Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 02:46 PM   #46  
Pending Email Confirmation

Mauv - that's a great thought. oh, and are you picking up the SBD cook book? If so, I'd like a review once you've looked it over, if you don't mind. It seems like maybe a good idea to pick it up, but I have a hard time spending 20 bucks on a book when I can pick up the recipes on the net.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:03 PM   #47  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Jen ( is that ok, or do your prefer Jennifer?) I could never do the rule of one , lol i collect books. hate getting rid of a single one.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:30 PM   #48  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yes I am picking up the SBD cookbook. I am a very tactile person and I have to have the book in my hands. I snuck a peek at it at lunch time today at Chapters but I am hoping it will be cheaper at Costco. What I saw I liked but if I pick it up tonight I will run through it and let you know what I think.

Heather-once in a while I have a book/magazine purge...I just don't have enough room in my apartment to keep all of them. I try to focus on collecting series that I like...Terry Pratchet, Susan Cooper, Marion Zimmerman Bradley (Mists of Avalon etc.)anything by Ray Bradbury
Old 04-15-2004, 12:41 PM   #49  

Mauv - I've been doing the same thing. Sadly enough, I just purged a ton of books that I've been dragging around since Elementary school and Junior High! WHY WHY WHY did I keep those? I've moved like 9 times since then and dragged them along with me.

People are so weird about things. I would love to just have one of those minimalist houses where all you see is a couch and a table, with nothing on it. But that I am afraid, is just a dream. Even if I could detach from all the crap... my husband never would be able to. Besides... those people must have crap piled up somewhere, right? Is it all in one big *** closet? *L*
Old 04-15-2004, 01:00 PM   #50  

Yes, and when you open that closet door it all falls out on your head!

At least there would be less dusting to do...my chotches are dust catchers..

I still have my Spanish books from grade 10 but have been using them lately to brush up
Old 04-15-2004, 01:39 PM   #51  

hehe. I have my German book too. I can't seem to get rid of some things no matter how hard I try. Which is why I'll never acheive my zen living room. At least not without have a chaos-theory bedroom. *L*

MIL used to work in one of those stores that sells nothing but figurines and crap and every single holiday we would get some damn thing or another. I am starting to get brave and get rid of some of it. I have bags of beanies and shelves of crap.. *L* But some of it is good, like my collection of fairies. But some of it has been really bad... like Noah's Ark book ends for out unborn children!! We're not even having kids!! I finally got rid of that last weekend. Ugh... guilt is a powerful master.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:41 PM   #52  

Grrr! as I wrote in the bite me thread today Costo did not have the book. I picked it up today at Chapters....it was on sale for 30% off and I got an extra 10% off with my Irewards card so it only came to $23.71 with the tax.

Not too bad since the cover price in Canada is $36.95 before the tax is added!

I will have a look at it when I get home from work and will let you know what I think.

Following up on the "one in -one out" theory.... I have a couple of low fat cookbooks and acouple of WW ones that I rarely use so I may either try to sell them at my WW class or donate them to the public library. Then again I do know a couple of friends doing WW so I might just give them to my girlfriends.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:40 AM   #53  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

actually used all the attachments on my vacumn and got all around the dustboards, fans , walls and various spider webs. a few more spring cleaning days and i think i am about spring cleaned.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:52 AM   #54  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm taking a big bag of Shape magazines to the gym. And I've been shop-vaccuming my house. It's very satisfying.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:18 AM   #55  
In Control: E+R=O

Oh what a great thread!! My whole house needs cleaning and organizing, I swear it's been YEARS since I've done any major tossing of anything! I still have books and notes from college classes, and I graduated in 1981! One room at a time, I plan to go through my entire house this summer (including garage).

To start off though, my big accomplishment for this weekend was outside....cleaning up a winter's worth of doggie doo in the backyard. Ewwww! We had so much snow this winter that I couldn't clean most of it up throughout the winter because it snowed and buried it almost every day. Then we had such a wet spring so far that my back yard was like a swamp until just recently. But it's all done now, and looks great!
Old 04-18-2004, 09:20 AM   #56  

Way to go Sweepers!

I will be tackling some of my books today and underneath the cupboard under the bathroom sink
Old 04-18-2004, 09:21 AM   #57  

Crap, Twodog! You mean I'm supposed to throw out my college notes from (yes! for me, too!) 1981!?!? What a great idea.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:29 PM   #58  

Whoohoo! Flung some more cookbooks and magazines
Old 05-02-2004, 10:49 PM   #59  

Flung another bag of garbage while spring cleaning today
Old 05-03-2004, 12:27 AM   #60  

Threw out a TON of stuff from the basement.
Closed Thread