Old 03-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #1  
Yes I can!

S/C/G: 203/193/165

Height: 5'11''

Question How do you like the new point system?

Hello
I've been doing the WW points system for a while and I got their new point system and it seems like everything I really like to eat went up. It lloks like they made anything with a lot of carbs a high point food.
I was wondering if this new way of counting points really works. I know the fruits are all free too.

Did it make dieting (or changing to a healthier eating lifestyle) easier for you?

I am still doing the old points cause they worked when I took it seriously.
I am struggling a lot with sticking to a plan if you know what I mean. My motivation is lacking and my emotions run the show.
Thanks for any opinions.
Good Luck in your journeys!
adaminu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/210/165

Height: 5'11

I love the new point system, it really works for me. There are alot of foods that went up in points since the new system takes into account fibre, fat, carbs and protein. I love that I can now enjoy a banana without worry of using points. I think you will find success with the new points. People at my meetings love it too and are being really succesful with it. Good luck!!!
Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #3  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

I love the new program, and I believe that I will be able to use it everyday. It's more sustainable.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #4  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

I love it and have no doubt that I will be able to keep up with it for the rest of my life. I, too, love that fruit is free. I was always bad about not eating enough fruit before because it would use points, but not anymore!

Plus, while the food points went up, so did the daily points and the weeklies.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #5  
Geek

S/C/G: see ticker

Are all fruits now 0 points??
I ask because I am working a lot off the old system, but I also have a calculator for the new system, which I like because it lets me know which things are healthier. I have been counting my fruit but I eat a lot of it so if it's free I'd love to stop counting it!
Phae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phae View Post
I ask because I am working a lot off the old system, but I also have a calculator for the new system, which I like because it lets me know which things are healthier. I have been counting my fruit but I eat a lot of it so if it's free I'd love to stop counting it!
You can't combine plans. So if you are doing the new system, they are zero points (eaten to satisfaction, not as a free for all), if you are doing the old system, they have points.

But again, you need to pick the old or new plan, combining won't work.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #7  
Wishful shrinking

S/C/G: 266/235/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phae View Post
You definately do not want to start combining the 2 programs. You have to chose one or the other. But yes, on the new program, all fruit is free. Within reason of course.
barbaramatafeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 296/292/146

Height: 5'7

I've lost 10 pounds in 4 weeks on Points Plus, so it's working well for me. I've noticed that on days that I include processed foods, I'm right at the DPA, but if I eat lean protein, fruits, vegetables and whole grains (without slathering them with butter) I'm often about 2 points under, and not at all hungry.
Mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #9  
Yes I can!

S/C/G: 203/193/165

Height: 5'11''

Thanks a lot! I am happy that it looks like it works for a lot of people. i think I will give the new system a try!
Have a great week you all!
adaminu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #10  
Geek

S/C/G: see ticker

Thanks for the advice, I am not combining systems anymore. I have completely moved on to PointsPlus. I joined WWO and now have the calculator on there and on my phone. Wish me luck!
Phae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 296/292/146

Height: 5'7

Good luck!
Mollie is offline   Reply With Quote