Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default August Thread

Happy August, Everyone!!!! Hope you all have a great month!

I've decided to challenge myself. I want to see if setting a monthly goal helps motivate me through the month. I have "goals", but no timetables set for them. I'm going to try to hit a mini-goal of being 155 or lower by the end of the month.

Anyone else wanna try it with me?
Old 08-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #2  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

JenB72 - I'll join you in a mini goal. I would like to be 248 by the end of the month. That's exactly 3lbs per week. It would also put me under my high school graduation weight which was in 1992!

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I went to an "All Class Reunion" - which was High School grad years from 1988-1992. There were only 7 of us from 1992. But we had a blast catching up. And I received SO many compliments. I posted my story on facebook, when I started, and everyone knows what I'm doing. I just kept telling them - you wait until next year at our 20yr reunion!

I also cleaned more clothes out of my closet but didn't get rid of them yet. I think I'm going to have a garage sale in September and try to make some money from all these clothes! I showed my mom the, almost 4ft stack, of clothes in my closet and she asked, "are you sure you don't want to keep any of these... just in case?". I told her I never wanted to be that size again and if I keep all those clothes then it might make it easier for me to gain rather than maintain. I'm getting rid of the "old" me and making room for the new me! I have pictures to remind me of how big I used to be.. I don't need the clothes.

Anyway - going for WI tomorrow and hoping to sign the 70lb board. Have a good Monday (if those exist)
Old 08-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/see ticker/150

I will join in. My mini goal for August is to be 159 by August 31. That is only 8 pounds, 2 pounds a week.

This is definitely going to be a struggle, because I am going to Las Vegas 15-19 August for a convention, and, as always, I will just plan to do my best.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/178/140

Height: 5'4"

Great idea! I'm in for the mini goal. My goal will be 8 lbs this month. I also have a week long vacation, but I'm planning on being outside a lot and staying as close to program as possible. This being August, is also when I go back to work. Going out to lunch is a big deal when you are a teacher since we don't have time when we're in school. In-service days could really throw me off, but I'll be prepared for it. Maybe I'll be able to encourage others to eat better with me!

Loving this site. Thanks for all the support. I'm planning on signing the 10lb. board this week.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #5  

WI at lunch and plateau is offically busted. On their scales I'm down a pound to 163. So happy!

I must confess. I had a calculated cheat last night, but, I did take my Fat & Carb blockers. My cousin just opened an ice cream shop and this weekend was the Grand Opening. So good, but thankfully, 20 miles away, so not as much of a temptation as you might think. It did bump me up from my 162 range, but I'm ok with that. I know I'll be right back down in there since I'm doing Meta-Quick this week.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #6  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

My August goal would be to be in the 160s by September 1st (and 169.5 counts!) That's just over 11 lbs. to lose this month. It should work, but this plateau I've been on has me second-guessing myself these days.

So glad your plateau is busted, Jen. I'm so frustrated with my week-long plateau, so I can't imagine how you felt being slo close to goal, etc. I just keep telling myself that it has to end soon. I've stayed OP, so that in itself is an accomplishment. Normally plateaus lead to a cheat for me.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #7  

Candi - Congrats on the clothes! That's a great problem to have!

tkdtara 84 - It will end soon. Just stick with it and look at the labels on the foods you're eating and the salt you add to your cooking. I've been paying extra attention to this and I think that's what helped.

Evinsmom & Brandy - Good luck this month. I'm going out of town too, but we can handle this.

I decided to go ahead and do a few days on Meta-Quick and got some great tips from my counselors.

1. If you can, it's far better doing 2 shakes a day rather than a shake and a bar. Apparently, the bars only have 15 g of protein on average, where the shake has 35 g. Also, I read last week that some ladies have been having trouble with plateaus and constipation with the bars. I wonder if that's what happened to me and why I didn't lose any weight on Meta-Quick last time.

2. To increase the effectiveness, stay away from the "creamies" while on Meta-Quick. You can technically have them, but it works better if you don't.

3. Finally, as much as I don't like it, they suggested a scoop of the Super Veggi or Super Fruit & Veggie. It helps keep you regular.

Last edited by JenB72; 08-01-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #8  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the MQ tips. Two shakes on metaquick help keep you full, too. Last time I did it, they didn't allow that, and shortly after the bar at lunch, I was ravenous.

I'm going on a weekend trip in a few days where I will go off some, so I think I'll just re-evaluate when I get back and possibly do metaquick after that. Even if the cheat this weekend makes me gain, hopefully it will shake my body up a bit so I can start losing again once I'm back OP.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 1.75" (that 3/4 inch is important!)

Aloha ladies! I started pre-conditioning today and am feeling very hopeful. I spent a week looking through all of the posts and doing research so I feel well educated. I'm game for setting a mini goal for August. Since I'm just starting (for the 2nd time) and not sure how my body will respond this go around, I'll set a 2lb a week goal and go for 8 lbs - 178lb by end of month.

Candi, congrats on your journey thus far! And I hope you get some big bucks for your "big" clothes.

Good luck ladies!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #10  
Started July 1, 2011

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the suggestions on how to prepare the turkey breast to retain moisture and have some level of savory taste. I'm going to look for the seasonings and the lower sodium chicken broth before I purchase one.

patzi - I like the Walden Farm's caramel dip and the chocolate dip. I'm not wild about the grape jelly at all and the barbecue sauce and salad dressings take some getting used to. You really take things in perspective in regards to your weigh-ins, I hope I have the same attitude one day.

Candi - I've had a "rizen" before and they are PAINFUL...can't imagine the pain you were going through (especially because of the sensitive area), but happy to hear that it was taken care of. Congrats on your weight loss in spite of and on moving down in clothes sizes - which I know is so exciting!

Junie04 - good luck with switching things up and going back to the other menus to help you get those last stubborn pounds off.

tkdtara84 - thanks for the suggestions on the replacement bars. I have to find out for which meals I can have them, but will definitely try the caramel peanut as I miss my desserts, but not as much as I thought I would. Congrats on your loss!

brandy8188 - congrats on your loss!

haggis - welcome! This board has been one of my lifesavers while following the MRC plan. Lots of advice and plenty of support.

RaRaF - Congrats on signing the -30 lbs board and on your daughter being chosen for the team. Stay strong in face of the fair temptations!

victorialynn2 - happy to hear that the water weight is gone.

JenB72 - whoo hoo!!!! So happy that you stuck with it and broke through - your scale is once again moving in the right direction. That's perseverance. I don't know if I would have had the peace of mind to stick with it like that. I'm working on changing my attitude and perspectives so that when I do hit a stall, I don't become frustrated and give up like in the past.

ConnieInColorado - congrats on your AWESOME loss! Slipping into your size 10 - I'm envious!

momoffour - you will prove your doctor wrong, I'm sure of it! I don't live alone and certainly wish we didn't have temptation foods in the house.

I haven't been able to respond or post in a couple of days - had a busy weekend. Friday I went to weigh-in and managed to get rid of that 3.5 lbs from last Tuesday and an extra lb - so technically I lost 1 lb last week, but I'm okay with that - especially after facing that fictitious gain. Saturday and Sunday were hectic - I had a family gathering on Saturday and a ball game, so my eating times and choices were off. I honestly did the best I could and much better than I would have in the past. My mom made homemade banana pudding - which is one of my all-time favorites - and I didn't have a bite, lick, or taste. Sunday my family went to a water park about 2 hours away from home and my daughter enjoyed the kiddie section so much! The heat I endured was well worth it! I ate on program food that I'd packed in the cooler, just not at the "right" time and in the "right" combination. Today is a new day and I'm back on track. I just haven't had a chance to walk since Friday. So, I still have time to get my walk in this evening...I just hope it has finally cooled down outside!

I head back to work tomorrow (WAH!!!! LOL) and like brandy8188 said, the in-service days will present a challenge. I know my co-workers/friends will want to go out for lunch, so I'm going to make the best choices possible - mostly everywhere has a chicken salad of some sort. I'll take fruit and my snacks to help me get through the day. I weigh-in tomorrow after work and will be forgiving of myself considering the food I've this weekend.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Last edited by luvs2read79; 08-01-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:45 AM   #11  
Started Precon 6-20-11

S/C/G: 196/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I think a mini goal is a great idea. I'm going to try and get under 170 by month end. I'm at 182, so that is 12 lbs. Great idea JenB!

Loves2Read, while heading back to work is a bummer on the one side, at least you will be back to your routine, and for me, weekends are much harder then work days. Hopefully it will help your diet.

I hope everyone has a great month!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #12  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Talking Gettin' Jiggy with it!

Just signed the 70lb board!!!

Here I come 80lbs! I'm so on right now! I was a little nervous - hoping for that 2lbs and I hit it right on the nose! The consultant asked how long it had been since I had been at this weight. I told her I weighed around 250 when I graduated high school in 1992.

I'm so excited I've ran out of things to say.. and that's rare!

I'm off to change my tickers! Oh - and change my avatar.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbackcandi View Post
Just signed the 70lb board!!!

Here I come 80lbs! I'm so on right now! I was a little nervous - hoping for that 2lbs and I hit it right on the nose! The consultant asked how long it had been since I had been at this weight. I told her I weighed around 250 when I graduated high school in 1992.

I'm so excited I've ran out of things to say.. and that's rare!

I'm off to change my tickers! Oh - and change my avatar.
I am soooo excited for you! You look amazing!!!! I would love to see a collage of all your board signings. Super awesome!!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 179.5/164.2/125

Height: 5'4"

Jenb
Great Idea on the Mini Monthly Goal!!
I like it!!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #15  

Something I forgot to add about the Meta-Quick plan is that they have revised what you can eat at dinner.

Protein
You can now eat Buffalo/Bison, any white flakey fish, in addition to Chicken Breast, Turkey Breast, and White Albacore Tuna. You can sub up to twice a week Sirloin or Pork Tenderloin.

Vegetable
All the same

Starch
You can now only eat 1 slice 40 cal bread or 1 serving of 40 cal Melba Toast.

Items removed are: 1/4 cup cooked legumes (black beans, garbanzo beans, pinto, kidney beans, navy beans, green peas, black eyed peas), 1/2 corn tortilla, 1/2 flour tortilla.
Closed Thread