Old 04-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Question Fitbit

Hey ladies! I am looking at getting a fitbit in the near future. I have looked at both versions the one and the zip. I was wondering if any of you had an experience with either one and what your thoughts were about them! Thanks :-)
slo2250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #2  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

slo2250 I have been on the verge of buying one of those little suckers for MONTHS. I just can't pull the trigger! I decided this morning, after my workout, while eating breakfast, that I will buy myself one as a healthy reward after losing 50lbs total. For my 20 lb loss i bought my self the Polar f4 HRM, and a LOVE IT. It makes my workouts even more gratifying.

I work a sedentary job (librarian), getting up from my desk is a real challenge. Right now, I would be more likely to get the ZIP, just becuase I don't care about the sleep tracking thing. But I really like how the flex (coming this spring) allows you to set goals and can be worn in water.

Mostly I just love how they have such awesome graphs and it syncs with your computer. I am techy like that, and data excites me.

Best of luck!

Last edited by smashlers; 04-09-2013 at 06:48 PM.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #3  
Empress/Queen

I have had the Zip since October & totally love love love it, such a friendly little inexpensive tracker, yet it has had a huge impact on my fitness.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I have a fitbit ultra and loved it!! It's NOT waterproof and the first one I had actually stopped working because I wore it on my bra and the sweat from going to the gym made it stop working.

I contacted customer service because I had it for less than a month and they replaced it free of charge. Since then, I would wear it wrapped in one of those snack size plastic baggies and in the hidden pocket in my yoga pants. It's perfectly fine to wear it in your bra if you're just doing normal walking activity, but when wearing it at the gym, definitely keep it away from moisture.

I also recently got the WW Active Link and I'm really liking that right now. I am stuck on the plateau of death right now, so I figured I would switch things up a bit.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #5  

Thanks ladies! I am leaning more toward the zip! Hopefully I'll order one before the month is over :-)
Old 04-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

I had to google this to see what a fitbit is, LOL. Nice device! I think I'll ask for this for Mother's Day.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #7  

I'm not on WW but I saw this thread. Do any of you use the sleep tracker? That part fascinates me but I think I'd be waking up all the time just to wonder if it's working!

Does it motivate you to take more steps, take the long way through the store, etc. by you watching it like a pedometer? Or is it more than that?

I want one because I like gadgets and numbers but I don't want to become obsessed with it!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #8  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
I'm not on WW but I saw this thread. Do any of you use the sleep tracker? That part fascinates me but I think I'd be waking up all the time just to wonder if it's working!

Does it motivate you to take more steps, take the long way through the store, etc. by you watching it like a pedometer? Or is it more than that?

I want one because I like gadgets and numbers but I don't want to become obsessed with it!
I'm curious about the whole sleep thing too... I've been using the Nike FuelBand which I've secretly become addicted too, but it doesn't track your sleeping.... And I really wasn't interested in that, so it didn't matter too much to me... But I've been wanting to try out the FitBit for a while now... So I finally went ahead an ordered one this morning on a whim (damn Amazon and their one-click ordering...lol...) So I should have it tomorrow.... so I can start playing around with it this weekend...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 04-11-2013 at 08:23 PM.
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

GREAT questions...I have been looking too! I am NOT into the WW active link at all, doesn't give me enough information. I do swim lots, so that would be a key piece for me and I know I sleep like poop!

Any more info!?
movielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #10  

Awesome! I will be ordering mine in a week or so as a birthday present to me! lol...what one did you end up getting?
Old 04-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
I'm curious about the whole sleep thing too... I've been using the Nike FuelBand which I've secretly become addicted too, but it doesn't track your sleeping.... And I really wasn't interested in that, so it didn't matter too much to me... But I've been wanted to try out the FitBit for a while now... So I finally went ahead an ordered one this morning on a whim (damn Amazon and their one-click ordering...lol...) So I should have it tomorrow.... so I can start playing around with it this weekend...
LOL tripswitch @ one-click ordering, love it! We need a full report please!! And I wouldn't be able to use the sleep monitor for a while because I'd be too excited to sleep knowing it was tracking me LOL!!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #12  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Quote:
LOL tripswitch @ one-click ordering, love it! We need a full report please!! And I wouldn't be able to use the sleep monitor for a while because I'd be too excited to sleep knowing it was tracking me LOL!!!
I'll definitely do a report on it once I have it up and running.... I just hope it's not a thread entitled "My FitBit Says My Sleep Is Total Crap!"...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #13  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
LOL!!! I cracked up at this image of you smiling and giggling in your sleep due to your excitement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
I'll definitely do a report on it once I have it up and running.... I just hope it's not a thread entitled "My FitBit Says My Sleep Is Total Crap!"...
If I got one, I think it would tell me my sleep isn't up to par!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

Sooooo I am thinking of waiting to order the Flex!

Thoughts?
movielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #15  
Less of a Better Me

My DH (who is on WW with me) is waiting for the Flex. I decided to go for the One which I've had for about a month. I love, love, love my Fitbit. It has motivated me both with regard to exercise and eating in a way that my ActiveLink didn't motivate. I record what I eat at MyFitnessPal which talks to Fitbit so I can look at any time of day and see my calorie deficit for the day which I find highly motivating.

Since I got my Fitbit DH and I have started taking a 40 minute walk every day (gives me 4000 steps or so). We are soon going to up it to 60 minutes a day.

As someone with a sedentary life (sit at work and have a 1 story house), I found that I wasn't taking many steps. This motivates me to take more and if I can't walk on a day I am even more motivated to go use the rowing machine.

Also I'm really hooked on trying to meet my calorie deficit goal each day (I am for a 750 calorie deficit each day).

Anyway to answer a few questions.

The sleep tracker thing is not all that accurate. However, once you use it for awhile you can see what is or isn't accurate. Basically for me it way underestimates when I get to sleep. It will say I've fallen asleep in 15 minutes when I was awake for an hour. It is based upon movement and so if I am still it will think I'm asleep. So that early part tends to be inaccurate. On the other hand, it seem accurate in showing when you wake up and move during the night and it gives me a relative comparison of how much sleep I got and how restful it was. The night it showed me waking up 19 times was a night I didn't sleep well. The night I woke up 3 times was an exceptionally restful night. The main takeaway I've gotten from the sleep tracker is that I don't get enough sleep.

Flex v. One - I like the idea of the wrist for the Flex. I keep my One in my pocket and I do worry I will lose it or launder it. I also like that the Flex is more water resistant than the One. The negative to me with the Flex - that was a dealbreaker - is that you don't get the display that you get on the One. The Flex gives you I think 4 dots. With my One I can look at it and see my steps and my calories burned and what time it is and a couple of other things. It does sync with my computer wirelessly but that wouldn't help me if I was out and about. That may or may not be important to you. It is important to me and isn't important to DH. Right now I have an Android phone that it won't sync it. If I had an iPhone it would sync wirelessly and I might feel different then.

Last edited by Koshka; 04-13-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote