Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 08:42 AM   #46  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Ok, ok Ellis, so you can't rest a box on them. Trust me it works.

Den - I will continue to keep my fingers (but not my boobs) crossed for DH. And I thought the idea of sticking the phone somewhere else was amusing.

Hi to the rest of the Chickies!!!
Old 06-06-2003, 09:17 AM   #47  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ah, yes, but imagine the looks you would get from other people if you were out shopping somewhere and your boobs stated spontaneously vibrating-
Old 06-06-2003, 10:19 AM   #48  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm on my way to the new psychologist with DD to see if she needs meds...
Old 06-06-2003, 12:29 PM   #49  

Hugs to you both Ellis - hope everything goes OK. Please let us know - love, Lidian
Old 06-06-2003, 01:29 PM   #50  

Thank you sweet Lidian... it went really well. Sounds like she may need them, but we have to have a family/family physician meeting first...
Old 06-06-2003, 01:35 PM   #51  

Glad it went well. One step at a time...Thanks for letting us know.

Lidian
Old 06-06-2003, 03:28 PM   #52  

Glad to hear that the meeting went well
Old 06-06-2003, 09:03 PM   #53  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

lots of hugs to Ellis & DD. I am glad the meeting went well.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:00 PM   #54  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ellis-I wish you all the best in making that decision sweetie. Deciding to put your kids on meds is not easy, but it is necessary sometimes. Our DS (younger) has been helped a lot by them, as you know. It just about ripped me apart having to put him on them even though I know how much they have helped me. But they really have helped him. This is just such a rough age for them ANYWAY, and when they are dealing with depression or anxiety on top of it, it can really be bad. I'm thinking of you all and sending you all lots of love. Your DD is a great kid, and you and DH are great parents. I KNOW everything will be okay, even if it feels difficult now. (Doesn't it seem like the good, kind-hearted kids suffer the most?)

My DH was sick a few weeks back, and still had a small cough lingering, so I finally made him go to the doctor today. He was running a fever and the doctor says he has bronchitis!! Didn't see THAT coming!! His lungs are really long, and he has a tendency to get bronchitis and pneumonia because of it. He can't get his lungs cleared out well enough when he is sick. When they x-ray his lungs they need two sheets to get it all!!! (Kinda like my boobs when I get a mammogram... OKAY, I HAD to work them in SOMEHOW!!!)
Old 06-07-2003, 07:31 AM   #55  

Thank you Lidian, Mauvais and Squeak.
You are all such dears...
So often I find that I tell you girls my troubles and victories before I've even told my "real-life friends". You are very special to me. (Ruth, where the **** are you? snicker)

Den, shall I ignore you again?
Thank you for your support, sweetie.
I know how much you've been through with your DS... you've had such a trial.
You've said it all...
This is just the worst age for them, and if we can get her through this stage, things should go a LITTLE more smoothly for her in the future.
Yeah... the good, kind-hearted ones suffer the most. Look at US!!

I'm so sorry about your DH, but glad they found out what's wrong. He'll soon get better with medication. (long lungs and long boobs, huh? Sort of makes me feel all queasy inside. )

Old 06-07-2003, 07:47 AM   #56  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, Den - quit bragging! A 42 LONG!

Ellis, I am sure the meds will help Miss M but the best thing she has going for her is two loving parents!

Shitty looking morning but it's not raining so I am off to the garden. I'm not singing Hi-Ho like Miss Chris - just going to DO it!
Old 06-07-2003, 07:52 AM   #57  

Thank you my sweet Ruth. I have just written in your journal, and am off with my friend Jim to shop for more plants. (never have enough)
Have fun in your garden!!
Old 06-07-2003, 08:35 AM   #58  

Good Morning everyone

I got a bathing suit last night! I was trying to stay away from basic black but oh well

It is a racing type one-piece suit that is black but there are three triangular shaped accents in silver and bronze that run across the stomache area in sort of a geometric -modern looking pattern.

It actually makes my hips look thinner and fits well in the butt -yay

Trying on all those suits made me want to focus my exercise efforts on my butt and thigh areas though - gotta win the lottery so I can afford some lipo!
Old 06-07-2003, 12:44 PM   #59  

Ellis, your DD is so lucky that she has such wonderful & caring parents - that is the foundation of it all.

Den, thank goodness your DH finally went to the Dr...Hope he is feeling better very soon. Funny how guys don't really think of going...maybe it is related to not liking to ask directions in the car.

Mauvais, that bathing suit sounds great. Racing backs are essential for me - I need total peace of mind that everything is going to stay in and up (as much as is possible!). And as much Lycra as they can give me!

Lidian
Old 06-08-2003, 12:15 AM   #60  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ruth-WOW!! I'm impressed!! I'm just a 40 long!!!!

Lidian-YUP!! I had to REMIND him that he has been complaining of feeling dizzy lately too!! I made him write it all down so he'd tell the doctor everything. Sounds strange, but he is EXACTLY like the stereotype of the absent minded professor. BRILLIANT, but he'd forget to eat if I didn't make him!!! (Which can be ANNOYING, let me tell you!!!)

Mauvais-WOW!! You are SO brave. I haven't owned a suit in years, and I'm too chicken to go shopping for one.

Ellis-Too much "excitement" lately. I hope that for the summer you can just putter around the garden and enjoy yourself!!!
Closed Thread