Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 07:30 PM   #31  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvaisroux
We are going to be in there on Saturday during the day prepping and painting if you want to drop by for a visit
You mean, like in my paint clothes, right?
Old 10-13-2004, 07:45 PM   #32  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvaisroux
Noodles - Sure, I will definitely be taking before and after pics!
YAY!! I can't wait to see it!! Sucha great warm fuzzy feeling...your first home. When you finally get the keys it makes all of the hassle to buy it worthwhile. Your OWN home....no more rent!! Yippie!!!

I'm happy and grateful today because I have the energy to weed through another 5-6 bins of junk. Got 3 done so far and priced...and 2 more bags to donate. Yay!!
Old 10-14-2004, 09:33 AM   #33  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

ellis- well now that you mention it.....naw, if you want to come over for a look see then you are more than welcome

We went by the house last night and you are right, you can see into each other's yards so I guess my plan to sunbathe nude during the summer is out

We have alot of patching, repairing and painting to do over the next week but it will be well worth it - I am happy and grateful to finally have my house
Old 10-15-2004, 08:08 PM   #34  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Mauvais-Unless you are an exhibitionist!!!

Okay, I rarely post here since I am SUCH A CRAB, but today is an exception. I am thrilled and happy and grateful that my family is healthy. Now looking forward to my surgery. Despite recovery time it should immediately improve my hand (they are numb all the time now to some extent...some days worse than others.)
Old 10-24-2004, 08:09 AM   #35  

I am happy and grateful that Dad's memorial party was so beautiful. And I'm grateful to have had such a wonderful father.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:37 PM   #36  
Rattie Lover

Awww Ellis, how sweet. I am happy for you too.

I am happy and grateful that I finally got over this damn flu bug and had enough energy to clean up the pigsty that my family refused to clean while I was sick. Now the house once again sparkles.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:13 PM   #37  

Thank you, Noodles... you're a sweetheart.
I'm glad you're feeling better!
Old 10-25-2004, 04:13 AM   #38  
Rattie Lover

I'm happy and grateful today because we have new neighbors next door...and they are a very sweet elderly couple!!! I'm gonna have to adopt them.

(Noodles LOVES old folks!!)
Old 10-25-2004, 11:00 AM   #39  

I am happy and grateful to finally own my own home.

I am happy and grateful that I have such great friends and a dad that helped me paint my place before we moved in

I am happy and grateful that I won't be moving again for a long, long time!
Old 10-25-2004, 04:25 PM   #40  
Rattie Lover

YAY MAUV!!!

Isn't it a nice feeling..owning your own home!!! It's like...Ahhhhhhhhhhh...I'm home!!

Congrats and post pics soon!!

I'm happy and grateful that the weather around here finally cooled down to the low 70s. The heat was just too much this year, for one that is having hot flashes all the time.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:21 PM   #41  
Pending Email Confirmation

I am having a hard time coming up with something. For those of you who don't know, my family is moving over seas without me. Halloween we are having Thanksgiving (Thanksoween if you will) and I really want to do something in the grateful theme. Like have everybody write something down or say something. But since I'm not in a very err... grateful and happy mood lately, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Perhaps a family Thanksgiving tradition you'd like to share? I want to do something special, I do... but I don't have the heart to think about it a whole lot or come up with anything (read: Lazy *LOL*) I want it to be special because I have a feeling it may be our last holiday together.
Thanks in advance for the help. I AM grateful that I can turn to these boards for inspiration and help and support from such wonderful people!
Old 11-01-2004, 09:44 AM   #42  

I think having everyone write something down and having each one read their thoughts out loud is nice.

Maybe saying a special prayer before supper would be good? I am not really good at this kind of stuff either
Old 11-01-2004, 12:20 PM   #43  

Hmmm... I'm not good at this, either.
What about a Thanksgiving scrapbook? You could fill it with photos, menu, memories ... stuff.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:02 PM   #44  

Great idea ellis!

Maybe you can copy some of the pics of previous holidays and make a scrapbook for the family to take overseas with them? I think that would be really nice.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:57 PM   #45  
Pending Email Confirmation

Those were some good ideas. Thanks a lot. We had a nice time, we just watched some movies and ate dinner and ignored the elephant in the room completely. So it worked out fine. I was thinking about putting together a little scrap book for them of the holidays, but everything gets ruined with the humidity and buggies down there it may not even be worth the effort.

BTW, I am greatful for my Alternachick buddies for all their helpful suggestions and great conversations!
Closed Thread