Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 07:53 PM   #91  

Yeah, Timbits are great...the ultimate road-trip treat for the DDs, especially the chocolate ones. And guess who has to hold the big box on her lap?! Talk about Pigs Anonymous! (I probably should put this on the PA thread, I know!). Tim makes a lovely cup of coffee too. I like all those frosty mocchachino 500 calorie slurpy drinks as well...yum yum!

Lidian
Old 06-13-2003, 07:59 PM   #92  

Height: 5'-2"

The chocolate sour cream ones are the best!
Old 06-13-2003, 08:07 PM   #93  
Hot Stuff

Mmmmmm.....donuts....

Mauvais, glad you enjoyed the concert. I like Ozzy, I think maybe the show plays up his mumbling, shuffling, incoherent old man performance. Glad to hear he still has it in him!
Old 06-14-2003, 06:38 PM   #94  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Hi everyone...not even gonna go back and read all the missed threads. I do not have that much time. My life is in ****. I have allowed my FIL and his son-i-l move in for a few monthes. They are all transfering out this way and until they have enough $. Ah...I keep telling myself I am filling my karma meter.

Chris and I trying for baby # 4 next month. Think girl thoughts for me okay? There isn't a lot to tell really. Dieting has not been on my mind. Only surviving summer. Children, heat and inlaws...o my.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:22 PM   #95  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hey there alterna-chicks----as i was reading through i noticed that there are many canadians here----coooooooool----my cows are mostly americans but we do have one canadian living in germany!---my cool atlantic breeze is from the Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick-----i think it is a zone two for gardening!!! [well at least it feels like it]----basically,i have the furnace on tonight!!----anyway----let me just say----i can't live without Tim's coffee and the sour cream glazed timbits are my favourite!!oh yeah---it is so cold here that i keep my duvet on the bed all summer long.pathetic.you would think my rolls would keep me warm.
Old 06-14-2003, 09:13 PM   #96  

Bagzz... the Bay of Fundy!?! That's one of my most favorite places in the whole world! (not that I've been around much )
We drive down there every four or five years to get our "ocean fix".
We were going to go this year, but because my Dad's having surgery, we're going to stay closer to home. Hopefully next year...
We usually camp, but I've had my fill of camping, and I think we may B & B.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:39 PM   #97  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Hi all!!! I've been crazed lately, what with school ending, millions of social engagements, and DH GETTING A TENTATIVE OFFER (including salary offer!!) on that interview I have been moaning about so much!!! Next step: He has to meet with the board this coming Tuesday night. IF they approve his hire they will THEN do a background check to make sure he REALLY has the credentials, hasn't spent time in jail, and isn't some type of undesireable (THAT is the tricky one!!! ) SO, we are still nervous wrecks expecting the sky to open and a huge anvil to drop on our house, but it sure is looking good!!! (Don't want to jinx anything!!)

Ruth-What BEAUTIFUL peonies!!! We have some the same color, but not that big!!!

Bagzz-HI!! WELCOME TO THE NUTHOUSE!!!!!

Ellis-When is your Dad having surgery? We want to send him lots of good vibes (and you too!!) So keep us updated.

Flower-Sorry about the in-laws!!! Sending you lts of baby thoughts. You sure have more stamina than I do!! Some days i can barely handle two!!!

Tim Horton's-LOVE their coffee!! I am not even a doughnut person, but I LOVE their walnut sticks!!!

HI!! To Lidian, Mauvairoux, Squeak, and Wildfire!!!!!
Old 06-15-2003, 12:41 AM   #98  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I have yet to meet a Tim's donut I didn't like. I also love their hot chocolate!

WOOO HOOO Den & DH!!!
Old 06-15-2003, 06:43 AM   #99  

DEN! Congratulations!!! (again, heh heh) Next thing you know you'll be skinny and DRIPPING with diamonds!!!

