Old 02-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #1  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Default February Chat

IT'S FRIDAY!!!

And February! Where did the time go? This has been the longest week ever for me. So many pressing deadlines at work and stress. DH and I have vowed to have a relaxing weekend where we spend it relaxing. Tomorrow - we are going to my nephew's football game, probably lunch with my family and then we've discussed a movie, looking at houses (we're house hunting) and shopping at some point in the day. Sunday he has a work meeting and I'm grocery shopping before the Super Bowl. This sounds like an absolutely amazing weekend.

I went to the gym again yesterday which means I hit my goal of 3 times this week. Very happy. I spun for 30 minutes and had the most awkward moment of these two guys (friends) hitting on me WHILE I'm spinning alone in the room. SO annoying. The guy was flirting shamelessly and asked me to physically show him how to set his bike up. I don't move but ask him his height and he goes, "Oh girl, I'm 6'. Real tall." and I just looked at him and go, "Yeah, ok dude. My HUSBAND is also 6' and rides on a I. Try that." Insert awkward silence when he realizes I'm married, spends approximately 3 minutes on the spin bike and leaves.

Tomorrow is WI Day!!! Random question - a lot of the threads do a "daily weigh in" thread. Since we weigh in weekly through WW would anyone else be interested in me starting a weekly weigh in thread so you can go back and just edit your entry with your weekly weight and have a place to track it?

Breakfast
Ham, Potato and Gruyere Au Gratin - 7pts

Snack
Apple

Lunch
Lasagna - 10pts

Snack
Orange/Grapes

Dinner
TBD - Something mexican. That sounds good. I was gonna make enchiladas, but not sure now.

Total: 17pts
Remaining: 17pts

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 02-01-2013 at 07:30 AM.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 278.4/see siggy/178.4

Height: 5'6"

I would be interested in that. I weigh daily (can't help myself) but use Monday morning as my "official weigh day."

Congrats on meeting your gym goal.

I need to figure something out for an exercise plan. I need to just start scheduling time every other day and get my arse in gear. Once i get home I tend to get involved in making dinner then after dinner I can't imagine exercising. Maybe I need to become a morning person and do it before work. Of course, pigs may fly before I become a morning person so that will need to be a long term goal, I think.

BTW, I am so glad the week is over too. Sadly next week will be worse with all our dept has going on. Sigh. At least when I am busy I don't want to snack.

Breakfast
1 cup skim milk - 2 pt
3 cup coffee - 0 pts
1/2 c LF yogurt with 1/2 cup black cherries - 3 pts

Morning snack
veggies - 0 pt
string cheese - 1 pt

Lunch
Salad with chicken, cheese & FF ranch - 5 pts
Diet Coke - 0 pts
Veggie - 0 pts

Afternoon snack
string cheese - 1 pt
pear - 1 pt
Pirate booty - 3 pts

Dinner
shredded beef wrap (4 oz beef, low carb wrap, .5 oz cheese) - 11 pts
salad w/FF ranch - 1 pt

Used: 28 pts
Left: 11 pts

Will probably use it on pita chips, popcorn and/or a healthy choice fudge bar.
gooch100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

Do you have a recipe for the Ham, Potato and Gruyere Au Gratin ? I have been lurking the last month but that breakfast sounds too good to not ask about.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

Hahahaa at the guy in spin class! Congrats on your gym goal! House hunting sounds fun...

gooch100 do you like walking? It's easy and you can walk a mile in less than 20 minutes

Sooooo glad it's Friday! Geesh this week seemed long for me. Weigh-in tomorrow! *fingers crossed* I have a good loss.

Breakfast
Nutrigrain Bar 4 pts
Banana 0 pts

Morning snack
Fiber One Brownie 2 pts
Grapes 0 pts

Used: 6
Left: 20
lsrlosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsrlosing View Post
gooch100 do you like walking?
I do but not in 10 degree weather.

We are in the midst of a cold and snowy spell here in MI. I walk the dog but even she doesn't like to be out in the bad weather.

I figure since I already walk her, I am considering that my baseline activity level and so I need to add more exercise to get the activity points. I know I just need to get on my exercise bike in the basement.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #6  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbyforty View Post
Do you have a recipe for the Ham, Potato and Gruyere Au Gratin ? I have been lurking the last month but that breakfast sounds too good to not ask about.

Ham and Potato Gruyere Au Gratin
Servings:6
Points+: 7

2 1/2 cups 1% milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons butter
1 finely chopped onion
4.5oz shredded gruyere cheese, divided
2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/8 inch thick slices (use a mandolin for even slices)
cooking spray
6 ounces ham, chopped

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring with a whisk, set aside.
3. Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in milk mixture; bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add 3/4 cup cheese, stirring until smooth.
4. Arrange half of potatoes in a 11 x 7 inch baking dish coasted with cooking spray.Pour 1/2 of sauce over potaotes; top evenly with ham. Top with remaining potatoes and remaining sauce; sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese.
5. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray.
6. Bake a 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
7. Uncover and bake an additional 45 minutes until potatoes are tender and the cheese is golden group.
8. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Very rich and very yummy.

