Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 07:35 AM   #1  

Default Weekend Thread: January 17 & 18

Good morning, ladies!

Jennelle -- It seems like I remember reading something you posted about that abstinence misunderstanding before the big crash. That was too funny!

Ellis and Miss Chris?? I'm worried about you girls! A whole day with no chatter from y'all is surprising. Prayers that everything is okay!

I'm struggling this morning. My DH (NOT dear) has done something to make me very angry. We have discussed it before in detail, and he is really taking my feelings lightly (or not at all) in this matter. I don't want to get into a whole big argument with him over this family (in-laws) matter again because I KNOW that it will get me nowhere...but the refrigerator. So I need some prayers and vibes so that I won't pick a fight I'm gonna lose and that I won't stuff my anger. I've got nine days of abstinence this time...I need to keep going!

Please check out my sponsor thread!

Thanks,
Christy
Old 01-17-2004, 09:02 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Christy, thank you for your prayers. I'm absolutely miserable with this cold weather. I've temporarily given up on trying to stay OP, I'm cranky, and I want to breath some fresh air. And I can't get to the Y because I've still got this chest cold/cough.
Enough about me.
Yes, I will certainly say prayers for you and your DH. I can imagine what you're going through... in-law "situations" can be terribly stressful. Hang in there! You and your DH and your children are a separate unit from your extended families, and you must stand your ground.

Hello to everyone... Chris and Jennelle, Jacob'sMommy, Kat, Ceejay, Melissa...
Old 01-17-2004, 09:49 AM   #3  
Searching

Default I am alive

Morning ladies! I haven't had a chance toread any of yesterdays daily thread I just wanted to make sure I made it here this morning.

Yesterday? Yesterday was awful. Had a little caustic spill at the plant from the previous day and spent most my shift standing in the cold and rain supervising the clean-up. I was wet from my bones on out. What I can do this morning is thank God for being with me every step of the way. The clean-up went well, no one was injured, and resources were properly allocated. Also I got stuck for lunch out in the field. I made the most loving choices I could. I did have my snack, and then I skipped dinner I was just tired. So freaking wet and tired.

Today will be a better day (even though I just went down to check an electrical fire and scratched my glasses to kindom come )I have faith that God is my piolot, and he was definitely with me out in the mud yesterday

Christy- Give that problem over to you HP and he will take care of it. Why would you punish yourself by eating for DH's BS. I love you, God loves you, and we want you to treat yourself with loving care.

That goes for you too Ellis! Loving care. If you need to eat, you eat hun, it will come in its own time, but you better be thinking that you love yourself the whole freaking time and I love you too, and GOD! I know I speak to him everyday!

Okay I will check in again later to say hello as everyone else pops in.

Miss Chris
Old 01-17-2004, 12:39 PM   #4  

Okay... who said a prayer for me this morning?! Because I've had a GREAT morning! I've done a ton of cleaning, eaten well (knock on wood), and I feel VERY good! (a little cold now that I'm sitting down, though.)

Miss Chris, you poor darling. What a miserable day you had yesterday. Thank God you're alright (and everyone else). And thank God you had your glasses on and didn't scratch your eyes! (or did you simply step on your glasses? )
You look after yourself... don't catch a cold after being wet and cold yesterday...
xoxo love you!
Old 01-17-2004, 01:05 PM   #5  

Well, I picked the fight. But I'm not eating the aftermath.

You're right, ellis, about the whole separate unit, but this man doesn't see it that way...hence the arguments! Grrr. And Chris, you're right, too. I don't have to eat because of his BS. I know that he is being an idiot, but I deserve to preserve my abstinence. It's just too damn hard to get back up once you fall! I'm hanging on as hard as I can to keep from falling today. I appreciate your prayers and kind words more than you know!

ellis -- Sorry you have been feeling bad, but glad you're doing better today! Bless your heart! How much more winter do you have up there anyway? It's so funny you said that about Chris not scratching her eyes because I thought the EXACT same thing! Great minds...

Chris -- (((Hugs for you!))) What a terrible day you had out in the cold and rain! Thank God that you or no one else was injured. And hurray for not caving in to the temptations and misery! You're strong, girl! I'm so proud to know you and hearing you succeed helps me every day! I'm gushing, I know...

So these glasses that you scratched. Are they the same glasses that have been MIA for awhile? That does it! I'm finding a circa 1950 school librarian's spectacle chain for you!

I'm feeling so much better despite my DH's (almost dear) idiocy. Thanks for being here, girls!

Love,
Christy
Old 01-17-2004, 01:12 PM   #6  

Default Bummer...

Morning all!

Well, I'm bummed. I was planning on going to the OA birthday thing today but didn't know we had to register and pay $50 (!) to attend. It didn't say anything about that on the flyer. The $50 would be worth it if I went all 3 days but I was only going to go for a few hours. Just can't afford it. So, have to admit I am bummed.

Chris - Good to see you! Sorry about the work drama but it sounds like everything worked out fine.

Ellis - I'm glad your morning has shaped up well!

Christy - Sorry that you and DH are arguing. Prayers are being sent your way!

Last night was a lot of fun. We went to an Italian restaurant where the waitstaff sings. I am happy to say that I did not leave the table and join in the "Ugh, I'm SOOOOOO full" chorus that went on after our meal. I ate what I wanted and stopped eating when I was full. I love this program. Talk about being free!

We then went bowling and I didn't suck as much as I usually do (although I still sucked ). Our friend loved our gift, too. All in all, we had a lot of fun. Didn't get home until almost 2 am.

So, now it's time to figure out what I'm going to do today. DH wanted to write while I was gone so I may go off on some adventure. Maybe hang out at a diner and read my book. Maybe catch a movie, although it's the crappy time for that (January gets a lot of studio rejects). So we will see.

Jennelle, how are you?

Have a great day!
Old 01-17-2004, 09:35 PM   #7  

Default Evening!

Today ended up being very relaxing. DH and I went out to breakfast and then ran some errands. We hung out here most of the day. I just got some new fitness DVDs (The Bar Method), so I previewed them - they look great.

Going to spend the evening reading and farting around online. Tomorrow we were going to do a LOTR marathon but our friend has to work. So that's been pushed a few weeks. We may see Big Fish.

How is everyone else?
Old 01-17-2004, 09:36 PM   #8  

Default Meditation

How deep is the hunger?

Our hunger may be deeper than we think. It may be that no amount of steak
and potatoes or cheesecake will fill us up. It may even be that piles of
money and countless love affairs won't do it, either. What's left to try?
Drugs? A new wardrobe? A bigger house? A better job?

If being hungry goes along with being alive, then it stands to reason that
somewhere life holds for us the experiences and relationships that will
satisfy that hunger. It just may be that we've been looking in the wrong
places.

What are the right places? It may be we are hungry for a hug or for words of
understanding. We need to look for ways to feel useful, to have a sense of
accomplishment. We need to look for ways to love and be loved. Our hunger
has many levels. The deeper we go, the more fully we encounter our spiritual
dimension.

Experiencing the depths of my hunger can help me discover how to feed my
spirit.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:52 AM   #9  
Searching

Default Good Morning Chicks!

Here is a great big hug I have been missing ya'll this weekend. It has been a busy one at the plant, but God has been with me every step of the way. So things are getting done.

Kat- My hunger is pretty deep! Yesterday I would have done anything for a hug or some kind words. But I was blessed in my singleness, I knew how I felt, I knew the dangers, and I drove straight home last night where I was soundly tucked in my bed by 2050. This gave me time to get up this morning, make a good breakfast, and feel good today. Perhaps I will get that Yoga in

Did you see Big Fish?

Christy- Yes the glasses were my MIA ones, and yes my DH keeps telling me I need a chain too, BUT their just for reading and being on the computer. I bought 2 new pair this morning, so hopefully I will quit losing them.

How did it go yesterday? When we get on the emotional rollercoaster its hard to stay on, but God is always with you Christy.

Ellis- No cold yet, but I am terribly tired. Can you believe I have to come back tommorow to be Hazmat trained. How are you doing lady? God told me to check on you this morning

Happy to be having a better day!
Miss Chris
Old 01-18-2004, 10:22 AM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Chris ... You have to be Hazmat trained? You mean, they don't consider what you did the other day as "training?" Seriously, I'm glad you're okay. Nothing sucks worse than being cold AND wet!

Christy ... Husbands can be so hard-headed. I hope yours gets over it soon.

Kat - I'm fine, thanks for asking. I'm sorry that you can't go to the OA thing. You're right - they should have advertised the cost on the flyer, especially considering OA is usually free.

I have so much stuff to do today! Lately, I've just been really lazy. I have papers to grade....I need to go to the library and get more books-on-tape...I need to write a letter...I "need" to watch the Colts game...
Old 01-18-2004, 10:51 AM   #11  
Searching

Jenelle- I said the same thing to my husband this morning. Why don't they ever consider incidents training? I definitely have my 8 hours in for the year!!!!!

Hope you get your "needs" taken care of!

Miss Chris
Old 01-18-2004, 12:14 PM   #12  

Default Morning...

Chris - We may or may not see Big Fish today. Deciding later...

Did you get your yoga in?

