Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 01:49 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

rofl, you said it, Mauv!

And welcome back, Gypsy! Don't beat yourself up about falling off the wagon... it'll only make it harder to get back on. You can't change yesterday - but you CAN change tomorrow!
Old 06-18-2003, 05:38 PM   #17  
Pending Email Confirmation

Thanks so much for the support guys. I actually got offline and made a list after reading that yesterday, and I am trying to make some mini-goals and remind myself of reasons why I want to lose the weight. And there are some good reasons too...
I guess I am going to have to face reality that I will either need to buck up and do stuff I don't want to do or keep living the way I am now and turn into my mother more and more each day.
I don't know what I am waiting for, really. I was doing good for like - 15 mintues and then I went back to my laziness.
I am going to have to search for something that motivates me to do this. What motivates you guys??

btw- i have a pic on my fridge already. and it's funny cause i remember when we got the pic back and i thought how fat i looked and now i want to be that size, or maybe even a little bigger. *L*
Old 06-18-2003, 07:26 PM   #18  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

What motivates me?

1) I don't want to end up with weight related health issues when I get older.

2) I want to feel fit and healthy.

3) I want to age well - look good, feel good and lead an active life.

4) I want to feel comfortable and confident in the clothes I am wearing.

Now for the shallow ones.....

1) I want to be able to buy clothes in any store I want to.

2) I want to look good in a bathing suit this summer

3) I want to feel like I've still got "it"

4) I want other men to say to my DH "Wow! THAT'S your wife?!?
Old 06-18-2003, 08:21 PM   #19  

Here are my motivations:

1. To be one of those lean, muscular, HAPPY looking 80-something women you see sometimes in Runners World magazine - only I'll be walking a lot and running just a little!

2. I want to stay healthy and do all the things I want to do (related to above).

3. I want to set a great example for my daughters.

4. I want to wear clothes because they look good on me, enhance me not to hide in.

5. To feel confident when I go out and around other people.

6. To not cringe at the sight of a camera or videocam coming out aimed in my direction!

7. So I can deal with my father/my family with confidence & feeling empowered, not defensive!

Lidian
Old 06-18-2003, 09:23 PM   #20  

Height: 5'-2"

Man, I'm like, totally confused. Isn't this Pigs Anon?

I've come to make a confession. I have been a very bad pig, and have eaten a small bag of Tostidos. My first chips in almost 3 weeks. I am so ashamed.

Lizzi, I missed your original post. Aren't these girls just so wonderfully supportive!? I love all of you. And I'm so glad that you're facing your situation and doing something about it. Hang in there, hon.

I have a long list of motivators, but the most recent one is the thought of my sweet Dad having a triple bypass this summer. Imagining it happening to me. Having my ribcage opened up. shudder. Sort of makes me queazy.

And I want to look great as I'm aging. I'm enjoying the aging process (well, I'm enjoying gaining wisdom, confidence, etc.) and don't even mind the wrinkles, but I want to look the best I can for whatever age I'm at. I want to look healthy and vibrant. And natural. I don't want to be some Joan Collins type trying to conceal my age.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:09 PM   #21  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I have been a huge the last few days. No real good reason. Just not having a good time.

Ok that's not completely true - the one time I was having fun, I got to have dinner with a friend I haven't seen in 2 years.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:41 PM   #22  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! I'm glad you posted, Squeak. We were getting of topic - again! I was starting to think of something to pig out on so I could come in here and post and read all the motivational stuff.

So give us the gory details of the dinner. I live vicariously.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:36 AM   #23  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Um, lets see. This week has included - garlic pan bread with cheese, potato skins, cheesecake, chicken strips with wing sauce, chinese buffet, ice cream cake, 2 Tim's donuts, and a few timbits, McD's for breakfast twice, and tomorrow I have a wedding to go to, and Sunday a picnic.

I am pretty sure that temporary pound I picked up because of TOM is now more permenant.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:54 AM   #24  

Uh... yeah, I'd say so.
Gee, that sounds good...
Old 06-20-2003, 12:36 PM   #25  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

YOU"RE MAKING ME HUNGRY AGAIN!!!! (Still?!?)
Old 06-21-2003, 10:15 AM   #26  

President's Choice (the Loblaws store brand, for you non-Canadians!) has a new rice chip out - thin and just like a potato chip. I had a LOT of the sour cream and onion ones last night. And a chocolate mint. Burp!

Lidian
Old 06-21-2003, 09:13 PM   #27  
Searching

I have an entire package of chocolate oreos and the guys want to order pizza later. I am excercising, but nothing is going to keep up with my oinkhood!

Miss Chris
Old 06-24-2003, 12:39 PM   #28  

No more chocolate mints in the house, thank goodness (or rather not, as they are in my stomach getting ready to transform into subcutaneous FAT). So I can get back on the straight and narrow. Yup, why not!

And they were really BAD chocolate mints too! Why do I eat them when they are cheap and terrible? (Cuz they are in the house, that is why)

Lidian
Old 06-25-2003, 11:07 PM   #29  

Oh curses.
I ate 3 "real" popsicles (creamsicles). They were high fat, high sugar. They were SO sweet, but I ate them anyhow.
And I ate 6 shrimp rolls with peanut sauce.
curses.
I only ate one pistachio, though!
Old 06-25-2003, 11:10 PM   #30  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Hey Ellis!! That's the heat speaking. Buy some sugar free thingies, 'cause in this heat even THOSE will taste good!!! (Congrats on the 1 pistachio by the way...you KNOW that I couldn't do that!!!)
Closed Thread