!: I’m having a great Monday!

nelie: congratulations on reaching the 2s! You’re one of my constant inspiration sources on the weights!
mette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 03:26 PM   #7  

Hi Guys,
Been awhile.
As some of you know, my uncle has lung cancer and is literally going to pass any day.
My Mom died of lung cancer 12 years ago. They were both smokers and of course, I do not smoke and live a completely differant type of lifestyle. Also, a few weeks ago I was in a major car accident. Hit in the passenger side while I was alomost stopped by a car going almost 40mph. My little girl (5) was in the car with me.
Praise the Lord, we were both unharmed but it was quite tramatic especially for my baby girl. Air bags went off, almost $10,000 worth of damage to my new Passat (I got it in Jan) I love that car more than ever now because I can't beleive we both walked away without injury....Amazing
Still don't have my car back. I should next week. I had it towed to the same place the Volkswagon dealership takes their new cars that fall off the truck or get damaged or whatever. They are very good. I know it will look as good as ever, but it is still a terrible experience to go through.
I have had better times....
So anyway, I haven't been posting in awhile, or even online very much with the goings on in my life.
I have been lifting at least 3ish times per week. Not my usual 5 but better than nothing. I give the diet a B-. I have gained a couple pounds of fat but I'm not kickin' myself too much over it. I miss the comraderie here and so I thought I better post.
I am curious ,Sugar Cube, what newscast you are reffering to in your post? I love to collect any articles ,or whatever, that I can that support womens weight training.
Anyway, Me, my hubby and my babies are healthy and were hangin' in there.
Blessings to all of you...
XOXO
L2L
luv2lift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 03:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

L2L - I am SO glad that you and your daughter were able to walk away from the accident. With all that's going on, I give you an A++ for only having a B- diet and 3ish workouts. So many others (me included) would have skipped the gym all together and eaten like a mad person behind something as crazy as what you have been through. Keep on posting when you get a chance, we will always be here.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 05:39 PM   #9  
Mel

L2L! I was just wondering today whether you had disappeared or something had happened I'm so glad you and your daughter walked away from the car accident. Cars can be fixed. Sorry to hear about your uncle, you are in my thoughts.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 06:21 PM   #10  

L2L, I was missing your posts but figured your MIA was because of your uncle. I'm both shocked and relieved that you and your daugher walked away from that accident.

Take care and give that little one an extra hug,
EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:43 PM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

L2L -- Whew Sooo happy to hear that you and D came out of that accident unharmed!! Amazing! Welcome back!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 12:10 AM   #12  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

L2L - I was just wondering about you yesterday, I'm sorry to hear about your accident but glad to hear you weren't hurt. You are an inspiration as always.

Thanks all for your kind words, I never really imagined I'd reach this point anytime in my life which is why I have to remember that I'll never go above the 300 lb point again.

I had an extremely good workout today! 75 minutes of chest/triceps and then 25 minutes of elliptical with some high intensity intervals. I made a mistake though and I didn't eat close enough to going to the gym so at the end of my workout, I felt like I was going to pass out and throw up at the same time. I think I let my blood sugar drop a bit too low. I drove home as quickly as I could and I was shaking by the time I got there. I decided to eat some nonfat yogurt with some protein powder, it made me feel a lot better fairly quickly.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:50 AM   #13  

Hi all!

Had a wonderful weekend sitting up with the sick cat (I hear you Mel) and am packing for my trip to Holland and moving afterwards. I did go to the gym, I practically had to drag myself, but felt so much better afterwards that it was really worth it. I am going to pack some gear so I can work out in Holland too, I hope I have enough time, because from what I see the schedule is really tight.

L2L, my mother died of (colon) cancer about 8 years ago. She had a bad time too, and I'm still not over it (never'll be). I'm sorry that you had such a bad time but hope things will get better for you. Glad you and your baby are OK.

Hello to everyone else, gotta go

Lieke
Greekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:52 AM   #14  

Wow, L2L, you should buy a lottery ticket!

I am feeling goooooooooooooood. Lifting weights makes me feel awesome! I am going to feel SORE tomorrow though!
goeatanapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 09:56 AM   #15  

Default Twinkling Tuesday

METTE - Way to go, you have been busy these two months. I now track my weights because I wasnt' getting any where and I was definately not pushing my potential. Yes, isn't Nelie inspiring!!

L2L - How scary is that accident, so glad to hear you are ok, well minus a car, but really ok. Sorry to hear about your uncle and mother. My DD thinks it is amazing anyone smokes considering how sick you can get and she is only 6, so what is up with people she wonders. It was a blurb on the morning news and I heard it somewhere else as well, the latest fitness news I heard on the local station. If I see any more reference to it, I will post here.

I work late tonight, probably until 11 pm, so it is really good that I got to the gym this am. UBWO was good, mixing it up and tracking on the cards is really making the most of my time at the gym. I did some more abs this morning as well and feel much better about them.

Food was ok, one oreo cookie last night before bed, what was that about!
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote