Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #31  

Height: 5'4"

On phase 3 what else can you have in place of the yogurt? I'm not a fan of yogurt but really dislike greek yogurt. I will probably give it a chance since my tastes have changed so much but just in case, I will need a plan B.

Also, is it phase 3 or 4 that you introduce all veggies back? I'm thinking about Thanksgiving already and was wondering about a few things. I am HOPING to be in phase 2 but will more than likely only be in 2 so it won't matter anyway.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:21 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
WF mayo is disgusting! I threw it away upon taking the lid off because even the smell is awful!

I never did buy the WF mayo because everyone on here had negative remarks about it. But by accident I discovered a great flavor for tuna. I took tuna and a salad to work. Doing something else I poured WF Asian dressing over the tuna, not the salad. When I put the tuna in the salad and mixed it a bit it was delicious. The WF Asian dressing is good for so many things, my hubby loves it when I make stir fry with it.

IAT- I can't believe the poisonous atmosphere on your job. Good for you on taking the high road with the candy. That way you not only will feel great about your weight loss but you will have the added glow of knowing YOU did the right thing even when some people were being jerks.

You sure have an added strength in a supportive hubby who understands the situation.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I never did buy the WF mayo because everyone on here had negative remarks about it. But by accident I discovered a great flavor for tuna. I took tuna and a salad to work. Doing something else I poured WF Asian dressing over the tuna, not the salad. When I put the tuna in the salad and mixed it a bit it was delicious. The WF Asian dressing is good for so many things, my hubby loves it when I make stir fry with it.
Thanks i'll try that, what does the asian dressing taste like, i'm a very picky eater. For stir fry, i usually use the balsamic dressing with a bit of splenda.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #34  

Maile- when did you start IP and did you do it straight thru? I just started less than 2 weeks ago but our start weights are very similar..just trying to figure out how long it will take me to get where you're currently at. Keep up all the great work, you're a great inspiration.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom9799 View Post
Rainbow mom,
I think you really do need to make sure you're consuming enough calories, carbs, and protein on this diet. You see a lot on here about people eliminating restricteds or cutting back on them. You see people cutting back on allowed veggies for lower carb allowed veggies and also choosing lower carb restricteds to try to boost their weight loss. But keep in mind that calories, carbs, and protein are necessary to function. I think we start to think this is a 0/0/0 diet but it's not. If your body detects not enough calories, OR carbs, or protein it will do what is has to do to survive. So you can have a stall. We are all so different, so my opinion is try to listen to your body, you probably do need more calories and/or carbs to lose weight.

This is just my opinion, but I think it's working for me. Have a great day!!

So glad you keep reminding us about this! When I had weeks when I had low losses my coach always checked to see if I had left things out and was skipping things. In the beginning when my body was detoxing I had migraines kick in and couldn't eat some days until late in day and only would get in one meal. Those weeks my losses were really slow.

So many people seem to have a big loss in week one, then as the body is adjusting to this and the next loss is low, immediately start cutting things that is clearly on the protocol sheets. That is so counter-productive. If a product is on the proticol list it is there for a reason. If it is there with constrants on how often it can be taken that has been worked out too.

Pat
Old 09-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #36  

Funny story! Toxic coworker who has started this diet 3 times and failed by day 4 everytime is wearing my jeans today! They were one of the pairs that got too big and I sold them to the consignment store. She knew they were mine when she bought them and she still did. That surprises me since everything is a constant competition with her. Then she grabbed the butt of the jeans I'm in today and said I need to stop because my *** is already sagging in the jeans I just bought. Yep, that's the point!

Yes, it is a horrible place. People are awful here, seriously! My husband also works here so I have one safe haven when I need someone to crab to.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #37  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandallismom View Post
Good morning everyone! Today is going to be a great day! I tell myself they every morning. Yesterday was great stayed OP and I am feeling really good about my coach change. I love to read what everyone is going through and I feel like I'm right there with you.

Itsaboutime and dollfacebella I hope you have much better days today. Keep smiling you are conquering
I don't know what it is but I have that song Going to be a good night by the blackeyed peas and had it out of my head until I read your post about a great day, and up it popped again... humming it as I work and type...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Hi Sandra..39 pounds is wondeful. You are getting very close to onderland. It is so nice to be on a program that is successful. I am an Ideal Protein lover also.

MOVINGON: I have been reading about Phase 3. I hope it is going well for you. I can imagine your stomach feeling in a state of shock with the added foods. Reading his explanation of why Phase 3 worked, helped me.Are you enjoying fruit?

Alexandallismom: good job of staying OP yesterday!!!

Stolaf: I am getting the Halloween urges also..Played a Halloween song in my class yesterday..

I had 2 meetings after work yesterday..was already coming home late..then found out my husband had not defrosted the chicken for dinner..then stopped for pizza for husband and son..and came home starving with no dinner..quickly thru together canned tuna and salad. These unprepared times are my most dangerous times..starving, tired, and nothing prepared!
At least my chicken is defrosted for tonight!
When I went to phase 2 I bought cans of tuna in case I didn't have time to make anything... we really are not suppose to be eating canned tuna but when your in the middle of the prairies there aint a lot of fresh tuna around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmeghanmom View Post
Welcome Friday! Hubby is out of town this entire week, so I've been doing meals for kids, and doing meals for me! Like someone else said, yesterday I didn't have a plan for me, but managed to defrost a chicken breast and get it on top of a large salad. Today I have mtgs (with food...and desserts...sigh) but I have a plan!

I hit the lost 10 pounds mark at the WI yesterday! Woot! Now to get through a busy weekend and next week go to a brunch where I won't be eating at at :-)

I'll check in later as well! Happy Friday to All!

carrie
congrats on your 10 lbs... that is great.. sounds like you have everything under control.

Quote:
I'm nervous about Phase 3. Hope your stomach feels better soon! Since my mind isn't seeing what everyone else is seeing I think I have a harder time with it but what about wight loss = a different person? I'm still the same Lynsey I was 3 months ago when they weren't talking about me behind my back. This man loves me for who I am. I remember taking some of the pics and thinking, "I look pretty good here." WOW! I must've had a moment of temporary blindness.
I agree with you I am still the same Joanne, I may look different (not to me but..) but I am still the same. Those people are definately jealous....You are lucky to have a good DH and you are special.
I have had a candy dish on my desk from the beginning, mainly because the guys whined if I didn't... so I kept it. Now as I am getting close to where I want to be food is more tempting... good thing there is no Chocolate in there. Right now there is candy I don't like so not a problem...

NSV - I forget sometimes that I look different. One of the guy's who retired in June was visiting the office today, I ran into him and he said HEY wow do you look good. He was always asking me how my "project was coming along" now he saw that it has improved dramatically. It seems so funny, but it is so nice to still get complimented.

Have a great day all.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:01 PM   #38  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post

MOVINGON: I have been reading about Phase 3. I hope it is going well for you. I can imagine your stomach feeling in a state of shock with the added foods. Reading his explanation of why Phase 3 worked, helped me.Are you enjoying fruit?
Fruit is one of the things I've missed the most. It really is a treat. Phase 3 breakfasts feel decadent, but I have to admit that it's work! I kind of miss grabbing a RTD for breakfast and then hitting the road.

Quote:
I'm nervous about Phase 3. Hope your stomach feels better soon! My daughter will be 9 in December and I'm having a hard time believing it. Where does the time go?
Thanks, I hope it gets better soon too. I'm surprised at how fast my IBS symptoms came back after bringing different foods into my diet.
9 years did go by fast- kinda freaks me out. I'm not so sure how to deal with all this pre-teen stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
My son's third birthday is tomorrow. What kind of cupcakes did you make?

I'm making cupcakes for tomorrow. It's becoming kind of a tradition for him to wake up and find cupcakes for breakfast. He's an otherwise healthy eater and I'm making the mini ones, so I am happy to let him indulge.

Challenging days. I found out yesterday that I didn't get the job I really, really wanted. Couldn't turn to food or even a glass of wine to help me deal with my feelings. And to top it off, my in-laws arrived for a 5 day visit.

Staying 100% on program, but my weight loss has stalled and I think it's because I'm not getting enough calories. I naturally go to tofu or fish for my protein. Tonight we're doing chicken, so I hope to get at least 800 calories today.

Have a great day, everyone!
You're a nice Mom, letting your son have treats for breakfast. My kid wanted a cupcake this morning and I said No. LOL I'm a mean Mom, but he'll deal. I was so short on time this week I just threw together a regular chocolate cake recipe and made chocolate buttercream frosting to pipe on top and added glitter sprinkles. Ordinarily I am known for extravagant, creative treats, but this time I was lucky to get it done at all.
I'm sorry about the job. You did well not letting the disappointment derail you!

Quote:
On phase 3 what else can you have in place of the yogurt? I'm not a fan of yogurt but really dislike greek yogurt. I will probably give it a chance since my tastes have changed so much but just in case, I will need a plan B.

Also, is it phase 3 or 4 that you introduce all veggies back? I'm thinking about Thanksgiving already and was wondering about a few things. I am HOPING to be in phase 2 but will more than likely only be in 2 so it won't matter anyway.
In phase 3 veggies stay the same. In P4 you can add all meat and veggies back. You don't have to have yogurt in P3, you can have cheese or milk.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
In phase 3 veggies stay the same. In P4 you can add all meat and veggies back. You don't have to have yogurt in P3, you can have cheese or milk.
That's what I thought but the bottom of my phase 3 sheet from my friend says *ALL vegetables and Ideal Protein Packets are now permitted.*

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 09-16-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Thanks i'll try that, what does the asian dressing taste like, i'm a very picky eater. For stir fry, i usually use the balsamic dressing with a bit of splenda.
Hey Lady lady!

You aren't suppose to be using Balsamic dressing on IP....because there is sugar (sorry ). I truly believe that's where my .2 loss came from. I had a special salad made a restaurant and didn't specify that it was suppose to be white vinegar and felt bad to send it back as it was a salad not on the menu. So I just ate it....kinda regretted it later! LOL

When I make a thai sauce when I cook chicken, I use WF Peanut Butter with sesame seed oil with soy. You could concoct something for a salad with that oil and soy.... I truly believe that's where my .2 loss came from. (I edited this and saw that I typed this last sentence twice, it made me laugh so I'm leaving it!)

When I make a thai sauce I use WF Peanut Butter with sesame seed oil with soy. You could concoct something for a salad with that oil and soy...and put some sesame seeds in the salad...??

Last edited by Ishbel; 09-16-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:25 PM   #41  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Funny story! Toxic coworker who has started this diet 3 times and failed by day 4 everytime is wearing my jeans today! They were one of the pairs that got too big and I sold them to the consignment store. She knew they were mine when she bought them and she still did. That surprises me since everything is a constant competition with her. Then she grabbed the butt of the jeans I'm in today and said I need to stop because my *** is already sagging in the jeans I just bought. Yep, that's the point!

Yes, it is a horrible place. People are awful here, seriously! My husband also works here so I have one safe haven when I need someone to crab to.
what a horrible b*^%$H she is...

I have a newsletter from my clinic if anyone wants me to share some of the tips I will. Let me know... it talked about the "NEW" products such as the Mango drink, and the soon arriving "mashed potatoes" and "cookies" also told me why water is so important... do you think I should add it?
Old 09-16-2011, 12:37 PM   #42  

Hello my IP friends..... I just want to say that I love hearing about what the weather is like in all the parts of the world where you live. It is just fun to hear. I sort of can picture your life. It is fall here in Virginia... crisp and cool. My favorite time of year. I like crisp with a fire in the fireplace, feels home-y.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey Lady lady!

You aren't suppose to be using Balsamic dressing on IP....because there is sugar (sorry ). I truly believe that's where my .2 loss came from. I had a special salad made a restaurant and didn't specify that it was suppose to be white vinegar and felt bad to send it back as it was a salad not on the menu. So I just ate it....kinda regretted it later! LOL

When I make a thai sauce when I cook chicken, I use WF Peanut Butter with sesame seed oil with soy. You could concoct something for a salad with that oil and soy.... I truly believe that's where my .2 loss came from. (I edited this and saw that I typed this last sentence twice, it made me laugh so I'm leaving it!)

When I make a thai sauce I use WF Peanut Butter with sesame seed oil with soy. You could concoct something for a salad with that oil and soy...and put some sesame seeds in the salad...??
I get the WF balsamic!
Old 09-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
what a horrible b*^%$H she is...

I have a newsletter from my clinic if anyone wants me to share some of the tips I will. Let me know... it talked about the "NEW" products such as the Mango drink, and the soon arriving "mashed potatoes" and "cookies" also told me why water is so important... do you think I should add it?
I would like to see it
Old 09-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
I get the WF balsamic!
OH! Sorry! Didn't know there was one...I dislike most of the WF so I'm not buying anymore and making my own salad dressing (I'm addicted to it and craving it as I type it). Use THAT in the sesame seed oil and soy??? to make an asian tasting salad dressing?

Sorry
Closed Thread