Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 11:30 PM   #286  
WW Moderator

This has to be the longest running thread I've ever posted on....

Anyway, I must be a crap dresser, because today I was at work for 2 hours, then went to Walgreens AND Blockbuster before I or anyone else noticed that my blouse was inside out. I've got a broomstick blouse on that has cross lace things under and between the boobs and I see faded seams sticking up at me at the cash register... I got back to work and as soon as I walk in, a friend says "uhhhhhhhhhh....did you go home for a quickie?" while looking at a tag hanging off the side of my hip. I said no, just didn't pay attention this morning! Now I talked to many people today and nobody said Excuse me, did you know your 22/24 tag is popping out of your neckline? OR Did you know that your seams are sticking up on your shoulders like ruffles??
Old 09-25-2003, 07:34 AM   #287  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Jennifer I put a call in to Fashion 911 for you- you should hear the sirens sometime soon!
Old 09-25-2003, 09:25 AM   #288  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Don't fret Jen...I did the exact same thing about a week or two ago...although I didn't go out and to the store...
I did wear it for a couple of hours before I noticed though!
Aphil
Old 09-25-2003, 09:31 AM   #289  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I went to Church once with a black bra under a white silk blouse. Another time I had a near miss with a black half slip and no black skirt over it. Luckily I went to the car wash on my way to work and noticed it!
Old 09-25-2003, 12:18 PM   #290  
Searching

I will eventually come to the point in my week where my clean bra is the hot pink one, if I got to work that day, everybody will know it. Overall though I think alot of people are too self absorbed to notice others and when I do I find my attention often focusing on their shoes, how bad is that?

Miss Chrus
Old 09-25-2003, 04:32 PM   #291  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yeah well, I just realized halway through the day that you can see my bra through the lacy bit at the front of the shirt I am currently wearing! oh well, at least they are both black so it is not too obvious

Ruthxxx- I have almost left the house a few times fully dressed complete with slip and no skirt

Ro- I notice shoes too! But then I am a self confessed shoe junkie so checking out people's shoes is nothing unusual for me
Old 09-25-2003, 04:35 PM   #292  
Searching

Talking SHOES!

You don't know how bad I wanted to buy my "Irish fling" a pair of cowboy boots to go with his hat. Loafers are just not right with cowboy hats, plus it lead to my first general impression of him (that he was gay! LOL!)

Miss Chris
Old 09-25-2003, 05:49 PM   #293  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I'm a shoe junkie when I'm out and about but when I come to work, I have two pairs: the black pair and the other black pair. I keep them until they fall apart and the sole is flopping around. It's really bad but I've always had this attitude that most of my shoes get worn out from wearing them to work... so I don't care what I wear there. Sad, I know.

Today, I looked down at my blue shirt and I have toothpaste splotches from this morning. (I have a sonicare and when you take it out of your mouth, toothpaste goes everywhere - you'd think I would learn to turn it off first!)
Old 09-25-2003, 06:24 PM   #294  
Come on Spring!

Never mind, Jessica, I always have oil stains on my boobs that don't come out in the wash. The don't show to me but people do notice...right, Ellis!
Old 09-25-2003, 09:09 PM   #295  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Me too Ruth!! The thing is they don't show up in indoor lighting, but as soon as you step outside they are like neon signs!!!
Old 09-26-2003, 12:20 AM   #296  
Work in Progress

A very Christian friend of my got married two years ago and I was her maid of honor. She is very conservative, I had to cover my small dolphin tatoo so that her family wouldn't freak out.

We all went to buy slips to wear under our dresses, but one of the gals went to the shop and insisted that we not need them. So, her morning wedding and we are all dressed and we walk outside in the bright sunlight and surer than s**t you could see right through the dresses. We ran over to the photographer and let him know the dilemna and he spent the entire wedding (they took over 10 rolls of film...never in my life had I have to sit for so many pictures and I have been a a LOT of weddings).

Thank God she really was wrapped up in her special day and she never knew......boy were we embarassed, and couldn't be upset with the gal, she felt SO bad.

-rb
Old 09-26-2003, 01:09 AM   #297  
Canadian, eh?

I once showed up for work on New Year's day (after a very late night and way too many drinkies) with my fluffy pink slippers to set off my lovely white uniform.

BTW Ruth and Den, is it therapeutic to oil one's boobs??
Old 09-26-2003, 08:01 PM   #298  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Merrylegs-YES!! They glisten nicely, and if you use a tasty oil you can snack on them later.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:11 AM   #299  
Come on Spring!

Sesame oil is great - especially when applied by an oriental pool boy! (You just had to ask, didn't you, Merrylegs!) LMAO
Old 09-27-2003, 10:24 AM   #300  
Searching

Where do I get one of those? or do they just come with the retirement package???

How about nails ladies? I am walking around with chipped nail polish and one fingernail that is longer than the rest, you think the fashion police will come and get me?

Miss Chris
Closed Thread