Old 11-24-2011, 09:36 PM   #1  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Default Newbies Unite... again! :)

just starting a new thread as the old one had reached it's limit... thank you Wayward for the reminder!

how is everyone doing? check in if you can!
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

hi Everyone, I'm from Alberta Canada and heard about IP through my boyfriend's sister who is having success with the program.

I'm 39 years old, no kids and live with my wonderful supportive boyfriend who is helping me pay to join IP.

I have my consultation on Saturday. I was wondering though if you're allowed to have eggs in PHase I for breakfast and can you divide your meat between lunch and dinner? Also are you allowed to make your own soup with the allowable vegetables instead of buying theirs?

I'm really happy I found this site
Trinique125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:30 PM   #3  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

I have made my own soup using the allowable veggies, low sodium broth, I also added chicken and I put in tofu noodles to make a yummy chicken noodle soup-made enough for 2 days. I also made a veggie stew, same soup concept,very good. I also used meatless(tofu) hamburger in my soups.
Junetwin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

Thanks June, I like to make my own meals as I'm quite fussy about prepackaged ones, I find it hard to stomach to be honest. I really would prefer making most of my own foods. Never tried tofu but I might have to give it a try this time for some variety.
Trinique125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:04 AM   #5  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinique125 View Post
I was wondering though if you're allowed to have eggs in PHase I for breakfast and can you divide your meat between lunch and dinner? Also are you allowed to make your own soup with the allowable vegetables instead of buying theirs?

I'm really happy I found this site
WELCOME! And we're sure glad you're here, too. To get the most from this site -- and there's a lot to get -- take a look at the first post in the daily chat thread and the numberous stickies housed in the first two threads at the very top of the Forum. They'll help immensely and give you tons of information very quickly. Think overload. Some quick answers, though.

The Ideal Protein Program centres on using very high grade protein isolate -- soy, whey, and egg proteins primarily. They are much more easily digested than raw and cooked food proteins and they contain essential nutrients, particularly the amino acids. You can't get those from eggs or meat and fish alone, and even less from tofu although it is a good vegetarian alternative. You need to eat three packets every day along with the supplements, vegetables and romaine salad. Soups are an excellent way to eat vegetables, if they aren't salty, and combining meat or fish and vegetables in a soup for dinner is fine with the added advantage of keeping you hydrated. If you commit 100 percent to the program, from the onset, you'll do really, really well. It is so simple. 2 salads, 3 packets, 4 cups of vegetables, 100 grams of water, supplements, lots of sleep, and no stress, mental (worry) or physical (exercise at the beginning). If this is your strategy, you should be off to a flying start. It really is that easy.

Just one word of caution. If the cause of your weight gain is hypothyroidism, avoid soy, particularly packaged soy, soy milk, etc., and raw carcinogenic vegetables. Hope this helps. Bon Voyage.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #6  
Mom on a mission

S/C/G: 200/187/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Back on Track

Well, Im back on track, I fell off a bit as I had a family situation here - then a Royal Carribbean cruise and Thanksgiving! But I did very well and am still losing weight!

Not as much as I would have if I had been true to IP the whole time, but today starting with my shake and no pies!!!

might Wii fit a bit to get a boost!

desiree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #7  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Today starts my third week on IP. Normally I would have my weigh in today but will go on Monday. I'm made it through Thanksgiving without any cheating. I make a sweet potato casserole for my kids and it's the one thing I look forward to every year. I was good and resisted the urge to take even one bite of it. I was so proud of myself so while the family was chowing down on all those carbs I ate my turkey, cucumbers, lettuce and cauliflower. Not once did I feel left out. My husband is working out of state so he wasn't home but next year I'll make a feast we can both enjoy. Lately, I've given a lot of thought to what my eating habits were like before I started IP. I can honestly say I will never eat the way I did before IP. I mean over indulging is not worth the extra weight. I feel awesome , I look healthier and this is just two weeks into the program. I can't wait to see how healthy I look at 3 months.
Magicpinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Newbies!

I hope you (U.S.ers) all made it through the Thanksgiving meal OP and are feeling a healthy sense of accomplishment today. I stayed OP, yay, and what was as sweet as having dessert was watching as my carb-overloaded coworkers suffered the after effects and the fact that I was feeling normal this year...a NSV if ya ask me!! For all our non-U.S.ers, I hope your days are going well too!

I'm at the start of month two on IP and things are going well. My face is not as puffy, my jeans are looser and I know I'm doing something positive for myself. All good things as a result of following protocol and being kind to myself. Having a mindset of "I'm not missing out on anything, in fact I'm gaining something good" has helped tremendously.

For those just starting, I say stay the course and trust that relief is within your grasp. Come here to read read read and ask questions; it's a great place for support.

Hugs around the room. (and thank you Bugs for starting a new thread!)
2Poles1Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
just starting a new thread as the old one had reached it's limit... thank you Wayward for the reminder!

how is everyone doing? check in if you can!
Thanks for starting this thread again! Sara, you and I started right around the same time. I had my 5th WI today. I have more than twice as much to lose as you do but I don't let that frustrate me... I have to use it as motivation to just put the blinders on and keep going!

To all the newer newbies... you will not be disappointed with your results!

Keep up the great work everyone!
meant2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/240/210

Height: 5'10"

Good Day

I have been on IP for just about two weeks, second weigh in tomorrow. Two of my daughters joined around the same time in other cities in Alberta. We have had so many different things told to us about the program that confusion is ongoing. I am so thankful to have found this link. So much information though and had to grasp it all.

Linden thank you for the basic concept of Ideal Protien. All your informtation was new to me.

You are all inspiration.
chod45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #11  

Default Lettuce

I don't care for lettuce. Is it required on the IPD?
Lorisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #12  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorisue View Post
I don't care for lettuce. Is it required on the IPD?
Yes. Have you tried Romaine? Really, really good nutritional value. And it taste good, especially with a little EVO and apple cider vinegar.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:30 PM   #13  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chod45 View Post
Linden thank you for the basic concept of Ideal Protien. All your informtation was new to me.
Thanks. Honestly, it really is an elegantly simple concept to grasp. But, like all beautifully simple things, the nuances are infinite. I think the props are here and you can ask questions all the time. Best, very best, to you and your daughters.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/205/190

As a male who has been fighting weight since puberty (now 26), I gotta say IP has been like finding a hidden treasure. I never was obese but have been fluffy for a while lol.

I started my 3rd week yesterday and I am already down 10 lbs in TWO WEEKS. My goal is to lose a total of 24lbs and I'm almost half way there. Should I have known about this diet , I would not have been killing myself in the gym for 2 straight months last year.

Tips for those who want to excercise. DUMP THE CAR. Walk to work, I do every day. As a matter fact, I used to be hooked on coffee, but the excercise and the cool air in the morning helped me ditch that addiction. Maybe it will for you too.

Can't wait to hit my goal of 190Lbs, I plan on getting a fitted suit as a present for all this sacrifice (peanut better sandwiches, oh how I miss you).

Good luck to everyone! You can do it. I would be lying if I didn't think about quitting but keep your eyez on the prize and before you know it, you'll be there!
Onmission2perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/205/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicpinecone View Post
Good morning! Today starts my third week on IP. Normally I would have my weigh in today but will go on Monday. I'm made it through Thanksgiving without any cheating. I make a sweet potato casserole for my kids and it's the one thing I look forward to every year. I was good and resisted the urge to take even one bite of it. I was so proud of myself so while the family was chowing down on all those carbs I ate my turkey, cucumbers, lettuce and cauliflower. Not once did I feel left out. My husband is working out of state so he wasn't home but next year I'll make a feast we can both enjoy. Lately, I've given a lot of thought to what my eating habits were like before I started IP. I can honestly say I will never eat the way I did before IP. I mean over indulging is not worth the extra weight. I feel awesome , I look healthier and this is just two weeks into the program. I can't wait to see how healthy I look at 3 months.
Good for you. I know how you feel. I too started my 3 week yesterday and I can see and feel the results. Actually, I started this bad habit of judging people eating habits. I peek at their plates and I kinda shake my head. I don't like doing it but I think Im subconsciously thinking , that was me no so long ago.

Anyone else noticed how different their fridge looks lol. Mine used to be filled with beer and bread. Now it's full of green veggies and healthy stuff.
Onmission2perfection is offline   Reply With Quote