Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 12:10 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey-I don't care what people say...a pair of Birkenstocks in the fall and winter with a pair of big fluffy hiking socks is heaven...my feet actually stay warmer with them like that than if I wore regular socks and athletic shoes or boots. Long live Birkies!!!!
Old 10-13-2003, 12:38 PM   #332  
Work in Progress

Hey,
I remember reading an article where they said that sandals, wearing white and other fashion faux paus have been relaxed.

I remember them saying, especially in warmer weather climates (here in So. California we were sandals and open toed shoes year round)--but Aphil, I don't believe there have been any contingencies for socks and birkies...although I love them myself.

It was so warm here yesterday, I was in shorts and sweats last night....odd weather. But remember in my world...the world of size 00 and where they have binging stalls and mouthwash in public bathrooms, skimpy clothes are worn year round.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:25 PM   #333  
Searching

What about when your feet get wet Aphil. I have a hard time in winter justifying any shoes that aren't boots cause I depise wet feet.

Dyed my hair yesterday and I think it is dead. I let my SIL choose the colour and I am Marilyn Monroe white. Feckin Q-Tip white. I don't even think its right for winter.

Miss Chris
Old 10-13-2003, 04:53 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

As far as the wet feet...I won't wear them immediately immediately after a heavy snowstorm, but once the driveways, parking lots, etc. are shoveled clear-I don't usually have a problem. Also, a lot of the hiking socks and socks meant for outdoor use are synthetic materials-unlike regular cotton socks for regular wear, so they actual have some water repellant qualities. If they do tend to get damp-since they are open they actually dry faster than say-if you stepped into a huge puddle in your sneakers.
Aphil
Old 10-13-2003, 05:19 PM   #335  
the kid's counting on me!

Aphil...I'm moved by your devotion to your birks...it's admirable.
I also wait for shoveling to have happened...and I have some really cute boots too...very...um...butchy...I was going to use another word...one that begins with a d... but, I abstained...

nothing like a cute girl in some heavy, black leather, lace-up hiking boots with a heavy lug sole... of course the rest of her has to be sweet and girlie...that's what makes it so irresistable...the androgyny...okay, I'm signing off before I get booted...opps...pardon the pun...

I'm not signing this because then no one will know I wrote it...
Love,
very anonymous...
Old 10-13-2003, 11:59 PM   #336  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Soozie -

I can't do the birks/socks here. It goes down to -50 with the windchill sometimes and it is also damp quite often in the winter. I get cold very easily and I also walk to work so my feet would freeze off!
Old 10-14-2003, 08:07 AM   #337  

Height: 5'-2"

Thank goodness I don't have as far to go as you do, Mauvais. I'm with Aphil. Once the snow is cleared from the sidewalks I just walk my son to school in my Birks and then scurry home.
My Birkenstocks are a lifesaver. I used to be in SO much pain with my feet.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:40 AM   #338  
Searching

Watching HSN this morning. The clothes are absolutely hideous! Send out the fashion police ASAP!

Did have a cute pair of boots, but I have gotten out of the habit of wearing highheels and my shins hurt awful when I wear them. Is this an old lady thing or a person that walks 10-15K steps a day thing?
Miss Chris
Old 10-14-2003, 09:18 AM   #339  
Imagine...

I have never seen anything on that channel that didn't look old ladyish, ugly old lady at that
Old 10-14-2003, 10:09 AM   #340  

I wore huge platforms and high heels as a kid...teenager...but, I gave all of that up. I can't wear heels now...have a problem with a metatarsil...(sp?)
but, I don't really miss them...I like comfort...I won't buy shoes that don't feel good so that rules out alot...tho, as I said the styles right now include many comfy shoes which i love.

Mauvais...I'm sure that you have some heavy duty boots, don't you?
if not, you should...

I used to love wearing my flowing denim blue skirt that had bleach spilled on it so it looked semi-tie-dyed and had some holes in it where the bleach ate thru and my black cotton shirt that closed in the front with twenty pairs of little hook and eyes, and of course underneath a black stretchy camisole or a black corset, ala Madonna and my heavy black boots...loved that look, skirt and motorcycle boots...

reminds me of you talking about the little goth kids and how they look at you Mauvais...as you transition from the nice neighbor lady into a dark diva of the night...don't know if I could still pull off the funky look I used to relish in my youth...but, I'm up for trying.

Take care girlies...
talk to you soon and say a little prayer for me tomorrow.
Thank you!!
Soozie
Old 10-14-2003, 12:00 PM   #341  
Work in Progress

Soozie,
You reminded me of the party girl days....the 80's where leather and lace, bustiers, lots of bangles and big Big BIG hair surrounded and of course tall boots, almost thigh high with buckles on the side.....

This was post marriage, pre and during marriage I was a hippie girl, birkies, cotton and long flowing Indian skirts.....

Now, I wear cotton comisoles that mimic bustier's (and not as revelaing), nice above knee skirts and designer (I love MIA and Massimo) shoes that I buy from the discount outlets! (I also love the birkies as well!!) and complimentary jackets that cover all sins!!

Fashion, something that the more weight I lose, the more I have interest in !!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 08:48 PM   #342  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yup Sooze, I do have some kickass bo0ts -several pairs of them I might add I only like wearing sandals in summer or boots during the rest of the year - I really don't like dressy shoes as I have trouble walking in them - ankle boots or knee high boots are way more comfy and functional.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:24 AM   #343  

I knew it!
Closed Thread