Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 09:17 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Talking Alternachick chat - June 1+

Evening all

DH and I went to Canadian tire today just to pick up some gas for the bbq and came home with a 3 person swing seat for the balcony It is fabulous! We put it together this afternoon and it is very comfy, has an awning for shade and is big enough to curl up on. I can just see myself on a lazy Sunday afternoon lying there with a good book and some lemonade

I ate too much this weekend and I am not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow-hopefully I lost something or at least maintained last week's loss
Old 06-01-2003, 10:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone... I have been a little AWOL this week, started my new job... I am pretty run down after last night worked 3PM to 3AM didn't get home until 4 then had to wind down... BAH that is probably going to be my schedule after orientation, hope I get use to it. I swear guys, I think nurses eat the worst of anyone I have ever seen, they constantly have something in their mouths and are bringing in things to eat.. I have done good so far, hope I can hold true to myself. My problem is finding time to eat... I was up from 8AM until 4ish this morning and only ate a small quizno's sub for lunch about 2PM... I never had a chance to eat anything I barely got a bathroom break.

Well I hope everyone is doing good... I am checking in just not posting as much as normal, I haven't gotten my groove going yet. I had not been to the grocery in close to 2 weeks until this afternoon.... Only reason I really went then was because we were out of diet coke

Post soon,
Amy
176/168.5/135
Old 06-02-2003, 07:24 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Mauvais, your new swing/seat sounds SO cozy!!
Old 06-02-2003, 07:45 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I want one! We are going tot ake a trip to CT soon as we need new cushions for the deck chairs. Lucy ate the old ones last fall!

Anybody want to come to Brockville for 11 to work a damned Bingo? No takers? I thought you chicks were my friends!

Anyhow it IS sunny so I'm hoping to salvage a bit of the day out in the garden later.

Have a good Monday.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:02 AM   #5  

Lordy... bingo on a beautiful day like today! What a crock. Call in sick, Ruth.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:06 PM   #6  

It is a lovely 3 seater in forest green metal with aforest green, cream and beige checked cushion that came with it-very comfy and only $199.00.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:43 PM   #7  

Now all you need is the netting...
Old 06-02-2003, 12:46 PM   #8  

Yeah- gotta keep those pesky wasps away from me this summer as well as the misquitos
Old 06-02-2003, 10:09 PM   #9  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Mauvais-The swing seat sounds WONDERFUL!! I love those things....cozy and romantic!!

Amy-Hope the first day went well!!!

Ellis-Think the netting will keep out the cows too?

Ruth-How did the Bingo go? Or did you skip it? (I think that was a good idea!!)

DH had a call back, and is going to have a second interview for the job this week!! ALSO, it turns out they want to hire 2 people, so that increases the chances too. I really hope he gets it, he has worked so hard for so many years. I'm afraid it'll squash him if he doesn't get it. I'm trying to be reassuring, as he DOES keep getting closer and closer. This is the first time he has had a SECOND interview, so he is moving in the right direction even if THIS round doesn't make it. But MAN it would be great if this worked out.....
Old 06-03-2003, 07:17 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My boobs are crossed for your darling DH, Dentrassi. Want me to send him a picture?

We got to the damned Bingo yesterday to discover we had been double booked so we "graciously" gave it over to the other charity and went out to lunch at Swiss Chalet. I had salad and a chicken boob - no fries or drinks!

Today looks gorgeous so I am off to the garden after my 1/2 hour walk with Hershey to gt the newspaper for Harry.

Strut your stuff, Chickies!
Old 06-03-2003, 07:51 AM   #11  

Den-Keeping my fingers crossed for your hubby!
Old 06-03-2003, 08:18 AM   #12  

I am so sick of seeing that woman's belly button at the top of this page. It's practically obscene. And her hipbones... don't want to see those either. TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!

Den, my gosh... I'm so nervous... I'm saying lots (when one will do) of prayers for you and your sweet DH. xoxo

Ruth, I'm sure that Den is QUITE capable of showing her DH her OWN crossed boobs!
Too bad about the bingo. heh heh.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:10 PM   #13  

Boy- Ellis ventage is thine! That is a lot of dieter's rage you've got going
Old 06-03-2003, 01:44 PM   #14  
a brave new me...

Talking Summer...

I'm buying a hammock and putting it in the fragrance garden I'm busy planting. Lazy summer days swingning in the breeze... fighting off west nile virus mosquitos. I'm actually thinking of buying one of those mosquite nettings that are designed to go over beds (on the ring) and rigging it up over the hammock.
Old 06-03-2003, 07:35 PM   #15  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ruth-"I don't know whether I should be thankful or terrified." (Says DH) What technique do you use? Right over left or left over right? I could probably cross mine, but as my mother always used to say, "One of these days they're going to get stuck like that." (Glad that the bingo thing worked out!! snicker...)

Ellis and Mauvais-Thanks so much for all the prayers, finger and boob crossing!!! Maybe this time he'll get it!!!
Closed Thread