Jennelle: Can you grade papers while watching the Colts game?

I have reworked my fitness plan. I am going to try to take weekends off. I like waking up late, rolling out of bed, and being a big butt for a while. That's hard to do if I have to go for a run or something. Wish me luck - I definitely benefit from consistency in this area.

Today's meditation:

We grow by doing what's hard to do.

Avoiding issues went along with our eating disorder. We tended to sidestep
what was uncomfortable to face. Rather than make decisions and take action,
we often focused on food and diets. "When I reach goal weight, I'll deal
with my other problems--maybe by that time they'll go away."

Recovery challenges us to confront and cope with whatever needs our
attention. Each time we do so we become stronger. Maybe we need to do a
house-cleaning project. Maybe we need to be more assertive with a boss or
co-worker. Maybe we need to move out of a harmful relationship.

Bingeing or starving are no longer options. Using the tools of our program,
we deal directly with the real issues. Although the task may seem difficult,
we have help and support. With the help of our Higher Power, we will not be
given more than we can handle.

I will accept today's challenges to grow.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:30 PM   #13  

Default Hey all!

I'm the late one today! LOL I slept in this morning and just had enough time to get everyone up and out the door to church. No time to post until now!

Chris -- I can't believe you have to have hazmat training either! Yikes, how do they think you did what you did successfully the other day if you didn't know what you were supposed to do?! Glad you got some more glasses, but I have a chain picked out just in case...

I did eat a handful of corn chips and a granola bar that weren't on my plan yesterday. And yes, I'm sure it was because of the fight. I "thumbed my nose", as ellis said, at the tools. However, I am grateful to God that it wasn't a binge and I will rely on Him to help me be more vigilant next time. (And believe me ...there'll be a next time as long as I am married to this man. ) Thanks for thinking of me! I have this problem of handing things over to my HP and then snatching it back when I think He isn't looking. It's a hard habit to break!

Kat -- You are so grounded and have been abstinent for so long! I'm sure you can make the change in your exercise program work for you. I look forward to being able to say that I have the consistency you can claim. I took my daughters to the playground yesterday and had a brisk walk in the cool air while they played. It was wonderful!

Jennelle -- I hear you on those school related needs today! It's funny how one day you're ahead and the next you've fallen so far behind. Especially where grading papers is concerned. I'll keep you in mind as I sit down with my stack this afternoon.

Ellis -- How goes it in the frozen tundra?

I'll try to check back in later!

Thinking of you all,
Christy
Old 01-18-2004, 07:17 PM   #14  
Searching

Default Good Evening!

Evening EVERYBODY!

Today was a pretty good day! I still have an hour left to go.Now tommorow will be Hazmat training I am going to try to get up and get us started but then you won't see me again till evening. SO POST!

OKAY WHERE IS ELLIS? Is she thumbing her nose at me I love you girl, come out, come out where ever you are. You can even bring the bridge mix

Christy- Me thinks you did good girl. YOU DID NOT BINGE! THAT IS THE CORE OF ABSTINENCE RIGHT THERE. Here are some angel's to remind you to use all your tools next time You are so ME

Kat-No Yoga, no nothing since Thursday. My sponsor says it's the loving thing to do after the heck I have been through. She said she would have been mad if I would have gone to the gym that night. My disease voice has some guilt, but I figure by Tuesday my life will goback to normal and I can have my regular compulsion to excercise But we can check on yo if you like.

Love you too Jenelle, CJ, Sandi, and Patton

Miss Chris
Old 01-18-2004, 07:40 PM   #15  

Sorry, Chris! I'm here! Just ate a bag of Bridge Mix and had a wee nap. Otherwise, I'm totally OP.
Hey, if you need a kind word, you email me right away. Hear me?! I love you!
Listen, hon, was that you praying for me this morning? I started to drive out to visit my parents, and the roads were TERRIBLE, so I phoned them and then turned around to come home. On my way home I did a complete 360 degree spin. SOMEBODY was looking out for me.

Okay, what the hay is hazmat training? Is that something foreign to Canadians?

Jennelle, how long have you been teaching? Do teachers in the States burn out as quickly as they do in Canada? (fairly quickly) My Dad had pretty much lost his mind by his eighth year, and my sister is on her second year, and is already losing it. I think she puts too much of herself into her job, which is GREAT for the kids, but not if she's going to have a nervous breakdown.

Christy, how is the "family thing" going? Thinking about you, sweetie.

Kat, I'm with Christy... you are SO grounded! I haven't really had a chance to properly read the postings today, but I'll be back later. You're an example to follow!

Sorry... this is a quickie... the kids want to watch a movie with us before bed...

love and hugs to all...
Closed Thread