Old 03-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #46  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

yeah, thinking I might wait until tuesday this week
Old 03-09-2009, 07:04 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Grr! I was down to 175.5 Sat and yesterday both and then when I weighed today I was 177. I'm sore as heck so maybe it's water? I'm so tired of this though. Maybe I need to start by just eating right for a bit and then get into exercising. But I'm not going to. I NEED the extra push that exercise gives me. I really don't want to put something bad in my mouth when I just spent all that time taking that many cals off you know.

I'm still hoping to start couch to 5K this afternoon. If not, I'll do Turbo Jam or BLBC. I think Tuesday will be a rest day. I always have so much runnin after work on Tuesday and have a hard time fitting it in so that'd be a good day to take off. I don't necessarily need to work out 7 days a week every week. Rest is good for my body, right? I'll just throw in some arm exercises and ball exercises while I watch the biggest loser like I used to do. Then I don't feel like a total slacker.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #48  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Height: 5'7"

I feel like I'm dragging the team down. But I am very cranky and bummed today. So I am very negative. I gained 4 pounds in four days so I feel so bad for hurting Team Strawberry. Sorry guys! I'm back OP today and hoping to lose big this week. I have a St Patty's goal of 194 that I want to reach by the 17th. So I'm hoping for that! Sorry again guys.....
Old 03-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Lynsey, you're doing awesome girly! don't get all down on yourself when you know that you are eating right and exercising. what more can you do? You hit the nail on the head with it being water weight as your muscles are repairing themselves from getting all torn up. And that's exactly what your body needs to get even stronger and able to burn more calories while you're not even exercising.

nicki, unless you ate the 3500 calories it takes to gain a pound for each of the last 4 days in addition to the 1600 calories you would naturally burn for the day, then don't feel bad that your body decided to keep some water in! And you are certainly not dragging the team down. Because it's not all about the numbers -- it's also what you contribute to the team with energy! And you are doing awesome You'll for sure be hitting that goal for St. Paddy's.

We have ourselves a couple secret weapons for next week's weigh-in!

As for me, I was actually hoping I would lose more than 3 lbs because you know how it always seems to fly off when you re-start a program. But alas, I have to be okay with still be in the 180s. I'm SO SICK of seeing the 180s! That generation of numbers are my nemesis because any time I fall off the wagon I end up in them and it seems to take forever to crawl my way back into the 170s. What emphasizes it more than normal is the fact that I'm feeling like all my clothing is just a little too tight. It's just not comfortable.
OKAY so that was a lovely little rant on my part. Thanks for 'listening'... and sorry at the same time.

I bought 3 bikini's yesterday The hubby reallllly liked them so I guess I can't be looking too bad.... the only thing is that I suspect that I will be seen by more people than just him if I wear them in public...

Guess I should keep up with the working out! (I did it 5 days last week - that's unheard of for me)
Old 03-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #50  

Thought I'd take a piece out of the BL newsletter that our fearless leader Lalique had thoughtfully provided...

Question of the week: What is your biggest struggle with weight loss? What are you doing/How did you overcome it?

My biggest struggle is wanting to eat all the bad food that the hubby loves! beer, wings, chips, and chocolate... why do you all have to be so good???
And of course the challenge of not wanting to work out (because I know for a fact that no matter how busy i am, I can always find 30 minutes if a tried).

How am I overcoming it? saying "no" and meaning it! or at least putting aside one meal a week that we don't look at calories and get to indulge in what we really like. Or equivalent... as in if I know we're going out to the bar to have pitchers, then that is treated as the indulgence.
And for the exercise, i found out that I really like doing it at night once dinner is all digested. Typically around 8 or 9 when my favourite shows are on. I get to take my time and I'm entertained... it's worked out incredibly well!

Who's next?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #51  

I had a great day. Not sure yet where I want my calories to be. The Daily Plate says 1712 and I'm used to about 1350 when I start my diet off so I think I'll stick with 1350-1600. I think I'll cal cycle this time for a bit and see what happens. I had 1443 calories today. So far I've had 83 ounces of water so I'll definitely make my 96. And I burned 412 cals doing BLBC and I also threw in the 10 minute standing portion of Ab Jam. I also had 22g of fiber. I like to shoot for at least 20 so that's great. I know it's still low for most but I have to start somewhere.

