Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 06:14 PM   #31  

I love your 20 minute rule! Aquatic fell flat with me too... My husband liked the Royal Tennebaums, I could take it or leave it..
HOUSE RULES!!! I got a DVD attached to my Entertainment mag with the pilot ..Been hooked ever since..I love Hugh Laurie... he is fabulous in the role...
"Every week a new mystery...every week a new baffling case that only one team can solve. " Haha, although the structure of it is soo predictable.. It's a new obscure disease! It GETS GASP misdiagnosed! The patient gets worse! inject more wrong drugs, patient gets better oh.no wait! the patient is getting worse!than.... YES the correct diagnosis...LOL gotta love it... The snarky sarcastic witty dialog is what makes it!
I also like NCIS, CSI all those forensic shows-- we get BBCAmerica ..just love Helen Mirren in Prime Suspect, and Blood in the Wire ....

Last edited by Schatzi; 07-05-2005 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:29 AM   #32  
Pending Email Confirmation

I am really enjoying the show. I do agree that it's a bit set in it's formula. I have watched quite a few and have yet to see one where they didn't wind up figuring out what the **** is wrong with someone and fixing them at the last minute. But that's okay. Some day it will happen. *L* And like you said, the dialogue makes up for it.

I didn't like Royal Tannebaums either. In fact, I slept through most of it.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:53 AM   #33  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yep, Royal Tennebaums was a bit long and pointless. Couldn't stand Gwynneth Paltrow's usual crappy acting and, although I like Owen Wilson, he just seems to play the same type of parts all the time.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:42 AM   #34  

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Gwyneth's acting either... pretty blah to me.. Can't say much for her baby naming skills either...
I just love Owen's accent/drawl... Can't wait to see him and one of my favs Vince Vaughn in the Wedding Crasher...I saw Stiller's Starsky and Hutch and Vince just stole that movie.. he was tooo funnie!

Lizziness... I fell a sleep on Sleepless in Seattle...no lie! LOL
Old 07-07-2005, 11:54 AM   #35  

Height: 5'-2"

Just saw The Astronaut's Wife. I don't know why, but I really can't stand whatsisname. Johnny Depp.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:15 PM   #36  

I love Johnny but hated the Astronaught's wife- I found it really boring

We just got some movies on DVD that we have to watch...Nothing like the previously viewed DVD blowout at Blockbuster! I picked up Sideways for $6.00 which is less than the price of admission at the theatre!
Old 07-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #37  

I love Johnny too! But Astronauts Wife wasn't so good...I think he's best when he's in those quirky roles or shows his childlike side..

Here's one of the few good lines in Astronauts Wife......
"Men are like parking spaces: all the good ones are taken, and the available ones are handicapped."

I haven't seen Sideways... seems to have gotten really mixed reviews here on "AlternaChixFlix"!
Old 07-07-2005, 04:37 PM   #38  

oooh... that's a good name for this thread, Schatzi! "AlternaChixFlix"... I like it!

What was that line in Aliens (was it 3?) when they were told not to use guns... "What are we supposed to do? Kill them with offensive language?"
Old 07-08-2005, 06:08 PM   #39  
Pending Email Confirmation

Schatzi - honestly I fall asleep all the time. basically if it's not compelling and it's dark in the room i'm a goner. and sometimes all it takes is that it's dark. *LOL* Hubby insists on no light, windows all have to be closed all lights off, so it's dark in the room, i've got a comfy chair and if the cat sits on me and is all warm - well that just seals it for me. I'm such a dork.

I watched "In Good Company" and I really liked it. Topher Grace played a very similar charachter as he does on That 70's show, but he was believable and lovable even as a jackass. I really liked this movie more than I expected to.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:56 PM   #40  

Hey Lizziness, I call myself "DorkyGirl" LOL! Our living room is soo comfortable, between the loveseat and couch we have 4 recliners.. and the coffee table has rollers hidden in the legs..so if its in our way we just give it a foot shove.. Sounds wonderful doesnt it.... BUT DH has Surround Sound wired ... (I call it Theater for the Deaf) , so just as I start to nod off, 9 times outta 10 A bomb, or a car chase scene sounds like it is happening right there... UGH ..hate it...

Here's one of my dorky girl moments: We are watching HERO, a japanese flick with subtitles... I tell DH to turn up the sound because I can't hear them...DUH ... I don't understand a lick of Japanese ( I think DH keeps me around for entertainment!)
Old 07-11-2005, 09:54 AM   #41  

- that is hilarious Schatzi!

Watched "The Village" this weekend - it was okay, not as good as Signs was, but okay.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:26 AM   #42  

Hi Mauv, missed u the passed few days!!!!!! yeah, I agree Village was good, but Night is getting a tad formulatic (is that a word?) .... anywhoooooo, I watched for the billionth time one of my fav ChickFlicks yesterday.. "Overboard" with Goldie and Kurt.. I loooove that movie...."I'm a Fat Short Slut".... and "Hillbillie harlot"... and my fav..."Buh buh buh" when she handles the chain saw... That's the line I use when I have a wingding of a day.....
Old 07-11-2005, 12:40 PM   #43  

Has anyone seen SuperSize Me? I caught snippets of it ... and it was frightfully funnie and informative.. I dont think I'll evah have a #2 again..(love them cheeseburgahs, Mc Donalds Fries and coke...sigh! but its SATANS SNACK)
Old 07-11-2005, 12:56 PM   #44  

Yes, I saw it when it first came out. (I had to say that, because I don't get out much. )
It was good.
I have to say, though, I couldn't believe it when he got sick on his first burger. I mean, come ON! I could have eaten six of those!
Old 07-11-2005, 01:04 PM   #45  

Yeah wimpie lightweight! speaking of volume of burgers... do u canucks have White Castle up thar? Talk about feelin like a hippo, it's nothing for me to eat like 12 or 15 of those little hor de vour sized rat burgers...but ..the next day is horrible ... bloated gassy SBDers.... UGH
Closed Thread