S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Default Week of July 19 Chat

Hello everyone! Let's get it started!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #2  

Quick, quick check in for me. Been so busy getting ready to start the loan process for the house I am buying. I have SO much to do. This will get it started today at the bank.

Spent lots of time with my boys over my long weekend. It always flies by. Went to the water park and watched some movies. Cleaned younger son's room, purged some things from there. I am going to have lots of stuff and have thought about having a garage sale, just not sure I have time to do that or if I really want to bother. It is so hot!! I'll make that decision soon.

Been doing okay with eating. Had alot of off plan items over the weekend (including cotton candy and DOUBLE STUFF Oreos......the Oreos have proven to be a problem food for me in the past), but tried to catch up on the healthy with grilled fish, rice and salad yesterday. The boys enjoyed it and so did I! We are celebrating my younger son's b-day (actual day is Thurs. but he is with his Dad that day) since older son is off work this evening. That will entail a dinner out (plan to eat on plan with maybe a bit of added bread if offered) and then b-day cake and ice cream. I baked us a small cake and plan to have a little piece....not sure on the ice cream. I can usually refuse ice cream w/o feeling cheated. It isn't a biggie for me.

Am going to try to check in here often and stay on plan throughout all of the stress of the coming month. I am thankful to have a place to do just that!

Have a healthy day everyone!
Old 07-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #3  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Annie - My thoughts go out to you. Home buying is very stressful. I remember that I busted my butt only to have the deal go through. I rarely cry, but that day I cried like a baby. And I decided not to try to buy a house until I had better credit. Which may take 10 years Good luck.

Today, I am making a sincere attempt to quit smoking. I'm going to couple my quit attempt with healthy eating and daily exercise. Exercise helped me quit in February. I'm going to run/walk/bike 30+ minutes each day. No excuses.

I'm saying this to you so that I am held accountable. I have not had a cigarette today & I feel less depressed than I have. I have hope that I can do this.

Have a good day, everyone.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #4  

Chickie-YOU CAN DO IT!!! You are an inspiration since my next project after getting to goal will be to quit smoking, too. Never know, I just might do it before I reach goal...
Old 07-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #5  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for getting us started Annie! Saying prayers that the house buying process goes smoothly : )

You can do it MC - we believe in you!

I picked up a trojan virus on my netbook so it's going to be hard for me to get online for the next week or so - going to have a 4 day weekend as well : ) Looks like I may have lost 1 lb (shhhh, whispering so I don't scare the loss away!) Will move my ticker after I've seen it 3 times!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday everyone!
Annie--good luck with the house stuff. It certainly is stressful. Hope it all works out for you!
Chickie--you can do it! you can do it! you can do it!
Kathi--(whispering so I don't scare it away either) Bummer about the virus. I just don't get the mindset of those who want to hurt others. Good news about the loss. Keep up the hard work!

Haven't done so well today. I'm stressing about major dental work I have to have done. Went in for the impressions today and stopped at the store for lunch afterwards. Still don't know how those double-stuff cookies got into my basket! Annie, we seem to have a lot in common on that one! However, I am within 1 pound of my pre-vacation weight, so I didn't do too bad.

Tomorrow is a new day!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #7  
Caroline

I did it. I managed to go more than 24 hours without smoking. I ate right, walked a lot, and went to bed early. Then I got up early this morning, ran 3 miles, and biked to work. I feel like a new person.

It's amazing how quickly I gained weight once I started smoking and binge eating again. Once I started smoking I stopped caring about healthy eating and exercise. I weighed 127 pounds one month ago. And I packed on the pounds in record time. But I finally bit the bullet and readjusted my ticker. I hope to be back under 130 soon.

I'm feeling optimistic today. I think the smoking was making me feel depressed. Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #8  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone, been busy catching up on things & just haven't been on the computer much. Seems like I can live without a computer when the weather is nice but when the weather turns cold I have my butt in the recliner playing on the computer non-stop it seems. Weight is still the same, I am beginning to really dislike the number 191. I haven't gained anything but I can't complain because to be honest I have done absolutely nothing to lose weight either. Haven't been to the gym & sure haven't planned out meals, so that is on my list of things to start doing again.

Annie - I hope the house stuff goes real smoothly, when I bought my current house now it was so much easier then the previous time.

Caroline - you can do it!

Kathi - Yay!!! - Cheering for you but not yelling yay because I don't want to scare it away either.

Moondance - Sorry about the stress, I hate having dental work done, hang in there.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:56 PM   #9  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

I'm On A Boat, just curious, when you say "when the weather turns cold" what temp. are you talking about? Can't help but notice you live in FL, and it's July. In any case, congrats on holding your own with the weight thing.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:58 AM   #10  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Neurodoc - I was mainly just reflecting that I have realized that my computer use has decreased drastically since the weather has been nice (or extremely hot as some seem to think).

I live in North Florida, so it isn't the same as when everyone thinks of sunny Florida & Miami. I am so miserably cold when it starts getting below 70degrees though, I am such a wimp. I can survive the 60 & 70 degree temps but anything much lower than that & I do not function well at all. We normally have temps get as low as the teens or 20's several days a year during Winter & have had snow more than once since I have lived in North Florida. I am just hoping we don't have any more Winters like this past year, we had 3 straight weeks with the temperatures staying between 14 degrees & 22 degrees & it snowed at my house 3 different times during the 3 week period, and it is a wet, miserable cold.
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Well, this board sure is quiet!!!

Happy Hump day!
Didn't do so well yesterday. I'm so swamped at work having been out for 2 weeks and can't seem to catch up. Of course my response to the stress is to eat. I'm trying to be aware of my behavior and responses and make positive changes. It's the best I can do right now. And may I just add "curse you Double-Stuff Oreos!"

MC--WTG on the 24 hours. I hope you've been able to successfully add to it!!! I know it's not easy, so really savor and enjoy each accomplishment.

IOABoat--Hang in there. It makes sense that your body is going to plateau once in awhile. Don't give up and don't give in.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:25 PM   #12  

Moondance-I join you in cursing the Double Stuffs!

Sorry I've been sporadic in posting, everyone. Have so much going on with the house buying, etc. I am trying not to let the stress send me into an unhealthy spree of eating. So far I'm doing okay. I hope to see a 156 back on the scale in the morning or on Fri. morning. This stress and such will be a real test for me.....to see if I have really permanently changed my lifestyle and eating. I plan to pass that test, too.

Contemplating getting rid of all of my fat clothes. Don't want them around "just in case". I don't plan to ever wear them again! I've got so much to get rid of before we move, that would be a great place to start, don't you all think?

I will check in as I am able. Love to all!!
Old 07-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #13  
Caroline

Annie - I think donating your bigger clothes is a good way to winnow down your belongings. I gave away some of my clothes about a month ago. It felt great. When I recently put 5 pounds back on, it motivated me to get back to losing. The last thing I want to do is buy larger clothes.

It was good to see 129.5 on the scale this morning and I am back on track. I have been off plan for about 6 weeks and I can tell the difference in how I look and my fitness level. This morning I only ran 1 mile, but I am going to call that a success.

Tonight I'm going to a social event at a local bar. I'm nervous about it b/c a social group I broke away from will be there. I'm sure they'll be nice, but I'm afraid of their reaction to my weight loss. I'd rather people not draw attention to it, especially because a guy I want to impress will be there. He has no idea that I was ever overweight. And I'd rather he not know.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #14  

HI all! Was so glad to see a 156 back on the scale this morning. Those weekend diversions didn't cause any permanent damage!

Chickie-Hope you had a good time last night and that there was no drama!

Been working on getting insurance lined up for the new house and playing phone tag with my realtor to discuss the inspection findings. I am going out to fiance's this weekend, but after that I have got to get to work on culling lots of things from the current house. Cannot take it all with me!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!
Old 07-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #15  
Caroline

Annie - Hope you hear good things from the inspection. It can be a shock to hear about how much money you'll need to spend on repairs. But no house is going to be perfect.

As for last night, none of the drama I expected. The people I thought were going weren't there so I was a total stranger to everybody and I met a bunch of people. I drank beer on an empty stomach, which was a mistake. I ended up scarfing down junk food at midnight as "dinner." I was so mad at myself this morning. I'm going to abstain from alcohol for awhile until the eating is back in check. I didn't smoke last night, which was a huge accomplishment.

As for the guy, I don't think this is going anywhere. He's fun, but it felt platonic. Pretty much I hung out with his friends while he kept disappearing. A couple of his friends were cute- maybe I can do a switch.