Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-29-2007, 07:47 AM   #1  
-recovering sugar addict-

S/C/G: 260/245/180

Unhappy Skinny Husband....?

Do any of you have skinny husbands or boyfriends?

My husband is thin and attractive,
and "cute" skinny girls hit on him all the time
I am Lumpy and pale and not exactly graceful
I get hit on by old skeevy men....ack!

I know he loves me but I wonder why he's with me, I was fat when I met him in highschool-I'm still Obese...I've always had the feeling that people look at us and think we look like some odd sex change version of Laural and Hardy...I mean do we look comically hillarious to other people?

He's all....=Happy= all the time, and I'm manic-depressive....

I'm doing pretty good mentally, but this is one of the main reasons I want to lose weight...so I can be the other half of an attractive couple.
brokenNEKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi, I don't have a skinny husband. But I know this with all my years of experience. I was much thinner 21 years ago when my husband and I got together. He fell in love with the person inside. Who cares what other people think about the way the two of you look. What do they mean in your life? Are people who judge you by the outside important in your life? They are not in mine. Sure I want to look good. But I want to live to see my 19 y/o have kids and my 4 y/o graduate from college. Your health is the most important thing. Keep that in mind.
Take care,
Sharon
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:10 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh yeah... skinny go lucky DH... yep I've got one and thank God. He keeps me smiling when I really need it the most.

Don't question his love for you, just accept it and give him a big ol hug.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5ft.5"

yup! I have a skinny husband but, not until recently, he lost 90lbs with my help and he's tall and I am short. When we met we were both thin and gradualy both of us gained about a 100lbs. each but, I got sick, he got scared and dropped all the weight but, he loves me and so does your husband . We are luckey but, we need to get healthy for them too! Good luck.
shoots-alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:44 AM   #5  
-recovering sugar addict-

S/C/G: 260/245/180

Thanks guys, I'm trying to get healthy.
I'm just trying to deal with my feelings of being really lame in comparison to the one I love, I feel like I don't deserve any one liking me
-let alone Loving me.

Bah! my thinking is so screwed up.

one problem with dieting is that my husband really likes junk food, which is fine, also I need to cook healthy but I need to cook him very high calorie food otherwise he loses weight he has a REALLY fast metabolism.
He eats a ton and he still doesn't gain weight. (I'm talking like 4 hamburgers)
while the doctor says he is healthy but should gain weight he only weighs 125 and he's 5'8 and I make him protein shakes.

The hard thing about this is cooking separate meals and not being tempted to eat fattening things that he needs.

It's hard, but I am doing good.
brokenNEKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 315/315/180

Height: 5ft 8in

boy do I know what youmean, my husband is skinny too. I also have to2 growing teenagers( one a 17 y/o boy) who eats everything! lots of crap and calorie filled foods. as much of a pain the butt it is i cook seperate sometimes. i find i am tempted to just eat what the eat because its easier(i make up a lot of excuses to cheat and justify my actions). its a daily struggle. i have no doubt you husband loves you. experience has tought me that if you try to lose weight for anyone but yourself its usually doomed
lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #7  

Funny you should say this. My hubby and I were just talking about this over the weekend. He and I both gained weight after we met like most people. We have both gone up and down and he has even gained pots of muscle from weight training. (I am one of those weird women that love big muscle guys) I told him that I have not even noticed that he doens't look like that anymore. he still looks to me like he did that day I met him, if not better. He said that he feels the same way. Even though my clothes have gotten bigger so has his love for me. He really didnt' know that I was gaining until I told him.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My DH is skinny. When we started dating, he was around 150, he went up to 155 while we were dating and then I started improving our food choices. He slowly started losing weight and now he is in the 130s and he is 5'10". It makes me sick He has a higher metabolism than me so he is always snacking and I provide him with healthy snacks as well as the meals we share. He loves peanuts as well as peanut butter which are items I control heavily for myself but not for him. We also exercise together as well as go hiking together.