I'm hoping for good numbers tomorrow but am scared with the soreness I'm still feeling. All I can do is see what it says and hope it falls as soon as I'm used to this routine again.

Last edited by LynseyLikes2Lose; 03-09-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies!!

Nicki- Dont get to down about it! Like PBride said, its water. It will come right back off. Just get back on that wagon!!

PBride- I have a hard time saying no to the things that my SO loves to eat. Saying no and meaning it can be super hard!!

Lynsey- Great job today!! WOoot to you!!

I went to Zumba today!! I burned almost 500 cals! I am aiming for 1300-1600 but Monday is my weigh in day so I usually go a little higher on those days and I have had 1800 today. I have had about 90 oz of water!!

Have a great night ladies!! Lets keep up the good work tomorrow!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #53  

Grrr, I gained back the 5 pounds I lost last month, just in the last week.

I'm starting a new workout program though, so I'm hopeing things will start going better & I will see the scale going DOWN rather than up.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #54  

Lynsey, looks like you are right on top of your game! sounds like you have all your intake and workouts down to a science. Good job!

Angel, it's just not fair at all that men can eat and burn so many more calories. bugger. Way to go with the workouts! how do you know how many calories you burned? and what is Zumba?

Lalique, regardless of the weird things our body does that reflects on the scale, you will for sure see a drop soon I'm sure! Especially with starting this new exercise plan you have. Care to share?

Ladies... what can I say... I got on the scale today and was VERY happy. That's right, happy. Know how I was trying to convince myself yesterday that 183 was fine for a week of hard hard work? well today I saw 180.8
Friggin awesome? I think so. THAT'S the number I was hoping for yesterday. I'm still going to stick with the 183 for the official weigh in for the week but I'll just do my best to show a huge number for next week.

I'm so close to the 170s I can taste it!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #55  

PreppingBride- I enter what I do for exercise into my Fitday. I am sure that it is off but its the only way I have to gauge how many calories I have burnt. I really want to get a HRM to that counts for me but I cant afford it right now. This is Zumba......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm7Dy...eature=related

Its kind of hard to explain. But it is a ton of fun!!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #56  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I'm very interested in Zumba. There is a class offered locally, I might look into it. I wonder how much it is?!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #57  
Busy Mommy

bride thanks honey! I did go down a pound. I was just upset yesterday. Bad day, you know? But I'm sure you look FANTASTIC in the bikinis. You'll get out of the 180s for sure!! I'm SO glad the scale was your friend today. Congratulations!!!!

lyndsey Sounds like you are doing great! keep it up. I'm sure the scale will be nice

angel I am gonna try Zumba tonight....at least that's my plan. Somone said it was hard and I don't wanna look like a fool!

lalique It's ok girl! The scale is bound to become your friend!!!

As for me, I'm in a much better mood than I was in yesterday. I did lose a pound this morning. i also bit the bullet and changed my sig to show my current weight information. I wasn't going to. Out of sight, out of mind, right? But I kinda felt dishonest, lol. So I changed it. It makes me able to be more accountable. So i stayed OP all day yesterday and did my strength training. I also drank nothing but water all day. So far so good today. Today is my cardio day. I usually do elliptical but I think I'm gonna try the Zumba class at my gym. I sure hope I don't look like an idiot!
Old 03-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #58  

Oh Nicki who cares if you look like a fool!!! Have fun with it and do your best. At my class it is dark so you really cant see much and most people have their eyes on the instructor not you!! Have FUN!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #59  

Had another great day. 1415 cals and over 100 ounces of water. No execise, it's my rest day!

How's everyone else doing?

Nicki, hope you had a good time at the class. I bet that's a hoot! I'd look super funny but I wouldn't let it stop me from having a good time.

Bride, I'm so happy you're happy! Woohoo for nice scales!

Angel, way to go on the 500 cals burned. I need a Zumba class around here!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:08 PM   #60  
Busy Mommy

I did SO great today!!! I didn't do Zumba. But not cuz I was scared. The class was at 6pm. And I was by the gym at 4pm to get Brianna. I really didn't feel like goin all the way home and havin to come back. Plus I had dinner to cook and stuff to fix for tomorrow. So I just did 32 min on the elliptical. THen I came home and did 30DS and 30 min ab routine!!!!!

So as far as I'm concerned that's a good damn day
Closed Thread