Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 08:42 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week Of July 30 Chat--newbies Welcome!!

Good Morning!!!
Hello to all in this thread..Not able to recall names but welcome to all the new "faces".
Ryanzgurl--Welcome-Are U on any medicine for the PCOS???

Stevi--your pics are great!! Congrats on the weight loss..Since starting that medicine for IR, I have lost 16 lbs in 7 weeks..It is definately worth those 2 little needle sticks a day!! I feel much better..

Congrat to all the Losers!!!
Ok..time for coffee..
Have a great day all and keep cool!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 07-30-2006 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:53 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Welcome Ryansgurl!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!! Keep Cool!!!
Old 07-30-2006, 02:05 PM   #3  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

morning everyone
Old 07-30-2006, 08:38 PM   #4  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Ryanzgurl! I LOVE you aka name!! I'm a HUGE "Friends" fan and just love Phoebe!
Old 07-30-2006, 09:35 PM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone!

NAK, so very short. Hard to type one handed.

WELCOME to the newbies! We are glad to have you here.

We were really busy doing a lot of not much! We went to the park for a picnic on Sat and back today so Alex could ride his Jeep on the paths. Tonight we went to a balloon fest to watch the lift-off. It was pretty cool to watch, but it was friggin hot outside. I felt like I was roasting.

Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend!
Old 07-31-2006, 03:38 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!!

Welcome Ryanzgurl!!

Stevi, the pictures look great and you look as beautiful as ever!! 1.8 pounds a week is awesome!! I've only lost about 5 pounds in the last four weeks total, but I'm hoping that tuesday's weigh in will bring that up a bit...I was up the first week, then lost 1.2 pounds at my first weigh in at WW's, then lost 2.2 the first week, then 2.4 the next week, then up 1.2 the next week, sigh. I'd be so happy if I could average 1.8 pounds a week, but I'm hanging in there and hoping Tuesday is a big loss and gets me out of the 60's!!

Karen, I love watching the Hot Air Balloon's take off, it's so pretty when they do them when it is dark outside!!

I worked a double shift Saturday and was sooo tired by the end of it, today I slept in, then took the kids to see Monster House once they got home from their Dad's. They liked it but it was a bit scary for the little ones. It's cooled down here finally, hope the rest of you get a cool spell to help with the heat. We need rain here, the wildfires are becoming a real problem.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:34 AM   #7  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!! Ok Melody--U were posting and I was probably just waking up Congrats on the loss and the WI today..Keep cool!! THis has been one hot summer

We have the balloon festival next weekend and the circus..DH doesnt know it but we will be there before 6:30 AM and then on to the circus.. I know how much he loves "my weekend planning."Spent all day long looking for SD a new bedroom set..She pouted and cried and fussed because she wanted way too much for her bedroom size..It was amazing to watch someone grump around after DH wrote a check for $900 for just a mattress set and then $125 for volleyball camp and then $118 for school pants(2 pair) and $75 for a tv table etc etc and then never say thanks but just about I want a sofa by my window and nothing is right and the printer for my computer U paid $110 for is to big and I cant stand....blah blah blah...This year, I "adopted" a needy family and bought their school things and they appreciated whatever.. Why are some kids soooooo selfish????

Ok..hello to all..Have a great cool day!!!
I did bring my van in for an oil change/tire rotation yesterday and they discovered 2 tires right on the verge of blowing out..The middle part was sticking out of a cut on one..I was soo grateful for the "divine intervention" that told me to get an oil change early..esp since we are driving a little distance to see the Wiggles this week...
RR
Old 07-31-2006, 10:49 AM   #8  
LBH

Hi All,

RR, thank goodness they found the problem! $118. for 2 pairs of school pants? Are those uniforms? Still...ACK!! Another reason to be happy for boys...hopefully they'll be happy with whatever we buy!

Mel, Glad it's cooled down for you...think the west coast heat wave has headed east, because it's supposed to be (or feel?) like 100 today and 105 tomorrow!!

Karen, my mom wanted to take my grandparents to the balloon fest, but then she thought about the heat, the walking, etc. and scratched it!

Have a great day all!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:49 AM   #9  
Former Frump

S/C/G: 205/175/149

Height: 5'5"

Smile weekend accomplishment...

Managed to run 2 miles on Saturday night without keeling over, so that is a great thing!

Did my weigh-in yesterday, down 3.5 lbs in last two weeks... not as much as I had hoped for, but still not bad!

I won't complain about weather, we're in the mid-upper 70's where I am, even got some rain over the weekend. Stay cool everyone!!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:50 AM   #10  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies,
Talk about a crappy way to wake up....Our association hired an outside tree seervice to trim the really tall palms and they started hackin' away @ 7am...no notice, no can you please move your car so we don't damage it..The clincher is they just up and moved my ENTIRE SATALITE DISH across the yard, thats gonna cost a $75 service fee for them to come out and re-calabrate it. I am soooo gonna yell. This is stupid. I slept horrible last night, maybe 2 hours, I think its cuz I was so active...too much adrenaline. I got to walk/jog 4.5 miles, did all the laundry (Logan had a wee wee accident on the bedding with daddy), washed my car, & generally cleaned the house. I was gonna strive for longer running distances today but who knows now with no sleep. ARRGGgGg!
RR~ Thank goodness for your pre-acting! Phew! DS#1 can be a PITA like that but he tends to be more greedy than ungrateful! Alwasy tryin" to push just a lil more...He appreciates what he has as long as I remind him periodically how fast I can take it all away! DH gets annoyed with me cuz he is very spoiled. He was my one and only for a very long time.
Lauren~ Just wait!!! $120 Dr.Martins, $55 pants, & every $15 rock/punk Tee known to man is no better. With boys it just depends on the boy. Hopefully yours are be low maintenance.
Mel~ Its all make-up!! My weekly loss is only an average. My pattern is to lose very little or nothing (sometimes for weeks!) and then drop 3-4 lbs a week (one week was 6lbs!) for a bit and then start over. Have you figured out what caused your gain? Good Ju Ju for your weigh in!
Old 07-31-2006, 12:01 PM   #11  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

good morning all
well i had an ok weekend it was uneventful to say the least but i did get my living room in order finally it only took me 3 months but hey it looks great now me and my youngst DS hung out for most the weekend then i was just plain lazy. i eat good i was just relaxing this weekend my husband leaves for los angeles wed he'll be gone all night ............. I cant remember the last time i slept without him, oh well its only one night but im probably not gonna get much sleep
well i'll check in later
Stevi i loved the pics

welcome new ones
to all the others have a good one
Old 07-31-2006, 02:28 PM   #12  
LBH

Stevi, I think at this point, my problem may be the cost of sports gear! The size my boys are, Football will probably be their game!
Old 07-31-2006, 02:36 PM   #13  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Default I can't keep up...

Goodness~~I take a few days off and when I come back, I'm lost!!

Welcome to all the newbies! I was a newbie not too long ago (in fact, I guess I still am...what progresses one to the next level anyway?)

Oh well----
Been really busy. Family reunion this last weekend (my family) and my BIL is getting married this coming weekend (his family). Lots of stress. DH doesn't care for the bride and MIL is having issues with the bride's family.....so you can imagine all the stress. I'm just gonna put my pretty dress on (1 size smaller YEAH ) and smile and KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT. Not my issues! All my kids will be involved (all four), so I had to get suits for my boyz and a pretty dress for my girl. WOW--that was expensive! And to think, they probably won't fit in a few months either!

Having a bit of trouble with the DH, too. He's extremely overweight, just diagnosed with pre-diabetes and is still in denial. I know it's not necessarily MY problem...but it IS. I'm the one who would be left alone after his heart attack (God forbid!) or anything of that sort. He's got a really bad genetic background (FIL has had NUMEROUS heart attacks and strokes and is a double-amputee (sp?) from diabetes). You'd think my DH would understand how grave the situation is! But NO....he's invincible. How do you encourage [but not enable] changes? Ultimately, if he doesn't see it as a problem, nothing will change. He talks and talks about it---blah blah blah---but until HE makes up his mind... well you know...... UGH!

Okay -that's all for now. Sorry to vent. Gotta get back to work.

check in later--- Fit
Old 07-31-2006, 04:09 PM   #14  
LBH

Fit, do you do all the cooking at home? If so, maybe you can just start cooking healthier things for him? Mabye suggest an evening walk together? Take a deep breath and enjoy the weekend!
Old 07-31-2006, 04:11 PM   #15  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

FIT~~ my DH has the same problem he was told his liver was bad i mean very bad he's not on meds or anything but my life insurance company turned him down, (thats bad) anyways he's got the body of a god solid muscle great heath never sick so there fore when HIS doctor said your liver is bad and we'll watch it, he was like ok but still in denial men they need to relize they are hurting us as well
Closed Thread