I used to feel a bit self concious around him but he loves me and I think we are a good match.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:43 PM   #9  
prepare for the BEST time

My BF is a relatively new relationship (8 mos)....He's 6'5" and weighs less than 230#....he's a sugar ADDICT and can eat anything he wants most times.... I'm 5'5" and small framed, I have to fight for every ounce I lose....

about 1 month into the relationship I broke the news to him that I COULD NOT eat like that (unless he wanted to put me on a hand-truck because I'd gain 100# in the next month)!
BUT, I've put the fear of High fat diet into him, CAD and elevated cholesterol levels.....it works about 50% of the time....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #10  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Nelie, my dh is the same way! He is like 140-145! and 5'10 He is very active and muscular and I do my best to provide nutritious food for him and he gets more treats then I do.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

My husband is NOT skinny, but he is always being hit on (especially grocery stores and asian restaurants). My husband is about 6'3" and has a "viking-biker," appearance, and is very outgoing and charming, with everyone, but expecially kids. Something about his smile makes you want to get to know him, and women will flirt with him in my presence (I think they figure I'm no competition). Part of it, I think, is because he loves little kids, he'll smile and talk to a little kid, and if mom's single she'll just be infatuated with him.

A couple times young asian waitresses also were infatuated with him (he thinks it's the sumo wrestler physique). One very pretty young girl when she was serving us tea, asked if we were "brother and sister," when David said, no this is my wife, she actually looked disappointed and said "oh!"

Even though hubby gets all the attention from the opposite sex, he is the one that is insecure. When we met, I was earning more, have a master's degree, and lived a typical "good girl" life. He didn't finish college, didn't have a professional job, and while he'd never gotten into any legal trouble (mostly because of luck) he'd lived a pretty rowdy life when he was younger. He is always telling me how he can't understand why I'm with him. I'm flattered that he thinks that I could have any man I wanted, and doesn't understand why I chose him - but it does go to show there isn't always any logic behind those feelings.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:08 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenNEKO View Post
Do any of you have skinny husbands or boyfriends?

My husband is thin and attractive,
and "cute" skinny girls hit on him all the time
I am Lumpy and pale and not exactly graceful
I get hit on by old skeevy men....ack!

I know he loves me but I wonder why he's with me, I was fat when I met him in highschool-I'm still Obese...I've always had the feeling that people look at us and think we look like some odd sex change version of Laural and Hardy...I mean do we look comically hillarious to other people?

He's all....=Happy= all the time, and I'm manic-depressive....

I'm doing pretty good mentally, but this is one of the main reasons I want to lose weight...so I can be the other half of an attractive couple.
I might sound a bit old fashioned....because I am I think the answer is simply...he is totally in love with you...that is the beautiful thing about love its loves you unconditionally...my husband is a studmuffin.. I don't care if he's skinny, or fat as long as I have him in my life that is all that matters and as far as what other people think..who cares....life is simply to short...your man sounds like a really keeper...celebrate you and good luck on all your goals.
buffedstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #13  

>_< Darn guys and their super fast metabolisms.

I felt the same way...or still do feel the same way...not worthy of my boyfriend's love and being so much bigger than him...but it' my goal to catch up with him and *maybe* surpass him!

Cheer up! He is with you for reason, because you are an amazing person, I bet! And even if he can eat a bajillion pizzas, you should stick to your healthy diet and make YOURSELF happy with your weight!

I used to think I was doing it for my boyfriend, but I was really wrong. If you're unhappy, it'll make the weight loss that much more longer and grueling...just be happy you can be with him and hug and enjoy your time together! And don't take that for granted!

Be happy! I'm sure he wants you to be!
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:51 AM   #14  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

Height: 5' 9"

Yup, Skinny husband. If we start easting healthier he gets skinnier. He is super active and all muscle too, maybe thats why they don't like itty bitty chicks, who knows LOL. He married me chubby and hasn't said a thing about my appearance since gaining more. Heck he went through two pregnancies with me. I always think it is weird that I am heavier than him but he doesn't seem to. Your not alone There are lots of us out there.
sumisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #15  

My husband is not skinny (about 175) but he is fit. I often wonder what people think when they look at us too.
2fat2furious is offline   Reply With Quote