Old 01-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default Colds & eating.

I've noticed that the ONLY thing that ever slowed down my daily feeding frenzy LOL was having a COLD!

If I couldn't taste the food, I didn't want to eat it. The only other reason I'd stop would be from stress -- severe stress makes me nauseated and can't eat a morsel.

Wondered if others do the same - if you can't taste the food, why eat it? Or do you go ahead anyway LOL

I wonder if there's a surgery or something to kill your taste buds??? Seems less severe than having 1/2 your stomach sectioned off???
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #2  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

My problem is that when I'm sick, all I want is bread. Being carb intolerant, that poses a problem! Though when I was really active and fit I never got sick, even though I work in a germ factory (aka the public library) so the key for me is to stay healthy, I guess.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Funny idea - kill the taste buds! I rarely lose my appetite, even with a cold, so it probably wouldn't work for me anyway.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/270s/120

Height: 5'1"

I can't eat while sick or stressed or going through TOM. Especially TOM. I always experience a whoosh then but I'm not entirely sure if it's because of water retention or because I just don't feel much like eating. As for the kill-your-tastebuds-diet, I figured you might be able to numb your tastebuds by sucking on some ice.
Dawn2Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #5  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I had a cold/sinus thing for most of January and found myself in the unprecedented position of having to remind myself to eat. I finally figured out I was hungry because I felt nauseated. Really weird. But like Trazey I couldn't taste the food so I wasn't as interested.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #6  
learning to love myself

S/C/G: 295/ticker/169

Height: 5'10

Funny you mention it, since I'm crazy sick right now for the first time in years. My head is telling me I need to eat but my body disagrees. I can't even talk myself into walking into the kitchen. Which is probably a good thing since I definitely am not able to talk myself into going to the gym to work off the calories..

Surgery to kill taste buds sounds like a good way to get me off the fried food, wonder if insurance would cover it
Kay7jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #7  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

I find when I'm sick I want to eat more. Maybe its about energy boosting, or an excuse to eat crap -LOL-
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #8  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I tend to eat less during colds, too. I'm not particularly hungry, and when I am the food doesn't taste as good, either. Having that feeling constantly does seem like it would be useful for weight loss, wouldn't it?
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote