Old 07-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #1  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

Default August Goals.

Hello Chickies,

So august is coming right up, and we have exactly 8 days to prepare, think through, and strategize some goals for august!

I find that sometimes it takes some time to actually think of "what's up" and where your priorities lay.

New clothes for the fall?

Lower digits?

Eating cleaner?

More workouts?

What do you hope to achieve in August?

For me, I am no longer calorie counting "strictly" but I am being mindful of the calories consumed- it's like intuitive mental calorie counting of sorts, I would like to continue this, and to see results that would leave me back down in the low 170's. That is about 10-12 lbs in the next month (I do have some water weight right now, so I think it's doable).

I would like to continue not taking an interest in food- I think my food obsession was what created this backslide, and food is just fuel. Nothing more, nothing less.

These are my personal goals- so here's to a healthy, productive month of August!
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #2  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

I would like to be to my original goal (165) by the end of August. I have been taking it very slow and focusing on weight training so around 4-5 pounds is reasonable for me!
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 8"

I would like to lose 10 lbs in the month of August.
I will be redoing C25K -jogging for the walking part and jogging faster for the running part.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #4  
Dedicated Yogi

Those all sound like reasonable, and achievable goals!!

envelope that sounds like an awesome plan for the c25k round 2. i keep trying to run, getting through week 1 and then giving up lol. worst determination, ever?
Old 07-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9''

I would like to get below 170 in August.
I have vacation at the beginning of the month so that will be a challenge. I have read some posts from people about how on vacation they ate whatever they wanted and gained alot then felt awful about it. I don't want to associate vacation with bad feelings so I am going to watch what I eat.
Good Luck to everyone in August!
angie7896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

I would like to lose 7-8lbs from august 1st to september 1st. Aiming for 2lbs a week and there are there are 31 days not 28 so that gives me some leeway as well as if I only loose 7 I will still be very happy. I'm learning not to be so hard on myself. If I become too focused on being exactly 2lbs a week I lose track of all the funs parts of life. I am hoping to lose another 22lbs by hopefully the first week to middle of october to get some new clothes. I'm just gonna be tossing my too big for me clothes and replacing it with whatever size I am then but thats my fall goal. I am also switching to a less red meat diet just because red meat calories are higher and tend to throw off my days more often than white meat, I am also learning to love fruits and veggies this month and august as well as 30-60 minutes a day of exercise.
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 203/180/128

Height: 5'3"

Hello. I've been lurking for awhile and figured now's a good time to jump in. My goal for August is to get down to 172. I'm really looking forward to being in the 170's as I haven't been there in around five years.

Last edited by Daphne; 07-22-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Daphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #8  

I am enjoying reading every ones goals.

Stimkovs - when I first did C25K I did not look at it as a running program, but as a jogging program. I know there is technically not a lot of difference, I just felt like jogging gave me permission to go as slow as I needed too as long as I was jogging. I completed a 1/2 marathon and was the LAST person to finish who jogged the entire time...but I JOGGED THE ENTIRE TIME! So it was a success for me...even though I was slightly disappointed that I finished seconds over 3 hrs.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:53 AM   #9  

I would love to join in!
My goal is to come down from 149 to 139 by end of august. We are going away on vacation for a week and that would be a challenge.I have just started taking control of my eating habits , but tend to ruin all my efforts during the weekend eating all the stuff I should not be eating.
May be we can all update each other every week to keep up the motivation.
lovetoloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I am going to join in also. My June and July goal was 166 so I guess I will continue to shoot for that and keep up the 2 miles with the dogs every am.
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:47 AM   #11  
Dedicated Yogi

envelope that's still awesome!!

did you just...register for the half and decide to do it?

i don't run, i jog- but i guess we have to start somewhere? i mean i just find that.. i will start, and then all of a sudden get busy and slack and then give up. do you do c25k every other day as recommended?

toobigaugust is your month. you can do it!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #12  

Stimkovs - Yes! That is exactly what I did. I registered for the 1/2 marathon (Sept 2011), I searched training routines for a 1/2, and started following the one that worked best for me. (Summer 2010) I completed C25K for the first time.

For C25K I do not follow the every other day aspect. I usually jogged 5 days a week. I guess this worked for me, since I was not pushing myself to limit?!? I do not know, but I know that when I did C25K my weight loss was amazing.

I have not been jogging very much this summer. Which is crazy, because I love to jog.

Last edited by envelope; 07-23-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Hey there! Just going to jump in here as I really need to get back into this!
My goals for August are too:
1. Lose 7lbs
2. Plan, plan, plan! Dont let excuses ie I didnt have time to make a packed lunch, im too busy to exercise stop me from achieving goal number 1!
3. Make time for myself, treat my body with respect!
4. Make August rock for me!! Fed up with yo-yoing, have been trying to get under 252 for AGES time to get properly under!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #14  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

So healthy to write these goals down! Somehow putting them in writing makes them real!

1. CONTINUE to plan and shop for 7 suppers per week. We never eat out any more because of this and it's saved us money AND calories!

2. STAY the course on the green smoothies...I stared in in June and had one every single day, then in July I've averaged about 5x's/wk...I started having them for breakfast, to get it out of the way for the day!

3. SURVIVE my first P90X/INSANITY hybrid schedule. I've done each program individually, but together might kill me!

4. I would give a pounds lost goal - but those are so hard to quantify with hard exercise...maybe better with inches lost??

So...do we check in periodically to report progress? Once a week or more, or is it casual?
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #15  

Height: 5'6"

Hello, everyone. Gosh. It's amazing that it's almost August. Time flies!
WOW to everyone's goals. They sound great. Mer du Japon - If you don't quite meet your goal, I'm sure that your busy lifestyle will help you to lose the last few! charlaine09 - I totally agree about red meat throwing one's day off. I have cut down and it's helped me a lot.
My plan is to lose ten pounds in August. If I meet my current goal of losing another three pounds by August 1st, my goal is 168 by August's end. Good luck, everyone!
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote