Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 08:07 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Daily Chat- Friday, Sept 16

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 09-16-2011, 08:14 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning everyone! Some people mentioned wanting a separate Sat/Sun thread, so I stuck with that idea.

I'm doing well. P3 seems to be doing a number on my stomach. I think it's in shock.

I'm busy piping frosting onto cupcakes for my son to take to school today. He's 9 today. Scary. We're moving into preteen years soon.

Have great day everyone. My day will be crazy busy, but I'll try and check in later
Old 09-16-2011, 08:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 298.8/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone! Today is going to be a great day! I tell myself they every morning. Yesterday was great stayed OP and I am feeling really good about my coach change. I love to read what everyone is going through and I feel like I'm right there with you.

Itsaboutime and dollfacebella I hope you have much better days today. Keep smiling you are conquering
Old 09-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7'

Good morning! TGIF!!!!!!

I am so happy fall is here. Its a gorgeous crisp day in NJ. I made a large batch of mashed rutabaga last night that just makes me feel fall-like. I plan on getting mums and putting out the Halloween decorations.....may be a little early but I am in the mood.

I did a pretty intense workout last night so I ate 4.5 IP packets plus did 2 reg meals since I switched to Ph 2 this week. I feel like I dropped weight overnight. We'll see how my WI goes tomorrow.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Good morning everyone! Some people mentioned wanting a separate Sat/Sun thread, so I stuck with that idea.
Good call.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:43 AM   #6  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

I am still not believing how my body is reacting to this diet, I am so positively chocked at the results, to me, this diet should not be called Ideal Protein Diet, it should be called Miracle Diet.

I dropped a whole pound since yesterday! How? I have no clue, all I know is that I started this program on June 30, 2011 and it's not even 3 months on it now and I already lost 39 pounds! Wow... as I wanted to type ''39'' I almost typed a lower number cause my mind is not processing the idea of how much I lost, it's amazing.

I am approaching my mid goal and my dream of being in onederland.

I hope everyone is doing well and that you all will have a great weekend.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:10 AM   #7  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Hi Sandra..39 pounds is wondeful. You are getting very close to onderland. It is so nice to be on a program that is successful. I am an Ideal Protein lover also.

MOVINGON: I have been reading about Phase 3. I hope it is going well for you. I can imagine your stomach feeling in a state of shock with the added foods. Reading his explanation of why Phase 3 worked, helped me.Are you enjoying fruit?

Alexandallismom: good job of staying OP yesterday!!!

Stolaf: I am getting the Halloween urges also..Played a Halloween song in my class yesterday..

I had 2 meetings after work yesterday..was already coming home late..then found out my husband had not defrosted the chicken for dinner..then stopped for pizza for husband and son..and came home starving with no dinner..quickly thru together canned tuna and salad. These unprepared times are my most dangerous times..starving, tired, and nothing prepared!
At least my chicken is defrosted for tonight!

Last edited by Maile; 09-16-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #8  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

I had 2 meetings after work yesterday..was already coming home late..then found out my husband had not defrosted the chicken for dinner..then stopped for pizza for husband and son..and came home starving with no dinner..quickly thru together canned tuna and salad. These unprepared times are my most dangerous times..starving, tired, and nothing prepared!
At least my chicken is defrosted for tonight![/QUOTE]

Wow !! Aren't you strong! You should be very proud of yourself that you bought a pizza for husband and son and you had a can of Tuna! Way to go! I don't think I would have had the determination you had, I think I would have digged into the pizza, so congratulations on stayting OP, you motivate me
Old 09-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #9  
Joined IP 8/2011

S/C/G: 166/145.4/120

Height: 5'0''

Welcome Friday! Hubby is out of town this entire week, so I've been doing meals for kids, and doing meals for me! Like someone else said, yesterday I didn't have a plan for me, but managed to defrost a chicken breast and get it on top of a large salad. Today I have mtgs (with food...and desserts...sigh) but I have a plan!

I hit the lost 10 pounds mark at the WI yesterday! Woot! Now to get through a busy weekend and next week go to a brunch where I won't be eating at at :-)

I'll check in later as well! Happy Friday to All!

carrie
Old 09-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Hi Sandra..39 pounds is wondeful. You are getting very close to onderland. It is so nice to be on a program that is successful. I am an Ideal Protein lover also.

MOVINGON: I have been reading about Phase 3. I hope it is going well for you. I can imagine your stomach feeling in a state of shock with the added foods. Reading his explanation of why Phase 3 worked, helped me.Are you enjoying fruit?

Stolaf: I am getting the Halloween urges also..Played a Halloween song in my class yesterday..

Thank goodness for canned Tuna in a salad. That, and the fact that I can scramble up two eggs + a white for dinner is a lifesaver when I get in that situation.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #11  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post

Wow !! Aren't you strong! You should be very proud of yourself that you bought a pizza for husband and son and you had a can of Tuna! Way to go! I don't think I would have had the determination you had, I think I would have digged into the pizza, so congratulations on stayting OP, you motivate me [/QUOTE]
Sandra..I must admit that going into a pizza place while starving was definitely tricky! Fortunately it was a take and bake so the smells were at least better. I was waiting there trying to imagine how to make an IP pizza ..Have not tried the baked crepe with pasta sauce yet!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #12  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
Thank goodness for canned Tuna in a salad. That, and the fact that I can scramble up two eggs + a white for dinner is a lifesaver when I get in that situation.
Yes, thank goodness for canned tuna. It is so handy to have as an emergency meal...Plus I love tuna. We got some fresh tuna from the coast and they canned it..delicious.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 229/187/185

Height: 5' 11"

"I had 2 meetings after work yesterday..was already coming home late..then found out my husband had not defrosted the chicken for dinner..then stopped for pizza for husband and son..and came home starving with no dinner..quickly thru together canned tuna and salad. These unprepared times are my most dangerous times..starving, tired, and nothing prepared!"

Ain't it the truth?!

Wow. What restraint.

Morning everyone!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Yes, thank goodness for canned tuna. It is so handy to have as an emergency meal...Plus I love tuna. We got some fresh tuna from the coast and they canned it..delicious.
OMG i never knew that you could have canned tuna! Is the WF mayo any good (is it more like mayo or sweet dressing type)? Would love to have tuna salads.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post

I'm doing well. P3 seems to be doing a number on my stomach. I think it's in shock.

I'm busy piping frosting onto cupcakes for my son to take to school today. He's 9 today. Scary. We're moving into preteen years soon.

Have great day everyone. My day will be crazy busy, but I'll try and check in later
I'm nervous about Phase 3. Hope your stomach feels better soon! My daughter will be 9 in December and I'm having a hard time believing it. Where does the time go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandallismom View Post
Good morning everyone! Today is going to be a great day! I tell myself they every morning. Yesterday was great stayed OP and I am feeling really good about my coach change. I love to read what everyone is going through and I feel like I'm right there with you.

Itsaboutime and dollfacebella I hope you have much better days today. Keep smiling you are conquering
Thanks! I hope so too. I had a long talk with my husband last night about not understanding the jealousy. Since my mind isn't seeing what everyone else is seeing I think I have a harder time with it but what about wight loss = a different person? I'm still the same Lynsey I was 3 months ago when they weren't talking about me behind my back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

I am still not believing how my body is reacting to this diet, I am so positively chocked at the results, to me, this diet should not be called Ideal Protein Diet, it should be called Miracle Diet.

I dropped a whole pound since yesterday! How? I have no clue, all I know is that I started this program on June 30, 2011 and it's not even 3 months on it now and I already lost 39 pounds! Wow... as I wanted to type ''39'' I almost typed a lower number cause my mind is not processing the idea of how much I lost, it's amazing.

I am approaching my mid goal and my dream of being in onederland.

I hope everyone is doing well and that you all will have a great weekend.
Congrats on the 39 pounds! I agree, it does miracles for the body but also for the mind. I used to think I couldn't live without some of these things I've given up and now I know better.

Quote:

I used to want to scratch hubby's eyes out when he'd bring that stuff home but just because I can't have it doesn't mean they can't. I make myself something I know I will really enjoy so I don't miss it quite as much.

We went to dinner last night and it was sooooo good! I had a salad with lots of veggies from the salad bar and then salmon, mashed cauliflower, and steamed broccoli. I was told there was nothing in the mashed cauliflower I couldn't have but had to question the waiter after my first bite. (I also sent a text to my friend who suggested them.) I just KNEW there was something I shouldn't have in them because they were too good. He assured me there were 10 different spices but no, there wasn't cheese or milk or butter and they were perfectly safe. They must've been fine because I was down .2 more this morning and not up! I didn't feel like a pain because he said they get a lot of questions with different health reasons behind them and he was so good about it. My hubby didn't even get embarrassed! He actually said he was proud I was so concerned about it.

I picked up some pics at Walmart and it's been since Dec that I've printed so we had a few good laughs at my expense. I can't see my losses in the mirror but when I compared my face to the one in the pics, it was obvious. My husband was so sweet about it too. Looking through old pics sure makes me realize he's not with me for the looks. LOL! This man loves me for who I am. I remember taking some of the pics and thinking, "I look pretty good here." WOW! I must've had a moment of temporary blindness.
Closed Thread