Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 06:40 AM   #31  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica

I'm back from my wonderful two weeks in Europe. It was amazing! The villages of Oxfordshire are fantastic and old and beautiful but the people are the most heartwarming part.
Jessica - I'm so glad you had a good trip. I'd meant to suggest taking a jumper before you went but you'd gone before I got round to it! I spent a large part of my childhood in an Oxfordshire village so I'm very pleased that the people treated you well!

How's the 'all the family eating together' idea going? Or are you still drawing breath after the journey?

Silverbirch.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:25 AM   #32  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Silverbirch -

Going to Britain (especially Oxfordshire) instilled the "eating together" idea even more! They hardly eat out at all and because we were hosted by a number of families there, I got to see first hand how much it is a part of their daily life. Can I gush some more here about how cool that was?!? I got to partake in REAL strawberries and cream as a dessert, homemade vegetarian lasagna, meat pie (yum!), and my favorite part of the day, tea time!

The day after I landed, I made a true sit down meal. Roasted chicken with banana squash. The Cute Boyfriend and I were very jet lagged, so there wasn't much conversation. The next day, we ate the leftover (we never do that!) and some mushroom risotto and zucchini. I even used some of the chicken in the salad I took to work!

More stuff that will make you chuckle: I picked out a scone recipe to try to make this weekend and the Cute Boyfriend went to the "British Store" to pick up some clotted cream. I've already looked at the nutritional information (yikes!), so it will have to be a treat.

Yesterday, our conversation over dinner consisted of his research in looking for a place to work and live in Whitney. I guess he was a bit awestruck by the experience too.

Jess
Old 07-02-2004, 05:04 PM   #33  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Jessica - Glad you had such a good time!

Heather - I hope it is a good busy!!
Old 07-02-2004, 06:26 PM   #34  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Glad you had such a good time Jessica! I'll be going in July to see my relatives and I can't wait!!
Old 07-03-2004, 09:39 AM   #35  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

If I couldn't live in Canada I would live in Glasgow, Scotland or in London, England

Hmmm....guess I better start the July thread
Closed Thread