Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #1  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Default Best headphones for the gym/working out

Here's the story folks.

I really need music to work out. I just do. That means taking my phone to the gym or out running and streaming music and using a pair of headphones. But I have not had much luck.

My first pair of headphones Klipsch Image S4's worked great but the wire kept getting caught and the headphone jack outlet on my phone finally went South with all the bending and stretching it was getting.

So, I moved to Bluetooth ones and bought some LG HBS 730s for 50 bucks. Having no wire was great but they lasted exactly one week as I shorted out one ear due to all my sweating.

So I have now gone for a pair of JayBird BlueBuds X sports which are supposed to be sweatproof. They cost me 169 fricking dollars! I also got them from Best Buy as they sell two year warranties and I have a feeling I may need to make a return with the work out these babies are gonna get.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Last edited by IanG; 05-25-2013 at 10:07 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/142/135

Height: 5'4"

I had problems with my earbuds falling out while I was running as well. Then I got some from the Yurbuds line, and those suckers really do stay in/resist sweat. The only thing I don't like about them is that little rubber cone that sits on top of the earbuds is not secured to the ear buds... So it can be easily lost. And you can't just buy replacement cones. So once lost, you just have a normal pair of earbuds and have to shell out $60 more to get another pair/cones. If you do go the Yurbuds route (which I think you can get at best buy), glue those cones on to the earbuds!
KindaSortaAthlete is offline   Reply With Quote