I'm sure I told you about Dad. Either you're losing your mind or I'm losing mine. (no doubt it's YOU! )
Dad's surgery is slated for the second/third week in August. But he has to have a pre-op exam two weeks prior to that, and I'm just PRAYING that nothing goes wrong to prevent him having the surgery.

Flower... are you NUTS! Inlaws and another baby!?!?! Hang in there, hon... they'll be gone in no time, and you can really settle down and enjoy your house again.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:49 AM   #100  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

OMG! Inlaws. Thank the Lord mine are all dead!

Den, the future looks bright for you and DH. Diamonds? Pearls are more classy.

Hey Bagzz, lots of us Canuks in here so hang around. I love the Bay of Fundy too. In a previous incarnation I camped there a lot. Walking into Alma for lobster was my favourite thing.

By the way, what kind of cow are you? Holstein? My favourite is the Belted Galloway, probably because they look like Oreos.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:57 AM   #101  

I personally like the Canadien Cows. (sp?) They're a very intriguing colour.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:51 AM   #102  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

well!!!!!!! thanks for the welcome---i am a sort of cranky cow,with a big apron gut.my pasture over in "small groups" will be crabbin at me for talking to other 3fc's,but i like to annoy them whenever possible!---they would like you guys!!---ALMA!!!!---my dd17 just went camping this weekend with her girlfriends [end of year treat] and went horseback riding in Alma!!! and since it's in season,the lobster's good and cheap right now---shall i messenger some up to upper canada??!!---- a couple of girls from my group[here at 3fc's] came up to NB [one from Maine,one from Florida] and it was foggy the entire week----i can see the ocean from my house,but that week it was NOT to be viewed!!! unfortunate reality of coastal life!=-----enough about me----congratulations on all the excitement above and thanks again for the welcome [i'm off to timmy's for "coffee morning"!!]walnut crunch! mmmm
Old 06-15-2003, 04:37 PM   #103  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WOO HOO!!! Thanks All!! DH said I could be his "trophy wife" (after I called him a soon to be capitalist pig!!) I've never seen a 220 pound trophy wife, but hey, I was secretly pleased when he said it, despite despising that type!!! I'm just hoping we can now get in a plumber to fix the basement toilet. I'm sick of waiting for DS16 to finish grooming upstairs!!!!

Bagzz-Sounds BEAUTIFUL where you live!! You may have all of us coming to visit one day soon!! I have an apron gut too!!! (2 c-sections plus carrying the weight in my stomach=A MESS!!!)

Ruth-How about Diamonds AND pearls? (besides, who EVER said I was classy?!?) Or emeralds? I love emeralds!!!

Ellis-NOPE!! I knew he was HAVING surgery, but not when. What is a Canadien cow?

Squeak-AND their Mocha Cappuccino (the frozen one too...I want one NOW!!!)
Old 06-15-2003, 06:22 PM   #104  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome Bagzz- I've never been to New Brunswick but a girl I work with is originally from there...she makes it sound so beautiful!

Ellis- is a Canadien cow a French Canadian cow???? Do they say "le moo" ? Sorry something just made me think of a bugs bunnyesque cartoon about this

I love the honey glazed tim-bits and the sour cream glazed ones but my favorite doughnut is the Canadian Maple

Den- are you planning on becoming one of the vulgar nouveau riche? Keeping my fingers crossed for your DH

Flower- whew-baby and in-laws at the same time
Old 06-15-2003, 07:46 PM   #105  

I spelled it incorrectly, Den... it's, "Canadienne".
Mauvais, haven't you seen them at the Experimental Farm? They're a nice colour. Sort of bony, though.

http://www.crazyforcows.com/fow/fow19.shtml

We're pretty damned proud of our Canadian wares.

I'm actually not big on donuts (although, ****... I'll eat ANYTHING! I like that maple icing, too!), but have you ever had a potato donut!? Woof! VERY good! Ruth, I'll bet YOU'VE had them!
Closed Thread