Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 04:41 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Fabulous 40's #119

Hi Girls,

I saw how long the thread was so I decided to start a new one.

Zoe, have fun in Florida! We'll be thinking of you.

Jen, Let us know how Joe is doing.

Pete's birthday today so you all know what that means, CAKE Don't have to twist my arm to have some.

I'll be back later.
Going to watch a movie with him. He's waiting patiently.

Love,
Es
Old 02-13-2002, 10:12 PM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Happy Birthday to Pete! ! ! Hope you have a great evening, Es.

Janie, good loss!!! nothing to sneeze at, girl! I'm so happy for you.

Joe's angiogram went very well......thanks so very much to all of you for your concern ... he still has 50% blockage in 3 anterior arteries, but it's all at the same stage it was at a year ago..hasn't worsened, which is good. They won't treat a blockage unles it's 85% or more. He's got to follow up w/his dr. in 6 mos., and have a stress test once a year.

I'm very tired, it's been a long day, so I'm going to bed. Again, thanks to all of you, my friends, for your thoughts and prayers for Joe.

love,
~Jen
Old 02-14-2002, 04:31 AM   #3  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Weighed in and actually lost 1.2 lbs. I don't know how considering the week I had. I hope it doesn't come back to haunt me next week. Friday is going to be challenging. A luncheon meeting in NYC. Hopefully it won't be a gateway for a tough weekend/week. I will do my best to be sure it is not. I am so close...I want to get back to goal.
Old 02-14-2002, 07:44 AM   #4  

Default Happy Valentine's Day!

Hi Essie, Myra & Jen & everyone else,

Es, I guess it was time for a new thread. I'm enjoying being part of the group.

Jen, glad everything went ok. Now you can relax a little.

Myra, I'm going to switch over to the journal in a second. I seem to start the day alright, then make a change in my plan. But today's another day, although it is Valentine's Day! We were watching the morning news and they were live at a really good local candy/fudge shop. Looked yummy. My husband said that it would be too many optional points - he knows all the lingo for WW!

I might go grocery shopping later today and I'll try to really think about this. I bought yogurt that was on sale so I've been finishing it off. But I just looked at the points and it was 5! (I usually buy the low or no fat sweetened with sugar. I don't trust the other stuff. But this was regular yogurt. So much for the sale...

Have a good day everyone!

Pogo
Old 02-14-2002, 08:22 AM   #5  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Valentine's Day!!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!! I hope you all have a FUN day!

Ill be back tonight, before vacation starts.
Old 02-14-2002, 01:26 PM   #6  

Hi gals,
Happy Valentine's day I hope all your favorite valentine's treat you like the very special ladies that you are. I will have to wait until tomorrow for our celebration because my big valentine, Steve, teach's an astronomy Lab on Thur nites. Ellen and I will have our weekly girls night out. After all she is my favorite little valentine

Myra,
Great Loss You and Sandy are lucky that you work at home. In my office everywhere you look there is Valentine's candy. What a temptation

Jen,
I am so happy that things went well for Joe. Thank the Lord!! ... and thank you, Myra and Essie for the gracious congratulations. The picture that I had posted of my family a while back was when I was at my heaviest. Now I am going to have to get a new picture of me when I reach goal, so you all can see what I am supposed to look like

Es,
Happy Birthday to Pete It is ok to have cake once in a while you just have to remember to count the points and don't do it too often. Hope it was a nice celebration. Yesterday was also one of my Secretary's birthday. I am taking Spanish lessons and she is Mexican so I always ask her to check my homework. Sound's like I could also ask you and Dianne to help me.

Have a LOVE-ly day,
Hugs,
JanieD
Old 02-14-2002, 04:32 PM   #7  

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY SWEETIES!!!

Hope everyone's having a good day, despite the chocolate temptation! Sheesh, willie bought me candy, then came to work and someone left a heart on my desk with "from your secret admirer", then the Human Resources Department sent two huge hearts of candy up here! We're being attacked on all fronts! LOL. Oh, well, I will have 2 pieces for 4 points and hopefully that will be that!

Jen - So glad to hear that Joe's procedure went well and that things are about the same as last year. That's good news. I'm sure you are both relieved. You can relax some now (except f

Janie and Myra - congrats on your losses -- great job! Janie, I'm sure Es and I could help you with spanish except I, for one, speak spanglish, lol.

Ruth - Where are you, girl??? Staying after school? LOL - come say hi.

Es - Happy Birthday to Pete! Enjoy that piece of cake and have one for me too (just kidding)!

Zoe - Have a great vacation - did you see my duck in the water just for you animation? Enjoy! See you next week.

Hi Pogo - what's up girl?

Terri - Miss you, come back to us!

Talk to you's later.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 02-14-2002, 05:37 PM   #8  

Angry

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

I went into work then had to leave. I caught a nasty little cold. Now I don't have to be back to work till Tuesday.

Zoe, we'll miss you. Have a great time. FINALLY, you're getting the vacation you wanted.

Dianne, temptation is too much for me on Valentine's Day. This morning when I went in to work one of my coworkers tried to get me to eat a BIG Valentine's cookie. I'm glad this cold has me with no appetite.

Awww Janie, that is so sweet how you look forward to your time with Ellen. I think I can help you with spanish. I was raised in the Bronx so like Dianne I speak spanglish Pete's cake was so good. I bought him a small carvel ice cream cake. I have no idea how many points I had.

Pogo, I usually buy low fat yogurt. I don't care for the FF. The one I buy is 4 pts. I'm glad you are part of our group.

Jen, glad Joe's procedure is over with. I was thinking of the two of you all morning(yesterday). At least he stayed the same.

Myra, WTG with 1.2!!!!! Numbers are going down, down, down. I started the 5HTP's again. Helps me with sugar cravings.

I'm starting to get a sneezing attack.

Have a good night everybody
Love,
Es
Old 02-14-2002, 08:50 PM   #9  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys ~ I'm offically on vacation!! The co-worker who caused me to cancel it the last 2 times we planned it didn't get sick again and ya know, if he does now, I won't be there to know it! So we leave tomorrow morning and I am so ready to get outta here. And I am offically OFF program. Hopefully only for today. When I hear the word vacation, it's like a licence to eat. We went out for dinner tonight for Valentine's Day and had Mexican. I had fajitas but they were beef when I should have had the chicken. we also shared fried ice cream. I'm hanging my head in shame. Chocolate was ALL OVER the office today. <sigh> I am praying that I can have some control over the next 9 days......that I don't bring 13 pounds back from Florida with me.... I'm doing some praying tonight.

Dianne ~ I sure did see your duck and I loved it!! Thanks so much. I tried to 'steal' it but when I tried to use it, it said it was too big to post. Hmmmm, gotta look at that. Anyway, thanks so much for the 'send off'. I am so looking forward to this vacation. Good girl on the resistance of the chocolate. I wasn't that lucky.

Es ~ so sorry you're a little under the weather. Must be that Dianna and I are passig it around. ~ nice that you are off until Tuesday......feel better....get some rest, that really helps.

Janie ~ have a great time with your Valentine tomorrow. (and with Ellen tonight)

Jen ~ So glad to hear that all went well (and is well) with the tests. I know those things can be so stressful, the wait, the not knowing. Glad all is well. If they don't treat anythng under 85%, that must mean that they aren't worried, especially since it's been the same for all this time. Our prayers were answered.

Pogo ~ 5 pt yogurt.....I made that mistake once too. but it's so good....

Congrats to all the "losers" here. Keep up the good work so that I have some inspiration to come back to.

Hi to everyone else. Terri, come out, come out wherever you are. Hope your computer problems are resolved soon. I will be home in 9 days, Saturday 2/23. Have a great OP week and I want to see all you "LOSERS" when I get back so that y'all are an inspiration to me when I return. I'll talk to you's guys then.

Love,
Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas and on the way to Florida
Old 02-14-2002, 09:49 PM   #10  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Myra, congrats on the loss You're doing great. Focus on that to get you thru Friday.

Zoe.......vacation!!!!!!!! Enjoy! It's so great that you finally got it, you've been waiting so long for it. Hope you have an absolutely wonderful trip.

Es, don't sweat the cake. It's part of life. It's not like you have it every day. Hope you're feeling better and will be able to enjoy your long weekend.

Pogo, hang in there w/the journalling. Those who stick with it are successful. Terri, who used to post here, faithfully filled out her online journal on this site, along with Myra. Terri reached goal, and Myra's not far behind. How's that for success? ! Too bad about the yogurt. I stick with the yoplait ff variety...2 pts...it is the taste I prefer.

Janie, hope you had a nice Valentine's Day with Ellen. Jess and Michael bought a new mini-van today, came over to show it to us, so I got my "fix" with the boys today

Had my exam in class today; I know I definitely passed, am hoping for an A.

HI to everyone else.....Dianne, Ruth, Terri, Viola....

~Jen

Old 02-14-2002, 10:11 PM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Forgot to add this......

Yesterday in the hospital, upon being given his discharge instructions, the nurse asked Joe/us how much red meat we eat. I was very smug when I replied, "only once a week for the most part"....when I saw the look of surprise on her face, I thought that she was impressed with how we're watching our consumption of red meat.....that we're doing it right.....

With that, she said "the entire cardiology staff recommends that EVERYONE eat red meat only ONCE a month!"

I was shocked. It's not a problem for us to follow that guideline, as we're not big meat eaters. But I did feel that we've been conscientious about keeping it down to once a week!

They do, of course, recommend chicken, turkey and fish the other 29 days.......

~Jen
Old 02-15-2002, 12:16 PM   #12  

Angry

Hello Girls,

Jen, I don't like red meat. We eat mostly chicken, ground turkey, chicken/turkey cutlets. I'm glad I don't like it. I've had to give up so much because of my cholesterol problem. Pete loves fish but I don't. Once in a while we get it for free. His friend goes fishing on a boat & gives us quite a bit. I eat it at the Red Lobster that's it. I bet you got an A on that exam.

I'm feeling kind of crappy today. This cold is a pain in the butt. I don't feel like doing anything.

I'm getting a call. Be back later.
Old 02-15-2002, 12:50 PM   #13  

HI gals,
Yesterday I went to my first aerobics class since I broke my elbow. It was fun especially when I got there I found that one of my friends was teaching the class. She just got certified in Dec and now she is teaching. I am sure I don't have to tell you guys that I didn't do all of the arm work, and didn't do any of the pushups. It was really great having a legitimate excuse not to do pushups

Ellen and I went out for Chinese food last night. Although it is hard to make good choices at chinese since everything is fried, I found myself getting filled up a lot sooner and didn't eat as much as would have before. We ended up taking a lot of the food home.

Zoe,
Have a wonderful vacation. You deserve it!!!

Have a great Friday everyone,
JanieD
Old 02-15-2002, 11:06 PM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es, you need to pamper yourself......how 'bout a day in bed, I'll bring over the chicken soup? Take care, girl!

We do eat chicken/turkey most of the time, and lean pork. Or go meatless. I hate fish; we have canned tuna occasionally, and that's ok. I also like shrimp. This evening I made fillet of sole; the guys liked it.....first time I tried it, still tasted "fishy" to me. I've been cooking for 30 years and haven't done fish!

Janie, glad you were able to resume your aerobics classes. Must be cool to have your friend leading.

We tried a new salad bar restaurant today; had a gift cert. from Christmas. It's so easy to fill your plate w/all the wrong foods. Today was the first time I tried fresh beets, and found I liked them; never cared for the sweet/sour ones I've tried before.

Very quiet here this week......HI to everyone!

~Jen
Old 02-15-2002, 11:43 PM   #15  

Hi guys:

Its very late, so I'll make this short, I'm sooooooo sleepy.

Es - Sorry to hear your'e not feeling well. Take care of yourself. Its great that at least you don't have to go back to work until Tuesday. Take that time to rest and let Jen make you that chicken soup, lol.

Jen - We don't eat lots of red meat either, but I do like pork. Wait.......... isn't that the "other" white meat???? Speaking of chicken, I made a receipe from this site called Chicken Marengo, Es, willie calls it chicken merengue, LOL. It was soooooo good and it only took like 20 mins to make. And, best of all, everything was made in only one pot!!!!!! You guys should try it, I really think you'll like it. I'm cooking it this sunday and bringing it into work for the girls.

Okay, gotta get to bed. Hi to everyone and will talk to you's tomorrow.

hugs,
Dianne
Closed Thread