Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 08:12 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I got up this morning and did my bellydance fitness tape for buns, hips and thighs...then I am doing my usual walk to work and then walking to my WW meeting tonight and then a walk home again.

And to think I used to sit on my butt and watch t.v. on Monday nights

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 06-16-2003 at 08:17 AM.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:54 AM   #2  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Ellis - (ok so this was in the old thread, but close enough) very funny. I thought it was bizarre too. Are you still doing the yoga? How is it? I am thinking of trying it...

Mauvais - All your work Sunday definately counts as exercise!

Wildfire - Very cool workout on your free day.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:34 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Worked out at the Y this morning!!

Good for you, Mauvais! You're really sticking to your early morning exercise plan!!

Squeak, I'm not taking yoga right now, but I'm going to sign up for it again very soon. My sister is TERRIBLY stressed right now (teacher), and she's in a lot pain from tense back/shoulder/neck muscles. We're going to do it together... and probably my DD again, too.
I hope if you try it that you like it. It is SO relaxing.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:01 PM   #4  

up at 6 am to do Pilates....am I crazy or what?
Old 06-17-2003, 08:25 PM   #5  
Hot Stuff

Mauvais, almost as crazy as me! I'm up anywhere from 4:45 to 5:15 am to work out. It's a good thing, though....your brain doesn't catch on until you're almost finished!
Old 06-18-2003, 01:58 AM   #6  

Wink I wish we'd all get prizes

I did NOT get up at 5 or 6 am... (though I stayed up until 3:30 am... if that matters)... I dragged myself out of bed around 10, then actually got my rear end on the stationery bike. Someone on the Travel Network was talking about the posh Waldorf Astoria, so it was interesting enough I actually managed 30 minutes. It seems laughable to me (on one hand) that I think this puts me on par with Mother Teresa or Gandhi. On the other hand, it's the first purposeful exercise I've done in many weeks.
I'm going to find my belly dance tapes as well as the Callanetics video.
Good going y'all. (Hey, I'm in Texas. That's pretty much how we talk.)
Old 06-18-2003, 07:07 AM   #7  

Hi Painterwoman and welcome! Well you may not achieve sainthood but at least you have started to exercise

Yeah Wildfire, crazy me I have found that this is the only time that I really have time to exercise. I was trying to do it in the evening but by the time I get home from work I am too tired, can't be bothered or something more interesting turns up
Old 06-18-2003, 07:30 AM   #8  

Welcome, PainterWoman!
Congratulations on the exercise!!

I'm going to the gym this morning. I SO do not feel like it. I want to stay home with a pot of coffee and a book. And a big bag of Doritos. And a bag of Bridge Mixture. And a big box of Laura Secord chocolates. And a loaf of bread. With butter.
Sigh... better go before I lose it...
Old 06-18-2003, 12:13 PM   #9  

Did some yoga this morning then walked to work as usual.

I am planning to take a nice stroll around the market at lunch time- get some sun and some fresh air

Ellis- get your heiney to that gym!! It will probably make you forget your cravings - just make sure you drink enough water
so you don't get dehydrated, it's pretty warm out there today.

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 06-18-2003 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:39 PM   #10  

Thanks, Mauvais...
I had a very good workout, and am drinking lots of water.

Make sure you've got your hat and your sunscreen on... don't want to ruin that beautiful skin...
Old 06-18-2003, 02:41 PM   #11  

Yup! I have my hat and sunscreen 30+ although I have notice that I have a little color on my chest despite the sunscreen!

I am now off-white instead of stark white!
Old 06-18-2003, 05:28 PM   #12  
Pending Email Confirmation

sigh. i tried to exercise today. i really did. not very hard though. *Lol*
I walk to and from work every day about .5 miles, and then stand and walk around and my crappy retail job all day. But I got on the treadmill for like 3 minutes and my knees were killing me! I need to find something else to do. I'm bored. and poor. *L*

So, you guys who do belly dancing.. how hard is it? can someone who is large and somewhat in pain do it? Like, I have some exercise videos but mostly I can't keep up with them, they move to fast... Belly dancing seems intriguing to me though.

Most of the stuff I try causes me pain. Taebo about killed my knees. I do walk away the pounds but it's so boring, and its almost TOO slow.

anyway, maybe i'll try to do more tomorrow. it's a start anyway.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:33 PM   #13  
Hot Stuff

Upper Body workout this morning at 5am. I'm gonna have killer biceps when I finish this challenge in 11 more weeks!

Hehehe...I keep telling DH I'm gonna kick his @ss when this is done.

Ellis, good for you for not giving in to coffee, chocolate, Doritos, bridge mixture, bread, and butter!
Old 06-18-2003, 07:07 PM   #14  

Way to go Ellis and Wildfire

Lizziness- hey, you at least made an attempt to exercise I know what you mean about your knees. I worked in retail for several years and being on your feet all day is not fun

I have been taking Belly dancing classes for a few years now and I haven't had any problems with my knees. I can't do aerobics or run for long distances because of one of my knees - been like that since grade 6 Belly dancing is fun and there are women of all ages and sizes doing it. You don't need any special gear or equipment to do it and there are video tapes available so you can do it at home.

There is a thread on Belly dancing on the exercise forum and you will find some suggestions on video tapes there courtesy of Aphil.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:43 PM   #15  

Lizziness, don't you give up, girl! Even 3 minutes is an accomplishment! Baby steps, okay? Every little bit gets you one step closer to a better heart, a better body, and a whole better you! Your knees hurt because they're not used to being used so much. It's a vicious cycle... use 'em or lose 'em. One thing... make sure you've got good shoes! They can make all the difference.
Keep it up, sweetie... you're doing GREAT!!

Wildfire/Miss Biceps, good for you! :clap: I accidentally gave in to a small bag of Tostidos. damn.

Mauvais, it's SO hard to keep the sun off of your chest, isn't it!? I always forget to put sunscreen there (thinking that my big head will provide it with enough shade. ) , and the skin there is NOT looking too good.
Closed Thread