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 02-01-2013 at 09:38 AM.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchFattitude View Post
Ham and Potato Gruyere Au Gratin
Servings:6
Points+: 7

2 1/2 cups 1% milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons butter
1 finely chopped onion
4.5oz shredded gruyere cheese, divided
2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/8 inch thick slices (use a mandolin for even slices)
cooking spray
6 ounces ham, chopped

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring with a whisk, set aside.
3. Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in milk mixture; bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add 3/4 cup cheese, stirring until smooth.
4. Arrange half of potatoes in a 11 x 7 inch baking dish coasted with cooking spray.Pour 1/2 of sauce over potaotes; top evenly with ham. Top with remaining potatoes and remaining sauce; sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese.
5. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray.
6. Bake a 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
7. Uncover and bake an additional 45 minutes until potatoes are tender and the cheese is golden group.
8. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Very rich and very yummy.
This looks delicious! I bet it is filling to with the potatoes and ham.

Now I am trying to think if we have all the ingredients at home so I can make this for breakfast tomorrow...
Old 02-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

Thank you!
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #9  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Here is to rocking this February!
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

I am so ready for the new month to begin. January was such a waste for me!!! I don't know what it is, but the past week or so, I have been eating like it's going out of style. I don't know if it's the cold that I have or the fact that TOM is here (or combo of both probably), but I just can't stop eating.

I need to start fresh today! Time to start new and get back into my groove....no more pity parties which just lead to more weight added on and more pity.

BREAKFAST:

Dannon Light n Fit Yogurt - 2 points
Blueberries - 0
Rice Chex (1 cup) - 3 points

LUNCH:

Fiber One Honey Wheat Wrap - 2 points
Deli Turkey (4 slices) - 2 points
Shredded Cheese - 1 point
Carrots - 0
Mini Bell Peppers - 0
Sugar Free Jello - 0

DINNER:

Don't know yet.....going out with friends for dinner, but I'm going to be good!

SNACKS:

Apple - 0
Peanuts (4 tablespoons) - 6 points
Orange - 0

Used: 17
Left: 12
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #11  
Onward & Downward

Wow everyone sure jumped in here and posted a lot for the first day of Feb!

Sooo, silly question... what in the world is spinning? I keep hearing about it but have no clue... I suppose I could go google it but....

I do weekly weigh in (WW online) because I find daily weighing too depressing. Weekly can be too at times so I don't need to set myself up for that daily so I like the idea of a weekly weigh in thread.

Time to take myself off to exercise, lol. We got a stability ball I brought out yesterday... problem is where the TV is (I got a vid on it) is a slick wood floor. I'm hoping the yoga mat I have will help me get a grip and let me do some of the stuff I couldn't begin to do without. Lol fun fun fun.

Have a great day everyone!
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #12  

Happy February to everyone. I am looking forward to my 2nd weigh in tomorrow, want to see how I did.

Thanks for posting the weigh in thread, great idea.

I made the Shepards Pie for dinner last night, very good and there are leftovers. Hmmm.

Next week my goal is to add walking every other day, and see where that goes.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #13  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I enjoyed some pizza and salad for my breakfast before work. Hopefully tonight will be good. We've had some snow and I'm sure there have been some call ins. I've already tracked the rest of my points today. Everything fits.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Well my day of eating went a little off schedule today. I ended up eating some leftovers for my 8 am meal and they were a lot of points and then my twins made blueberry coffee cake so I had two small pieces of that. I used up 3 of my activity points. I am still doing good though. I still have all of my weekly points left and 1 ap and tomorrow is my day off and I am going to do some activity!

I think I am going to order that active link. I'd like to know how many activity points I actually earn.

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

So I had an NSV today. I had my breakfast this morning and felt very hungry even when it was done. I usually bring several pieces of fruit to tide me over for those snacky times just in case I am hungry. Today I only had an orange and a kiwi because we are running out of fruit and I need to go to the store and get some more. (Winter is the worst time for buying fruit, its all hugely expensive and there isn't anything that hasn't been shipped from somewhere)

So anyway, there were some poptarts at work and I was going to grab one. Before I ate it though, I punched it into WW to see how many points it was. 11 points! I decided it wasn't worth the points, had some extra water and am MUCH happier that I chose NOT to splurge on the poptart.

It's nice knowing that I *could* have had it and not worried about it. It's even nicer knowing that I did not have it and have a decent amount of points still left for the day!

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote