Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 12:03 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Default ~~~Jaded Ladies #2~~~

Welcome all,

We are a small but caring bunch who encourage each other through the ups and downs of everyday life. Lurkers, jump right in and join us!

Back in a sec....
Old 02-15-2003, 12:11 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Talking

Alrighty then....

Carree - your dogs are too cute for words!
Any one who didn't get to see them, jump back to the old thread, and take a peek.

OrangeIvy - where are you? She is a new member I invited over to post with us.....

All is well here. I made it through Valentine's Day without messing up. DH and I had a romantic dinner and evening. Younger DD went to town with a group of friends to eat out and see a movie, so we had the house to ourselves, and it was so nice.

I've got news... Older DD is expecting in October!! Yes, they are the ones who have twins, and the babies will be 16 months apart. Three in diapers at once! But we are very happy with the news. They say that SIL will get the snip-snip once this one is born.

Have a great weekend Ladies.
Jana
Old 02-16-2003, 09:25 PM   #3  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Those puppies certainly are cute! I'll bet the babies are even cuter though.

Miko and I went to the gym 4 times this week and while I'm not sure of the weigh-in, I think I might have dropped 1-2 lbs. I'll know better in a day or two if the am weighings are still in that ballpark. I wonder how long it will take before I'll see actual differences in my measurements? I'm starting out with a 44" waist and truly humungous hips. I'm not expecting an overnightmiracle, but it will be exciting when I take measurements and see a difference--THAT will be motivation to keep on going for another x number ofweeks.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:29 PM   #4  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Oh, after YEARS of wanting to make one, I finally got the materials to make myself a wholecloth quilt...no patchwork, but filled with truly obscene amounts of hand quilted stitchery. *grin*
I'm in the process of designing the actual quilting desigmn, but I think I'm going to use my tattoo as the central medallion and I do know that I'll be quilting a feather border around the outer edge.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:51 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

Good morning Ladies,

Kat - I bet you will show some results at the gym in just a few weeks. What an incentive to keep on keepin' on... I am a quilter, too, and love the ideas you have. I did a wholecloth quilt for 1 on my daughters, in a denim fabric, then painted on it. I painted a big teddy bear, a ping-pong paddle with attached red ball, jacks and ball, peppermint candies and other stuff she liked at the time. I tied it off with yarn instead of actually quilting it, though. Your tatoo design is a good one.

Carree & Ruth - come out, come out, wherever you are....

We are snowed in, here in Indiana. It sure is pretty to look at, but there is about 8 " of snow on top of sleet... Yikes!

Lost 1 1/4 this week, which makes 11 1/4. I like WW's - it is so flexible.

Have a good day,
Jana
Old 02-17-2003, 10:40 AM   #6  

Thumbs down Hello again

Hey again ladies, how is everyone this morning? Sorry I haven't posted lately, we have been having a busy week here but now it has slowed down, phew!
So a little about us, I am not sure what all I have posted but I'll recap:
We live in New Hampshire, and have been here for 1 year on March 4th. We moved here from Vancouver British Columbia, Canada. So far so good, but I would move home in a heart beat because home is home right. I am a 25 year old SAHM and to honest I miss work! I have worked since I was 17 so this staying home is new to me but I am trying to make the best of it. Staying home is what gets me because I eat all the time, arg! My DH is a 29 year old computer engineer and loves his new job here in the USA! We have 2 beautiful children, DS who is 3 1/2 and a DD who is 7 months. They are the love of my life and are the reason why I want to lose weight. I want to be able to teach them how to do cart wheels and sommersaults etc...run after them and play at the beach comfortably! I have really bombed in the attempt to lose anything this past week with all the fast foods etc but I am going to get back on track ASAP!
Well I should run, I will post more aften now that things are back to normal here!! Take care and keep warm ladies!
By the way the storm is just starting here in New Hampshire and looking towards 1+ feet over the next 24 hours, yaaahhhhoooo!

Julie
Current weight: 210lbs
Goal for June 1: 170lbs
Overall goal: 140lbs
Old 02-17-2003, 01:11 PM   #7  
The Rockinghorse Gal

So, where in NH are you? West Lebanon is only about an hour from me, so perhaps if you are somewhere near there we could have a get-together.
What brought you to the States? I'm planning on immigrating to Nova Scotia ASAP (which will be in a bit over 3 years after I finish my degree and a work commitment).

The scales were kind to me this morning, weighing me in at 219, a welcome improvement over 223 last week...I'm hoping the weight stays in that ballpark (or decreases) showing that it is actual loss and not just daily fluid fluctuations. Miko and I will be heading to the gym again today...she really seems to enjoy weightlifting, and I know she likes the rower as far as cardio machines go. Hopefully by the time the gym membership runs out in 6 months both of us will be well established in a new routine. I'm also hoping that as the wegiht comes off my heel will stop hurting so much. I have a heel spur that is so painful by the end of the day that I can hardly walk--its a bit of a catch-22 because losing weight will help reduce the pain, but being active TO lose the weight greatly increases the pain.
Old 02-17-2003, 01:15 PM   #8  
The Rockinghorse Gal

At the moment I'm still toughing through it, though I concentrate on low impact activities like the eliptical trainers...treadmill is NOT going to help. I bought some soft heel inserts but so far I'm not seeing much of an improvment...its been 3 weeks now, so it may be time to go visit the MD again. *sigh* I hate to waste money by going if there is nothing they can do except tell me to lose weight and possibly offer surgery (which I don't have time for right now anyhow).
Old 02-17-2003, 01:47 PM   #9  

Default fropvd

I am in the Merrimack valley region.
Old 02-17-2003, 05:05 PM   #10  
Fit and Feisty

Default Snowed In! Blizzard Daniel!

Wow! This definitely rivals the blizzard of 1978! We are expecting upwards of two feet. I have stayed in my flannel PJs all day, and I am getting very lazy.

The big excitement is to watch the last (?) episode of Joe Millionaire tonight (I need to get a life to have gotten hooked on this drivel!) I am, however, fascinated with castles!

Love,
carree
Old 02-17-2003, 07:13 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

DH was home today, and we braved the snow to make it to town. I couldn't believe how many other people were in Wal-mart. We didn't really need anything, but I was getting cabin fever, and DH handles the snow very well.

Joe Millionaire, eh? I've heard the gals on The View talk about him and give him h*ll. They say he should've picked last week, or something.

Kat and Julie, hope you two can meet up. How interesting that would be.

Ruth - hope your week is going well.

TTFN,
Jana
Old 02-18-2003, 11:20 AM   #12  
The Rockinghorse Gal

I took baseline measurements right before starting at the gym and to my surprise, I have some changes

My waist has gone from 44" to 42.5"
hips from 52.5"to 52"
chest (under bust) from 42" to 41"
and biceps from 14" to 13.5"
The thighs are the same at 24".

I guess that means that the weightloss over the last week WAS real. *grin*

Miko hasn't let me measure her yet, but I'm going to show her my number changes and see if she'll let me measure her--then she can see changes for herself as well. My feeling about her trips to the gym are that as long as she goes 3 times/week and is moving, I don't care what she does for weight lifting or cardiovascular exercize. Obviously I don't want her to lift too much and get hurt, but if she doesn't want to do a certain nautilus machine, I'm not going to pressure her--she's having fun and she's moving and thats all that counts.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:18 AM   #13  
GmaTo8

Woo Hoo Kat !! Way to go on the progress! Nuthin' like a good ol' tape measure to tell it like it is.

Don't have time to linger - I'm having company in a little while, and I have to get busy.

Have a great day all you Jaded Ladies...

Jana
Old 02-19-2003, 10:16 AM   #14  

Way to go Kat, but sorry to hear about the heal spur, those hurt. I haven't kept up with any sort of weight loss, I am pretty much veged on the cough with the flu. Oh well as soon as I feel better back to the grind stone!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Julie
Old 02-20-2003, 09:06 AM   #15  
GmaTo8

G'day Ladies, (where's Paul Hogan??)

Julie - hope you are feeling much better by now. We all had the flu here about a month ago, and it was miserable.

Kat - I didn't catch who Miko is, and need details, please.

Ruth - you never did come and tell us about the new addition! Hope all is well.

Carree - are you a Bachelorette fan? I saw very little of the whole thing, but know she picked Ryan. I saw them together on Good Morning America this morning, and somehow, I think he is too good for her. What's your take on it all?

Yesterday was a hard one to stay OP, and I'm glad it's over! I ate too much, but still wrote it down for accountability. Why are some days more munchy than others??

Gotta go run some errands. Be good.
Jana
Closed Thread