Old 04-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

Well, here I thought I walked a ton, I work in schools, but man, I didn't even get 6000 steps in, close, but not quite, that stinks!!!!

I think i will go run up and down the steps !
movielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:23 AM   #47  
Less of a Better Me

DH is dear husband or darling husband or even D****d husband....

I do so love the Fitbit. What has been so good about it is really showing me the connection between my activity and what I eat and how much I lose. Each week before I go to my WW meeting and look at what calorie deficit I have for the week and then I see if what I lose actually fits. And it has been pretty accurate...not exactly mostly I think because my metabolism is not that great since I've lost weight before. But it is accurate enough that I don't ever get to WW and find myself surprised by my weigh in.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #48  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by movielover View Post
Well, here I thought I walked a ton, I work in schools, but man, I didn't even get 6000 steps in, close, but not quite, that stinks!!!!

I think i will go run up and down the steps !
That's still approx 3mi... not bad... for a day at work... I'd say...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #49  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
I do so love the Fitbit. What has been so good about it is really showing me the connection between my activity and what I eat and how much I lose. Each week before I go to my WW meeting and look at what calorie deficit I have for the week and then I see if what I lose actually fits. And it has been pretty accurate...not exactly mostly I think because my metabolism is not that great since I've lost weight before. But it is accurate enough that I don't ever get to WW and find myself surprised by my weigh in.
Do you go to the trouble to track your food and calories on the FitBit site? Right now I'm just counting WW pts. which even though I know is a form of calorie counting I'm finding it to be a nice "psychological" break from all the actual CC I was was doing on MFP... Now, I just count pts. and know that if I stay within my allotment I'll be creating a good size deficit... plus I needed a break from the really strict low carb thing... It's really helped my mindset with WW that I can have more variety in what I had been allowing myself...

I'm still experimenting with the FitBit... But I really want to see if I can use the total calories burned number it gives me each day and create my deficit based on that number and see if it translates into the expected loss like it sounds like you've been able to do with it...

I think my problem right now is that I'm collecting all of this data... from my FuelBand, the Fitbit... and not to mention my HRM's from my runs, etc... But I'm still not quite there yet, as far as figuring out how many Weekly's and AP's I can eat and still lose... oh, well... trial and error... but I'm OK with that...
Old 04-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post

I think my problem right now is that I'm collecting all of this data... from my FuelBand, the Fitbit... and not to mention my HRM's from my runs, etc... But I'm still not quite there yet, as far as figuring out how many Weekly's and AP's I can eat and still lose... oh, well... trial and error... but I'm OK with that...
This is me...I am tracking food in WW and FB and it is making me a little crazy! HA HA
Old 04-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #51  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
Do you go to the trouble to track your food and calories on the FitBit site?
No. I track food and calories on MyFitnessPal and I link the accounts so MFP exports the data to Fitbit. It does it as a meal. That is Fitbit will show that Breakfast was X number of calories, etc. and it won't break down what I ate for breakfast. That is OK, though, since I already have that at MyFitnessPal.

I do find that if I am careful about recording what I eat at MFP and use my Fitbit all the time that my actual loss is about 10% less than what Fitbit says it should be. So if fitbit says I should lose 1.1 pounds (Based upon my deficit) then I tend to lose about 1 pound. That is pretty close given that you may be off a bit on calories (particularly when eating out) and my metabolism is probably out of whack some from losing weight in the past.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #52  
Heading Downtown...

Koshka thanks for reminding about this... I can't believe I completely forgot that I could link MFP to FitBit...

I haven't been bothering with MFP lately, since I've just been counting WW pts these last few weeks... But I'm really interested now to see how the numbers start adding up when it comes to what FitBit says I need to create the deficits that I need... So even though I really wanted to just count pts... I guess I'm gonna use MFP as well...
Old 04-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #53  

So far, I really like the FB! The sleeping part is so cool!

I am not so sure the calories are accurate, but the mileage is super close to my Garmin!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #54  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
So even though I really wanted to just count pts... I guess I'm gonna use MFP as well...
I have to confess....I have stopped counting points and just count in MFP. Basically if I am reaching my desired deficit on Fitbit (750 calories a day), I found that on WW I was eating such that I had about 30-35 WP left at the end of the week. This was really consistent so I didn't have a reason to really record my WW points.

That doesn't mean I don't pay attention to points. I do, but just think about that in my head while I record on paper (well on the computer) the calories at MFP which works fine for me.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:09 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
I have to confess....I have stopped counting points and just count in MFP. Basically if I am reaching my desired deficit on Fitbit (750 calories a day), I found that on WW I was eating such that I had about 30-35 WP left at the end of the week. This was really consistent so I didn't have a reason to really record my WW points.

That doesn't mean I don't pay attention to points. I do, but just think about that in my head while I record on paper (well on the computer) the calories at MFP which works fine for me.
I have been thinking about this....seems like when on FB I have more calories, I am out of points, and when I have more points, I am out of calories! ODD!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #56  
Less of a Better Me

This can depend to some extent on what you eat. WW points don't include fruits and veggies, for example. Also WW will charge more points for a higher fat or higher carb food than a food that has a lot of protein or fiber.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #57  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
So far, I really like the FB! The sleeping part is so cool!

I am not so sure the calories are accurate, but the mileage is super close to my Garmin!
I haven't even tried the sleep tracker yet... between wearing the thing every waking hour... the thought of wearing it while I'm sleeping is just too much for me...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 04-29-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #58  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
I have been thinking about this....seems like when on FB I have more calories, I am out of points, and when I have more points, I am out of calories! ODD!
I'm finding that once I reach my WW pt's target for the day... 26 pts... I'm pretty much out of calories on FitBit... but that's to create a 1000 calorie deficit for the day... I'm going to do my best to stick with it this week and see if I actually lose 2lbs...
Old 04-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #59  

Quote:
I haven't even tried the sleep tracker yet... between wearing the thing every waking hour... the thought of wearing it while I'm sleeping is just too much for me...
I usually sleep in those shelf tank top bras, so I just connect it to the strap!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #60  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
I usually sleep in those shelf tank top bras, so I just connect it to the strap!
Oh, I thought you had to wear it in that little "thing" that comes with it (not the clip)... That thingie that you wear around your wrist...

But actually, I saw recently that there are people who are working on prototypes for "activity" monitors that are already incorporated in the fabric of underwear... And I guess you just put it on and go about your day... That should be pretty interesting if that ever hits the market... Lol...