Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 08:37 PM   #1  

Default Oprah's Boot Camp

There are other threads on the site that are doing Oprah's Boot Camp but I thought this would be a little different. Even though it is a twelve week program, not everyone can start on the same day. So this thread will allow you to jump on board whenever you have choosen to make the commitment or even just have questions or an interest in the program.

I for one am starting today. I have finished eating for the day, got my exercise and water in and feeling pretty darn proud of myself. For me the hard part of this program is going to be getting the exercise in and giving up the alcohal. I have chosen my three "special" days very carefully. My birthday, hubby's birthday and the last day of the program.

COMMITMENT

This is my personal contract with myself and feel free to post yours as well.

I will stay away from white foods, alcohal and make sure that I drink my water every day. I will take those vitamins and go to the gym or do my WATP's dvd 6 days a week. I will not give up and I will use the support this site gives me to keep going until that 12 weeks have been sucessfully achieved. I will be accountable for all slip ups and learn from them instead of giving up all together. This is a commitment I make with myself and I will be the only one disappointed if I do not follow my goal through to the end. If I do not lose even one pound I will continue the road to a healthy me.

There I said it out loud and it's in writing. There's no turning back now. Feeling kind of giddy now. Lonely but giddy. I do hope others will join in as well. I could use a little company in here. Everyone have can their own start date and their own countdown. I will root for you no matter what point you are at, even if your just thinking about it come in and say hi!

Take care, got to plan for tomorrow. DAY TWO here I come!

Dale
Old 03-07-2005, 09:10 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

ooooh, this looks good, Dale! I'm just heading off to bed, but I'll join you tomorrow! Thanks for starting this up!
Old 03-08-2005, 10:23 AM   #3  
Fit by Forty

Default I found you Trixi!

Count me in the Boot Camp. Even though this is week 4 for me, really, it's always going to be week 1! Because, once you hit your 12 weeks...you don't stop....you keep doing what you are doing. So it will always be...week 1 day 1 for me!
Old 03-08-2005, 10:30 AM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Oh, look ellis and Teufelchen, another Ontarian! Welcome Kelly!

Looks good Trixi, I will work on my contract today and post later on. I have to also check out Ophrah's site to get the low -down on how the boot camp works.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:18 AM   #5  

Day three, sorry I did not post last night, was only on for a few minutes. Did really well yesterday. Got my excerise out of the way in the morning, wanted to go to the gym last night but needed to go food shopping and then it was almost 8:30 pm when I got home so I had to skip dinner cause of the three hour rule. Was too tired to eat anyway. Going to to gym tonight after work. Cheated and stepped on the scale this morning and I am 4 pounds down. yepee. I will never see 150 again (fingers crossed) Well at work now but will post more tonight.

Mauvaisroux, the program if you follow it to a tee it's pretty strict, I am "tweaking" (to use Kelly's words) Don't think I could get in the eight rounds of excerise a week. So make it to suit you as long as you know it will still be a challenge.

Have a great day everyone.

Dale
Old 03-09-2005, 10:11 AM   #6  

Well I am already doing Weight Watchers but will follow the no alcohol, and limit my grains as suggested for the plan.

I will be doing the exercise but I will don't think I can do 8 rounds per week. I take a dance class once per week that gives me 1 1/2 hours of cardio, I am doing yoga 2x a week but I can definitely improve on the strength training which I am going to start today.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:11 PM   #7  

Good for you Mauvaisroux, now you got a plan!! You have started Boot Camp!

More later/

dale
Old 03-09-2005, 04:32 PM   #8  

Thanks Dale! Tonight I am going through my cupboards to see what is not OP and what I need to stock up on
Old 03-09-2005, 09:05 PM   #9  

Oh, Trixi... I so want to do this. I've been so busy... I'll try to get in tomorrow. I think this is a wonderful idea.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:36 PM   #10  

Ellis, even a little commitment is amazing cause when you sign that contract, even if it is only to be nice on Tuesday's. You feel you have to stick to it. Only do what you know you can but also create a challenge for yourself. I might be going all out now but who knows what tomorrow will bring and in the end all we have is our word. If we are giving that word to ourselves we have no blame to place elsewhere.

It took almost two months of thinking for me to commit and now I am still scared I will hurt my own feelings, but on the other hand I have stayed more focused these past three days then I have ever been before. It's all about me and how I feel just before I fall asleep. I am super tired and would love to wake up to a beautiful body, but unfortunately god graced me with patience, kindness and love. He forget the hot bod. But I am a work in progress and when we meet again I will be who I wanted to be and it will be who he thought I was all along.

Take Care

p.s. I rarely refer to the one above and I am sorry if it offends anyone. Just been thinking.....

Dale
Old 03-10-2005, 06:57 AM   #11  

Trixi, you're wonderful. Thanks for the encouragement, sweetie. What you said was so beautiful.
As for making reference to "the one above"... hey, you KNOW anything goes, here, girl! You're not offending anyone. Certainly not me, who doesn't give thanks to the one above nearly as often as I should.

Here I go:

I have decided to put myself first. If I don't, I won't be around for my children, and I won't be around to have fun with my DH. It's hard to care about yourself when you suffer from depression, but I do care about them.
When I am tired and cranky, instead of going to the store and buying chips and chocolate, I will spend a little extra on something else I like. Strawberries or precut veggies with a yummy dip.
I will acknowledge the times when I think I am hungry but am merely dehydrated, and will drink my water.
I will not skip my WW weigh-in when I think that I've gained weight. I will face up to my mistakes, and I will move on immediately.
I will not wallow in my fat, but will work on my patience, and will look for the beauty in my gradually changing body.

I don't have the strength to commit to exercise again at the moment, but I know that will come.

Thank you again for this, Trixi.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:00 AM   #12  

Kelly, welcome! We're so glad to have you here!!

Congratulations to all who have joined Boot Camp.
Let's see if we can get some more girls in here.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:07 AM   #13  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Congrats on everyones commitment! Ellis, Mauvais, & Trixi - You can do it.

I may even get a chance to try this...
Old 03-10-2005, 08:25 AM   #14  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Girls,
It me! Do you remember me! I amdown on my knees, begging forgivveness for not being around this week. I am so down on myself when I know deep down I should be so happy for myself. Sunday was my 2 months smoke free, Tuesday of this coming week will be two years sober, so I should be happy but I am almost back to my heaviest point in my life and it tires me and makes me so angry, sad, depressed and every other emotion that goes with it. I am fat, lazy, stupid and all the other negatives put together. I wish I could be as together and determined as you gurls!! I am going to Oprah's site and check it out. I will be back later for my commitment!
Virginia
Two months, three days, 10 hours, 50 minutes and 29 seconds. 624 cigarettes not smoked, saving $229.57. Life saved: 2 days, 4 hours, 0 minutes.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:40 AM   #15  

Virginia, there is nothing to forgive girl! Don't be down on yourself about your weight - you have already done two amazing and difficult things, achieved sobriety and quit smoking
Closed Thread