Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I'm going to do my best to not sound like a great big ole downer here but I am genuinely scared at this point. It is now 3 months and 4 days until my wedding and I have not been able to lose any weight in the last 4 months. If anything, I have gained. WTF?!!!! I know it all comes down to me and my choices with what goes in my mouth and the inconsistent exercise but I'm hoping that I'm at the point that I'm scared straight. My weight today was 186.6..... ....... I'm not posting it on the weight thread because I'm hoping that I drop at least a couple in water weight by tomorrow.

Now to show that I am by no means innocent, here's a collection of my finer moments of the week. ***WARNING please do not try this at home***
Saturday March 14th: copious amounts of beer
St. Pattys Mar 16th: copious amounts of beer + wings w/dill dip @ 1am
Saturday March 21st: wine + beer + 4 shots + cheesecake + sausage rolls @ 2?am
Sunday March 22nd: chips + chocolate + pretzels + 1/2 Litre red wine

Lovely right? I know. So today I made one of those grandiose ridiculous statements that I am never drinking again. BUT I actually plan on holding myself to that to some extent. I'm specifically targetting alcohol as the main problem because I do incredibly well with eating the whole rest of the week. It's only when I drink that I eat bad for you things. Otherwise, I'm the girl that brings a baggy of veggies to saturday night poker games.

So here's the plan:
- for all the events that are happening in the next 3 months, I will limit myself to 2 drinks per occasion. And I will ensure they fit into my calories for the day
- no more than 1 drink for normal days and fit into calories
- no chips and chocolate allowed in the house. Wish me luck in trying to enforce this on my fiance.
- 30 minutes a day (at the very least) of activity that breaks a sweat.

Thanks all for listening. Any recommendations are always welcome of course. And I wish all of you an awesome and successful week!

Last edited by prepping; 03-23-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

I wasn't on plan at all this weekend as far as food or exercise go. I wasn't terrible with my food but I did get my girl scout cookies and along with the rest of the fam we've gone though almost 2 whole boxes of thin mints. I was down to 173 Sat and Sun but this morning I was at 176. Don't know where that came from. I drank 64 ounces af water yesterday and only ate small portions of the crap the rest of them were eating. I think it's that TOM because I have super bad heart burn and I've been feeling ick for the past week. Maybe that's part of the gain. I know I didn't gain it all in fat because I didn't eat THAT much. I haven't exercised since Wednesday so I will be doing something tonight. Think I'll do Turbo Jam cardio party and if I have anything left in my get the shred in also.

Why can't we just skip weekends? They always seem to hurt me!
Old 03-23-2009, 08:21 PM   #123  

Had a great day! Hoping for at least 2 pounds in the morning!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:10 PM   #124  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

this is kind of a silly question lalique, but theoretically speaking, if we post our weigh in monday morning and then have another loss tuesday, can we change our challenge weigh in?
Old 03-23-2009, 09:31 PM   #125  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighish View Post
this is kind of a silly question lalique, but theoretically speaking, if we post our weigh in monday morning and then have another loss tuesday, can we change our challenge weigh in?
I would think that you're able to post any weight between Sunday and Tuesday. Basically, if you want to wait until your Tuesday weigh-in, then go for it. Just know that you have less time to lose if you go back to reporting on Sunday/Monday.

btw ladies, after speaking with Lalique, I'll be reporting the weigh-in totals each week. She's super busy with 2 jobs and can only get online when she's not busy at work. fyi.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #126  

I don't see a problem with reporting a lower loss. Maybe just wait until Tuesday each week just to be sure you've had a full week to lose.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:47 AM   #127  

Good Morning all!!!

How's everyone doing??
Old 03-24-2009, 11:12 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies!! Sorry I have been MIA for a while I have a mega headcold from you know where!! I am finally starting to feel better today so I promise that things will be better this week!!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #129  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Height: 5'7"

Had a slow loss last week but still trying to stay on track. I cheated the weekend away and feel bad. LOL. but it's a new week right?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #130  

Holy where is everyone???

No I am just kidding!! Hope everyone is having a good week!!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #131  

It's no wonder I'm fat! I got a call from hubby at work to come to his mom's after work. So, I did. Did I go home first and do a video...NO. We ate there too. Usually she grabs Burger King or pizza but tonight I convinced her to get some $5 footlongs from Subway. So we got 5 of those and had them cut in 4's. I ate 3 3" pieces. I also had a serving of Sunchips. Stupid! I have no idea where I am for calories because I had a couple different kinds and I don't know what all she put on them. Now I'm full and fat....and feel like I always will be!

Why do I do so great at work and then totally flub it up when I get home. Well, not even home...where ever I eat dinner. I need to get my head in the game!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #132  

*waves hand* I'm still here.

we just don't have a chatty bunch of members I guess.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #133  

Lynsey- I hope today goes better for you!

I went to Zumba last night with my friend and today I am going to do my lower body workout. Hopefully I can do some intervals, I have been having problems with my feet hurting way too soon! I also need to call my doc to schedule a physical! Yuck!!

Hope everyones Thursday goes great!!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #134  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Height: 5'7"

I skipped 30DS last night cuz the bf came over and cooked me dinner. So i spent some long needed time with him. His dinner was great. He even used low cal stuff. So proud

Dropped again today! So excited!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #135  

AngelMae, the infamous zumba. I googled it and it sounds interesting. Not a clue if it's reached my area at all. Not sure how it hurts your feet, but i'm sure it's something that you get used to?

Nicki, aw, it's nice when the SO's take into consideration your desires. Mine is great with that but he still hasn't learned that even though an ingredient is healthy, doesn't mean you can double or triple the portion. hehe, baby steps. He was shocked when I showed him the true amount of 1 serving of grated cheese. WTG on seeing the loss! must be doing something right.

Okay so I feel quite a bit better now about the scale after being near tears on Monday. So all I can report is that all is good. It's wonderful to see that it IS possible for the numbers to go down. Still find it difficult to bump up the calories though. I find that even after over estimating all the calories for the day I tend to come in about 200 less than what I'm aiming for.

Last edited by prepping; 03-26-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Closed Thread