Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-19-2010, 06:48 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Binge-free challenge ~ Apr. 19 - 25

Hi everyone!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Let's have an awesome week!!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

Good monday morning !!! Well, one thing I will not forget soon is what an awesome weekend I had!! It was a friends 40th and a total blowout party! I ate, drank and was very very merry! What I didnt do was binge! Even with that much alcohol (i.e. no self control left!) I managed to only eat a couple marshmellows dipped in chocolate fondue ...and Sunday I stayed on plan (which was super hard since I was over calorie with the drinking and wanted to just keep eating and eating on Sunday to make up for it and the lack of sleep)

Way more than 100 days now for me! Lets rock this week... keep it positive and keep proud!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

I'm in ladies. Feeling a bit like crap this morning though. I ate a ton of food yesterday at the bridal shower but so did everyone else, it wasn't a binge for me. But I woke up with the skin over my stomach literally hurting to the touch which means I really did over do it. At least I'm excited to get back on track today. I'll probably just make today my day 1 when i get through it. Everyone have a great day!

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #4  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good Morning Chickies,

I made it through day 14 of no binging. I didn't do as good with my food choices but I didn't binge. Today I am back to tracking my pts.
Yep Happytobemom let's rock this week We can do it!!!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

BAH! I had a bad weekend, starting fresh today at day 1 (you and me, duqserb!)

Another part of binging that I don't like is that lack of structure. When I'm eating healthy, there's a structure to my day in food, I eat when I'm hungry, and I do other things when I'm not eating. When I'm in binge mood, I'm always eating, there's not structure to it, and I always feel like crap. I just ruins the day!

I think it's so important for me to let myself get hungry! Not ravenously so, just mildly, and then I eat. Otherwise, my body, my stomach just feel stale.

happytobe--over 100 days! That's amazing, I'm totally blown away by you.

Gettinfit-day 14 is awesome. I feel that it's a real victory to not give it all in when you make a somewhat not so great food choice. You're defeating that all or nothing attidute, which is so healthy!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

Working on Day 3.

Sorry to hear about the binge, Paris. Don't let this small slip get you down.
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

It's Day 70!!

Happytobe, I'm so happy for you that you're over 100 days. My role model!

Lata, congrats on day 3!

Paris, I'm rooting for you! You will do great today!

Gettinfit, congrats on day 14!

duqs, I know you'll do great today!

Wardhog, thanks for starting this thread!

Have a great day, Everyone!

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Day 26. And I feel much better this week...don't have that "fat" feeling that I had all last week. This is also the last week of the semester for me, which means a little stress, a lot of work, and a few tests. Ick. Can it just be over already? Haha.

Happytobe....you are such an inspiration!!!

D -- I think you've got a great attitude, hope your Day 1 goes well!

GettinFit -- Two weeks binge-free?! Great job!!!!

Paris -- I totally understand about hating the lack of structure. I am the same way! When I binge, I'm eating constantly and I don't know when to stop cause I'm never hungry but at the same time feeling like I'm never NOT hungry. When I'm eating normally, I have a schedule, feel my hunger and respond appropriately. And I like that so much better! Just another confusing aspect about engaging in binge behavior. Why do it when we hate the lack of structure?

Lata -- You can make it through Day 3! You're a strong chickie!

Tyla -- DAY 70!!!! Amazing! Congrats!

Have a good week everyone!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

i love that we are all so strong for each other, positive and working towards the same goals! it is encouraging too that no matter how many days we are at, it is okay to be here, get support and get help! there are days, hours and moments when it is wicked hard to keep it together... it would be soooo easy to give in...

lets keep it together, together! ha ha ha...
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

I've had a terrible past 10 days or so
Total binging.

I'm up for the challenge to see if I can't get through 1 whole week without clearing out everything in sight.

Last edited by susiemartin; 04-19-2010 at 12:14 PM.
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

hey ladies!

Sorry I was MIA during the end of the last challenge, we are doing our hardwood floors and internet has been hard to get. I can say with great confidence I'm on day 29! Almost day 30! No urges to binge, I went to my parents for dinner for my sister's and mom's birthday and I only had 2 glasses of wine and stopped. I found my trigger foods and my problem all these years...eating out! eating fast food! well that's what has helped is stopping that.

So I have 2 more weeks left of school and I graduate May 7th! I'm soooo happy to be finally done! I just have to do really well on my finals so I don't screw up. That's been causing alot of stress for me.

So my goals:

1. make it through another challenge
2. no eating out for the week.
3. study really hard for my finals
4. Graduate!

Happytobe: nice job on the party and staying in control! I'm so proud of you over 100 days!

duqserb: Day 1 you can do it!

GettinFit: wahooo 2 weeks binge free! I'm so happy for you! Nice job getting back on track with pts.

paris81: You can get through Day 1, it's a fresh start!

LataJones: Nice job on Day 3! let's keep it up

tyla: Day 70 yowza! I hope to get there on day..keep up the good work!

foxy: you and me getting to day 30! we can do it this week...we got this!

susiemartin: We are all here to help you this week, one day at a time. You will make it

I wish everyone a wonderful binge free day! Lets do it this
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Welcome, Susie! Best of luck to you today!

Foxxy, Congrats to you! Day 26! By the way, thank you for the kudos.

jdonato, I'm glad you're back! Congrats to you...almost day 30!

We can do this together.

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 04-19-2010 at 02:20 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #13  

Height: 4'11"

I am sick. I feel like bingeing really badly but I know it won't actually make my throat or chest feel any better... SO I will eat whatever I feel like (seriously craving peanut butter and bananna sandwiches) so that means I probably need the calories.
I will eat what I want, and not binge. Not making myself sick.
Day 19 today. I really wanna make it!!!!
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/177/165lb (97/80.5/75kg)

Height: 5'7" (170cm)

I'm up to 8 days and feeling gooooooooooooooood Hadn't lost any weight today when I weighed myself at the pool, but I can't really complain because I haven't counted calories or really dieted, just eaten healthier foods and in a more balanced way...

Anyway hope you're all doing ok! xx
rainbow84uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

so i was craving chocolate today, and I was talking to the bf, he said since my weight has been steady and i've been healthy I should get myself some candy. So I went to the store, got a lil bag of whoppers, the bag has 1 serving...which was 230 calories...yes i have enough calories to eat it but after eating it....i feel like crap! my stomach is upset. No more candy like that. It's hard to find candy that has a lil amount to enjoy and low in calorie. I'm regretting it now

Thanks Tyla

raven: hope you feel better...drinks lots of liquids!

rainbow: congrats on 8 days! Eating healthier is the first step keep it up!
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote