Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 10:44 AM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Talking chat March 24+

Well, last night was the third er trip in 5 weeks. We thought Grif had broken his arm, but he dislocated his elbow falling off his brothers bed. I think a broke arm would had been less painful as putting it back in place! OUCH!

I am going to eat. I am hungry. I can't believe I didn't loose anything even if I had only a small bowl of cherrios for dinner last night! UGH! I had planned a nice dinner. Go see my food diary. I was too tired and stressed to eat good after that. But I did pass up the urge to go eat Jack in the Box on the way home. That is a huge victory!

I don't know exactly what my plans are today. I know I am going to do the Yoga for dummies tape today. I need to go walking too. Didn't get it in yesterday. I have to do housework. The kitchen and dining room got done yesterday but the rest of the house is awful! I really should get out the hammer and nails and finish haning art work and knick knacks. No excuse, downstairs is finished painting. I might tackle my stenciling too. But knowing me, I will just get in my work out and I will end up playing in the garden!

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!
Old 03-24-2003, 04:12 PM   #2  
Must Shrink.

I had my teeth cleaned this morning, and survived that, and this afternoon I went to a candle workshop with a few other women I know. It's the tackiest candle I've ever seen. But fun to make...

My children were thrilled when they saw it after school, and we've agreed to burn it at easter. it's an easter-type candle.

the sun is shining, and I took my wicker chairs out to my kitchen porch, it gets lovely southern sunshine.

and I put the snow shovel in the shed, not AWAY, just out of sight.

i've been on-track for almost a week, the first time in ages and ages.

Lam
Old 03-25-2003, 02:46 PM   #3  
a brave new me...

Unhappy Ok...

Did anyone catch any of the "Miss USA" pageant last night? Here is my question... what must it be like going through life THAT beautiful? Do you think they just have the world at their feet? Do you think they are blissfully happy and confident? I'd like to say no, but I don't know. I mean, I would think that if I were gorgeous and had this amazing, perfect body... life would be considerably better. I would think that I would be more likely to get hired for better jobs and even get better grades in school. Or maybe not... would people not take you seriously?I wonder if they ever eat, or if they just have amazing genetics? Anyway, just wondering what it would be like to walk around in one of those bodies every day. I admit, I am pretty envious.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:11 PM   #4  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Sojo-
One of the saddest things I ever read was a study of women who lost a ton of weight and they were seriously depressed because they thought the world would change for them. They hung all their dreams on weight loss and was totally disappointed when their dreams didn't happen.

As for the question if beauty is related to happiness, I think of my STUNNING friend who would sit alone at the bar because men who too intimidated by her looks to approach her. The guys that would approach her were usually muscle bound, dumb thugs. She ended up marrying her very best friend, a huge engineering geek (scawny and all) mostly because he was smart and funny.

So ask yourself:
If you got hired based on your looks and not your talent, would you feel better?
If your "friends" were constantly complained about how you can't relate to anything because you're so beautiful, would you be happier when you went to bed?
If a person fell in love with your tight butt and great rack before you made him laugh, would you ever be able to trust him?
Old 03-25-2003, 04:49 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Sojo-they say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I watched the part of that show where they were all wearing the white outfits and introducing themselves. I didn't really find any of them to be that pretty in the face. They were just skinny. They all seemed to come out of the same two molds, one for blondes, one for brunettes- very few of them were interesting looking. But hey that's just my opinion since I don't find the stereotypical "beautiful girl" that appealing but DH said the same thing. He switched channels to WWF wrestling...he seems to find the women there more appealing-they are not perfect looking and are more curvy and athletic, I had to agree with him on that one Although the sexploitation on that show is another story
Old 03-25-2003, 05:21 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Umm, Sojo... apart from being shorter and chunkier, you ARE that beautiful!! If we put you on a rack, you'd fit right in. You have no need to be envious!

I love how everyone here is too diplomatic to talk about the Oscars.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:05 PM   #7  
you can call me flower

Mauv...Chris has a crush on Lita...Definately know how you feel! I don't think the beauty contestants are very pretty either... And no, being skinny and pretty doesn't make you happy. Accomplishing things makes you happy. Laughing makes you happy. Love makes you happy. Being fit takes accomplishment. Being skinny doesn't. They have the same problems we do...they just stress on other things like we do about the weight! Hugs Sojo!!! I wish we could wake up skinney and happy. But I know I am beautiful and deep down, I think you know you are too.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:57 PM   #8  
a brave new me...

Wink Oh my...

Ellis you completely crack me up! If you put me on a rack!!! I have actually been laughing out loud for the last couple minutes at that one.

Ok, I need to calm down here... still laughing. But really, I know that beauty does not bring happiness, thats not what I was suggesting. And I absolutely know that becoming thinner will not make my issues go away. But I"m wondering if life is just better when you look like that. And yes Ellis, I was pretty disgusted with the whole pageant thing... usually I NEVER watch these types of shows but for some reason this time I did. DH doesn't like that sort of thing either... which I find hard to believe but he is weird that way I guess.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:01 PM   #9  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

AT least with the Oscars there is SOME talent involved.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:16 PM   #10  

Actually, I can see the appeal in watching a pageant. It's like reading the National Enquirer. Total devious, trashy eye candy.
(no offense to anyone who reads it regularly... I envy you. Although it wouldn't be quite such a treat for me to read it often...)
Re: the Oscars... I was referring to the pro peace/war clash.
I admit to watching the Oscars just to see the outfits. I keep thinking about Catherine Zeta-Jones. My gosh, she looks GREAT!
Old 03-25-2003, 10:00 PM   #11  
you can call me flower

Ellis-I am gonna buy the next issue of the National Eq...just so I can see what everyone wore. I only like that part of the magazine!
Old 03-25-2003, 10:34 PM   #12  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Oh, Ellis... How shallow of you to watch the Oscars just for the outfits Why I would never do such a thing! I only watch it for the political intrigue and to see what pin/ribbon they are wearing to support the cause of the month in hollywood

I bet Halle Berry's husband was ready to break someone in half that night!

The best looking actresses were the 30 + ones who had curves ie: Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Nicole Kidman, Halle Berry, Susan Sarandon, and the very pregnant and absolutely radiant Catherine Zeta-Jones!

And if I were sixty something I would do Sean Connery

Michael Moore, what can we say I expected him to say something controversial but more along the lines of " we live in times that seem fictitious and we work to bring the truth to the public, blah, blah, blah" but boy did he rant! