Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 12:36 AM   #1  

Default Team Strawberry: Chat Thread

Let's get the party started Team Strawberry!!

Our Banner:

***Banner Credit to: PammyFL

List of Team Members:
Lalique
fkd20
aware210
nicki_rose98
fatgirl_nomore
joyra
lynseylikes2lose
angelmae
preppingbride
layla316
leighish
lottie63
ForeverLove
Total members: 13

Team Leader: Lalique

Last edited by lalique; 02-28-2009 at 03:29 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/131.6/108

Height: 5'

yay!!
Old 02-28-2009, 01:39 AM   #3  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

woohoo! We are going to kick some serious bootay!
Old 02-28-2009, 03:31 AM   #4  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Hey Strawberries! Should we say who we are?

I'm Rachel, an American living in South Korea, age 27, work as an English teacher at an elementary school. I live with my boyfriend, who is also teaching.

I do calorie counting and my main form of exercise is my Wii. My goals are to do more strength training, do a greater variety of physical activities away from home (hiking, swimming, rock climbing, beach walking), and to COUNT MY CALORIES (that "shouting" was more for me than anyone else ).

Last BLC, I lost 5.5 lbs in 4 weeks. I forget how long this is but I'd like to lose at least .5 kg a week (1.1 lbs). I'm a very slow loser so a steady 1-lb-a-week loss would be a great improvement.

so... GO STRAWBERRIES!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:01 AM   #5  

Yay for introductions! Well I'm Lali, I'm 22 & live out in the land of cow pie's & tumbleweeds. I work 2 jobs, one full time (as a nurses aid) & one part time (as a paramedic). I have many other things I'm involved in on the side of work. I'm dating my wonderful boyfriend, we've been together for over 7 months now.

My weight issues go far back into my childhood. I've had countless diet attempts & failures. I have no trouble with motivation, but I have huge trouble with will-power. I also am having huge trouble with the exercising part of it. I just can't seem to get into the swing of it. I'm 5'2", and currently (as of this morning) 240lbs. My highest adult weight was 251, my lowest adult weight was around 210, my starting weight for this time was 245. I have several mini goals set, the one I'm working towards right now is reaching 217, at which point I will no longer be "morbidly obease". I'm also hoping to be 185 & somewhat in shape by summertime. My "plan" is basically to keep all "junk food" & "fast food" out of my mouth. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits/veggies a day. Drink at least 94oz of water each day. Log everything with thedailyplate.com, and of course, try to get at least 30 minutes a day of exercise. It works as long as I STICK TO IT! lol

I was a team leader for the last BLC, and ended up taking over the entire challenge when the original "head master" decided to leave about a quarter of the way through it. I really liked doing the challenge, and found huge support & motivation with it. Thats why I'm TOTALLY excited to have this challenge finally starting!!! (Believe me when I say, I've literally been crossing out the days on the calendar until this challenge starts)

I'm so excited to meet all of my new team mates!

Also, I've attached a smaller version of our team's banner... I think I'll probably do the same for each team since the banners are a bit on the big side (I didn't realize it until I got it in my siggy lol)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg teamstrawberry02.JPG (10.3 KB, 2648 views)

Last edited by lalique; 02-28-2009 at 04:12 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:57 AM   #6  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Height: 5'7"

Hey guys!!! I'm Nicole from Slidell, LA (just outside New Orleans). I'm 28 (29 in June) and a single mother of a beautiful 3 year old little girl. I was skinny and slender in high school and then I got married young...and you know the rest. My weight went up. Then I got pregnant years later and after I had Brianna I was suddenly skinny again (not sure how that happened) and instead of keeping it off I gained it right back. And more!!!! I tried countless times to start exercising or dieting and it never stuck. This year I made a New Year's resolution to lose weight. And started on 01.04.09. A friend of mine Tanee (Romance Diva) recommended this website. I'm not sure if I was suddenly really ready to lose the weight or if it was 3FC but since 01.04 I have lost 21 lbs and people are starting to notice!!

I feel great but there's still more to go. I'm super excited about this challenge and all the motivation I'm sure will come from it!!!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #7  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Heya, I'm 29, trying to get this weight off before I turn 30, I reached my first mini goal before my 14 anniv with my bf which we are celebrating this coming weekend. I look fab in my new outfit I'm gonna wear for it.

I've been dieting forever but hopefully this time it will stick. :P
Old 03-01-2009, 09:54 PM   #8  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Hi guys! I'm Ashleigh but someone somewhere started calling me Leighish and it just stuck! I'm 23 years old and I have a one year old son. I'm in 100% new territory at this stage in the game. Never in my adult life (from age 16 to now) have I ever been this small. Matter of fact, the last time I was a size 12 was probably as many years ago. I'm hoping this challenge will get my butt in gear to finally reach GOAL!!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:20 PM   #9  

How has everyone's first day of the challenge going??

I'm doing great today. Except for having a piece of lasagna when I got to work (ugh). I'm not letting that get me off track though! I've got all my food for the rest of the night prepared! (I work night shifts btw). I've made a chicken breast cut up into pieces with some seasoning to go with my salad. I also have a V8, some baby carrots, a peach, and some grapes to snack on throughout the night! I also brought a fat free pudding snack, but I'm not sure if I'll even eat it; might save it for tomorrow.

Don't forget to weigh in everybody!

Last edited by lalique; 03-01-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone I am Angel, I am 24 I have a 2 year son and I live with my SO. I have been over weight all of my life but in the past couple of years being a SAHM and being really lazy has made my weight go up and up!!

I want to get this weight off but have been in a bit of a snag for the past month or so. But I am going to get this weight off!! Hope to get to know everyone better!!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #11  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Height: 5'7"

WI 03.02.09: 195.5

Doing good so far for the month. Been staying OP and doing my cardio/strength. I have a good feeling!!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Hello everyone! I'm 26 years old and from Canada... and I'm counting on this challenge finally getting me to the goal of feeling good in my own skin. And of course I'd love to also look incredible for my wedding that is now only 4 months away and rock out a dozen or so bikini's for my 2 week honeymoon in St. Lucia too!

I'm SO excited to start because I had a great time in the first challenge (in Nov?) and found all of you ladies of 3FC to be a HUGE support... and I have even more motivation as of this morning because I've found that after a month of not looking at the scale, I have gained 10 (!!!) lbs since the last time I weighed. This is generally due to complete lack of willpower during stressful times and the fact that my treadmill had turned into a clothes hanger -- something I swore I would never let happen. boo.

This abominition to my weightloss endeavor has also tested and proven the fact that when I put the scale away to try to "free" myself from the numbers, it also "free"s myself from feeling any sense of responsibility for what goes in my mouth. well, live and learn eh?

The plan that I follow is basically 10+ cups of water a day, approx 1400 calories/day, and a balanced set of servings per food group using the Herbal Magic guide (Canadian company fairly similar to LA weightloss & the zone, I think). Now the big twist to this is the fact that I'm committing to 3+ days a week of exercise in addition to general physical activity each day of at least walking the dog. Considering I'm at a desk all day, this would be a huge improvement that I can count on contributing to my success. I'll be using C25K and 30 day shred as my main workouts with additional muscle work as I develop a program.

I look forward to getting to know all of you as the challenge goes on and getting to share in the excitement of everyone's successes!!! TEAM STRAWBERRY IS GOING TO ROCK THE SHIZNAT!! that's right, I said it.

btw, if anyone's interested in starting (or like me, re-starting) 30 day shred and/or C25K (couch to 5 km) then hop on board!

Last edited by prepping; 03-16-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:24 PM   #13  
Randi

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"ish

Hey Guys! My name is Randi, I'm 21, and currently am a student at Ohio University studying to be a chemical engineer. Right now I am doing an internship at a chemical plant in west virginia. When I'm not doing engineering I'm a mary kay sales consultant! So basically i live in a little pink bubble . It would be my dream job to be a professional makeup artist. But since I'm realistic and i also happen to love chemical engineering i do the next best thing by selling mary kay!! (so if anyone wants an online make over/make up advice/wants to buy anything, let me know ) but i'm not here to sell you stuff. I'm here bc the bl challenges are wonderful for motivation and being accountable! I look forward to kicking butt with you ladies!!!!
Have a wonderful monday!
Old 03-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

foreverlove, I did Mary Kay while I was in uni too! can't help but think that you're probably one of the few women in chemical engineering that are interested in makeup... or wear it for that matter. but that might just be a misconception on my part.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/131.6/108

Height: 5'

I'm Ashley, I'm 22 years old, and 150 lbs, which is very close to my highest weight of 158. I'm getting married at the end of August and am hoping to be around 110 pounds by then. Also going on a honey moon to the Mexican riviera and i am working hard on toning up so i look great in a bikini. So far weight loss has been really hard, it seems i have to eat under 300 calories and exercise very hard to even lose weight. But i am trying to do it without starving and its really hard. Unfortunately my metabolism is quite a bit messed up from a lot of fasting and restricting that i have done all my life. See my mother convinced me at a young age, around 11... that i was fat and needed to lose weight. i think i was around 4'10 and 100 lbs .. i have always had a big butt and thighs but at that age i was so athletic, i had a lot of muscle on me, and after i went through puberty, a lot of my weight evened out to my boobs lol. But anyways i have always thought i was fat, because someone or another has always told me i was, so i have always been dieting, and never in a healthy way. So here i am now, metabolism jacked up.. and 150 lbs of yuck. Hoping this challenge will help me get a jump start on this whole process, because lately I've been losing and gaining the same 3 pounds. My goal is to lose 2 pounds a week!

And its nice to meet all of you, i look forward to chatting more with you in the future!
Closed Thread