3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Colds & eating. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/251326-colds-eating.html)

Trazey34 01-24-2012 02:55 PM

Colds & eating.

I've noticed that the ONLY thing that ever slowed down my daily feeding frenzy LOL was having a COLD!

If I couldn't taste the food, I didn't want to eat it. The only other reason I'd stop would be from stress -- severe stress makes me nauseated and can't eat a morsel.

Wondered if others do the same - if you can't taste the food, why eat it? Or do you go ahead anyway LOL

I wonder if there's a surgery or something to kill your taste buds??? Seems less severe than having 1/2 your stomach sectioned off???

thistoo 01-24-2012 03:50 PM

My problem is that when I'm sick, all I want is bread. Being carb intolerant, that poses a problem! Though when I was really active and fit I never got sick, even though I work in a germ factory (aka the public library) so the key for me is to stay healthy, I guess.

linJber 01-24-2012 05:30 PM

Funny idea - kill the taste buds! I rarely lose my appetite, even with a cold, so it probably wouldn't work for me anyway.

Lin

Dawn2Dusk 01-24-2012 05:39 PM

I can't eat while sick or stressed or going through TOM. Especially TOM. I always experience a whoosh then but I'm not entirely sure if it's because of water retention or because I just don't feel much like eating. As for the kill-your-tastebuds-diet, I figured you might be able to numb your tastebuds by sucking on some ice. :p

patchworkpenguin 01-24-2012 09:56 PM

I had a cold/sinus thing for most of January and found myself in the unprecedented position of having to remind myself to eat. I finally figured out I was hungry because I felt nauseated. Really weird. But like Trazey I couldn't taste the food so I wasn't as interested.

Kay7jay 01-29-2012 02:15 PM

Funny you mention it, since I'm crazy sick right now for the first time in years. My head is telling me I need to eat but my body disagrees. I can't even talk myself into walking into the kitchen. Which is probably a good thing since I definitely am not able to talk myself into going to the gym to work off the calories..

Surgery to kill taste buds sounds like a good way to get me off the fried food, wonder if insurance would cover it :D

jitterfish 01-29-2012 09:07 PM

I find when I'm sick I want to eat more. Maybe its about energy boosting, or an excuse to eat crap -LOL-

Arctic Mama 01-29-2012 09:13 PM

I tend to eat less during colds, too. I'm not particularly hungry, and when I am the food doesn't taste as good, either. Having that feeling constantly does seem like it would be useful for weight loss, wouldn't it?