Old 12-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #1  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Default How do you like the new WW plan?

Hello everyone,

How do you like the new WW plan? For years I went on and off WW, would be successful for a time but then stall and quit. I think that I have figured out my problem. I ate every point allowed and it was just more points than I needed.

Anyway, I am at a point in my weight loss where I feel like I need to shake things up. I am considering trying WW again but am curious about the new plan.

How do you like it? Are you losing?

Thank you!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I love the new plan, it makes sense. That being said, with the additional fruit (if you are liberal) and all the points you have, the loss will be slow. I just swithced from MRC and I can see the going will be slow. I switched because i wanted to add a intense cardio workout and the other plan did not allow for that. I think if you follow this plan and use some common sense where the fruit comes in it is a great plan. Best to you!
Sherral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I love it!

It is nudging me to eat way more veggies than normal, I don't eat a ton of fruit... And I'm not hungry.

I'm checking points against calories for a bit, just to see, and so far I'm eating about 300-400 calories a day less than I did just Counting Calories. But, I'm not hungrier and am eating mostly what I was eating before, with just small tweaks.

I feel great and have lost 2 pounds so far this week.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #4  

I just started it, because I need a change-up as well. Went online. I am cautiously optimistic. I will report back after my first week.
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

Love the new plan,have lost 3.6 pounds my first week.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I'm loving the new plan as well! I've been on it since the switch and I love how I feel that I get more food, I'm not hungry and I'm enjoying the fruit. I'm not a fruit eater but a couple times a week I'll have something to tide me over until dinner.. nothing drastic but it's nice to know the fruit is there if I ever need them good luck to you!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

I love it. On the old plan, I excused a lot of foods I knew weren't great for me because they were only 1 or 2 points. Now that those foods have gone up in points and I'm looking further beyond calories on the food labels, I find myself making better decisions.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

I like it too. It is just getting used to learning all the new points, so planning my week takes much longer than it used to. I actually still count fruit since I eat A LOT of it. I didn't count it the first week and I gained 1 pound. I usually eat around 400 calories of fruit a day, so it is important that I still count it.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #9  
Less of a Better Me

I think it is a much better plan than Points. I've done WW a long time and still have fondness for exchanges from way back when. That said, this plan is so much better than the "old" Points plan. To be blunt, the only advantage the "old" plan has is that junk food counted lower on that plan than this plan.

I find that I am not hungry at all. I'm choosing not to use very many of my weekly points (I used none last week, this week so far I've used 1). I'm not a big fruit eater but it is nice to have that option which I have used some.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #10  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks, everyone!

I think that in January I will join with the big first of the year crowd. I believe that the support and structure of weekly weigh-ins will help. I think that I will count fruit because I like to eat a lot of fruit. There is a meeting at my local county wellness center. The center also has a step aerobics class that just happens to meet right after WW. Hopefully the kick start will get me losing again.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
Thanks, everyone!

I think that in January I will join with the big first of the year crowd. I believe that the support and structure of weekly weigh-ins will help. I think that I will count fruit because I like to eat a lot of fruit. There is a meeting at my local county wellness center. The center also has a step aerobics class that just happens to meet right after WW. Hopefully the kick start will get me losing again.
The plan is set up so that fruit isn't counted. There are Good Health Guidelines - meaning you need 3 healthy oils (1 tsp each) and 2-3 dairy servings per day, fruits are not counted but under the guidelines you should eat a reasonable amount, until satisfied. If you count your fruits in your Daily Points you won't be using enough daily points to get your required protein and things nutrients in.

Trust the process. Trust the system. And why wait for the New Year? Wouldn't it be awesome to have 2 weeks under your belt by then?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Hey Seagirl. I do count 1 or 2 points for a serving of fruit. I have to, because I eat a lot of it. 400 - 700 calories of fruit a day in fact! I have to count it, otherwise my calorie intake is too high for one day. I trust the plan, but also know my body. I've been on WW for a year and have been very successful so far.

ETA: I'm not saying that everyone, or anyone else should count fruit. I just have to, it is what works for me personally.

Last edited by Shytowngal; 12-13-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: clarification
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:03 AM   #13  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

I've only been on the new plan for five days, but I'm liking it so far. The thing I like about it is that fruit is free in points. I also like that it forces you to eat much healthier with less carbs and more protein. The new WW program looks at carbs, protein, fiber and fat which really makes sense overall.

The first few days I was a bit upset that a lot of what I like to eat went up a few points, but you also get more points with a minimum of 29 daily points, and 49 extra weekly flex points. The whole old momentum point values went out the window for a lot of food. I also like that the activity points values have went up. I like that I can earn those extra points depending on the time/ intensity of the exercise. It'll be interesting to see if scale moves this week, but I think it'll take a few weeks to get accustomed to the new program and how much point value for each food.

I do agree that the meetings are crucial for support. I also like weighing in weekly and do not weigh myself at home. Best of luck with rejoining weight watchers, time2lose.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

jojo, I don't get why people that have been on this program feel it's so much better. I don't understand what you were eating before to make this any better, when they say, *you make better choices* where?
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
jojo, I don't get why people that have been on this program feel it's so much better. I don't understand what you were eating before to make this any better, when they say, *you make better choices* where?
I just find myself eating less snacky crap like 100cal packs, fiberplus bars and vitatops that were low points on the old plan but not really good for you.

Last edited by Aclai4067; 12-14-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote