Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 09:59 AM   #31  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Could you make that two, Ellis?
Old 11-05-2004, 10:18 AM   #32  

Height: 5'-2"

I'll see what I can dig up for you, Ruth.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:51 PM   #33  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I can relate! DH is a cutie too. We have been together for 25 years (married for 23!) His friends all said, "You deserve each other." Mine shook their heads in wonder!!

By the way, I was a child bride.....(snicker) (My husband adds, "And yet you still robbed the cradle.")

I was so depressed Tuesday night/Wednesday morning that I ate almost a whole HUGE bag of peanut M&Ms by myself. THEN I slept all day yesterday. I think I screwed up my blood sugar (stress too!!)
Old 11-06-2004, 07:39 AM   #34  

Den! You got a ticker!! You've lost six pounds!
Put the M&M fiasco behind you, and move on, sweetie.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:52 AM   #35  
Come on Spring!

Hey, Den, didja know that there are no calories in M&M's if you eat them by colour? All red first of course! Get back on track - you have to be in good shape for your CTs operation? Is it still on schedule for the 16th?
Old 11-06-2004, 07:59 PM   #36  

Ellis-NOPE! That is 6 left of the 13 that I lost BEFORE. I'm counting it so I can feel good about something!!! Decided the ticker would motivate me (or at least look purty!!) Where is your ticker? I liked it!!

Ruth-YUP! Monday I go for the pre-op intake, and they BETTER NOT POSTPONE.....
The M&Ms were black and orange for Halloween, which should I have eaten first? (Just in case someone ties me down and forces me to eat them in the future.) How is Harry doing? How are YOU doing?
Old 11-07-2004, 09:29 AM   #37  

I got rid of mine because I gained 4 freakin' pounds, and the ticker only moves one way.
Good luck on Monday, sweetie! I'll be thinking about you!

Look, get your butt in gear, girl. Ruth is right! Once your first hand is done, you can still WALK, can't you? Do you think you and I could maybe do a ten minute walk a day? huh? What do ya think?
Old 11-09-2004, 07:23 AM   #38  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Thank you Ellis! The tickers should go in both directions.

Den - I hope everything went well yesterday. And one bag of M&Ms isn't that bad. Just as long as it isn't one everyday.

I lost 4 pounds in the last few days, but wouldn't recommend it. I had the stomach flu. I would rather have kept the 4 pounds then spend a day with my head over the toilet.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:07 AM   #39  

HI!! Yesterday was the intake (code for FILL OUT PAPERWORK.) Everything was great. I didn't even have to give blood since they had the results from last Thursday! (Good thing since my arm is still bruised!) MY BLOOD SUGAR WAS NORMAL! Can't believe it!!

Ellis-I get kinda phobic about walking alone for some reason. We are buying an exercise bike this weekend though, and I can do that one handed if I go slow! (which I'm going to have to do anyway...I'm in lousy shape!!)

Squeak-Sorry to hear you were sick sweetie! Hope you are fully recovered by now. When I lose weight that way it NEVER stays off. I lose a couple of pounds and then my body rebounds even if I eat lightly.

I'm going to try to exercise and MAINTAIN weight after surgery. The kids will be helping me cook, and some of it will be convenience food (frozen Costco stuff!!)

Hope you all have a great day!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 08:56 AM   #40  
Come on Spring!

Now Den, you WILL be able to use that hand within a day or two of surgery. Put your wrist splint back on if you are worried about damaging it. And DO take your pain killers! Your body cannot heal when it is using its resources to fight pain.

I'm not in much because I'm in the midst of the week from **** with rehearsals but just had to pop in here while my tub runs. I intend to lie in the tub, drink coffee and run lines until the water chills.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:03 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Squeaker, so sorry about the tummy bug. That wasn't a pretty visual you painted. Glad that you are able to joke about it.

Dentrassi, I also don't like walking around alone, but love riding my bike outside. Now that its cold in the Motorcity, I have to limit myself to stationary biking. Sigh. Also, some of that Costco frozen stuff tastes GOOD and is super easy to prepare so your kids should be fine. AND the brighter the candy shells on M&Ms the more calories so you should only eat brown or black M&Ms.

I had a second date with the super cutie last night and it went quite well. We stayed in and watched a movie. He is a good kisser, so according to the Goddess, he is DEFINITELY not boyfriend material. 3rd date is scheduled for Saturday. We are going to a cabaret with my girlfriends so they get to give him the once over and form opinions. This should be interesting.

Tiki.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:12 AM   #42  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Squeaker - hope you are feeling better!

Den- good luck with your surgery.

tiki- you'll have to give us a full report on what your friends say about super cutie
Old 11-09-2004, 05:27 PM   #43  
Rattie Lover

WOOHOO Tiki...sounds like you had fun with more in store!!

Freaking & 's...Why do they make such things... I can eat one bag...one of those BIG bags that is...

Den, when is your surgery??

Hi, Squeak, Ruth, Ellis, Mauv, everyone!!
Old 11-10-2004, 12:13 PM   #44  

Ruth-SHH!!! DON'T TELL ANYONE!!! I have been telling the kids that I won't be able to do dishes for 6 months to a year...for EACH wrist!! DH will be leaving town for a convention 2 days after the surgery, and the boys need to learn this stuff ANYWAY. They really should be helping me more than they are already, so hopefully this is just the beginning!

Tiki-THANKS! No more orange M&Ms for me!! The weather here HAS been getting cold, hasn't it? Good to hear that your date was so much fun. That is one thing about parenting, it sure doesn't leave much time for fun!! You have to grab it when you can. I think we actually parent BETTER if we can get out for adult fun time once in a while! Hope the third date is fun! He must be a brave man to meet your friends this soon!!!

Mauvais-Thanks! How is the house coming? Has the euphoria worn off or are you still floating around on cloud nine?

Noodles-Nov. 16th. My Mom will be taking me. Between my Dad (one done, one left to go) and me (two to be done), she will be an expert at this by next summer!!!

Having a GREAT day here despite being sleepy!!!
Old 11-11-2004, 02:18 PM   #45  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentrassi
Ruth-SHH!!! DON'T TELL ANYONE!!! I have been telling the kids that I won't be able to do dishes for 6 months to a year...for EACH wrist!!

Heh Heh Heh...Clever, Dentrassi!!! I like this idea... I wonder if I could use it with my daughter after I have surgery...hmm....
Closed Thread