Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-21-2007, 06:26 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

My boyfriend is 6'6 and I'm 5'6...so we tend to look rather odd at times. I don't even notice unless I happen to catch our reflection in a window when we're walking together.

He's about 210-215 pounds though and while lean isn't "skinny" he's all muscle...just the body type that doesnt gain/hold onto bulk muscle all that well (much to his disgust!)

Hehe...even more to his disgust is the apparent irony that MY body DOES gain muscle with ease and keeps it with little effort lol (although it's also quick to deposit a nice layer of padding over them when it wants to -sigh-)

We've been good for each other though because not long before we met he'd gone on a healthy kick and lost 50 pounds and toned up incredibly...ooooh man those abs *drools at memory* and so had I so we've been keeping one another on track...both on the same page with food, going running together, we go to different gyms but ask how the others gone at it that day etc.

It's good having him because he understands what it's like to have been over weight and the amount of effort and discipline that go into losing it again...and the rewards of finally being fit!
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:43 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Question What IS it with most of us?!

What is it--why do we feel compelled to "look that gift horse right in the face" and almost REFUSE to believe the treasure is for us--even when it's got our name on it??!!

I, too, have a husband much slimmer and leaner than I. But he married me when I was a relatively svelte 165, and even though I'm at 200 & coming down (from my ultimate high of 222), he tells me I'm "the most beautiful girl in the world"--and he means, it, too.

Maybe it's because I didn't get heavy 'til after we got married, but that's not what I'm insecure about. I'm not a terrific housekeeper, and that's where my weak point is.

But you know what? Every person here is loved by someone who loves them, no matter what. That's a treasure beyond gold and precious stones.

Just accept it as the great gift of love that God (or creation, or Who or whatever you call Being) has given you, out of All Givingness. And give thanks. That's what we're supposed to do, and enjoy it!
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote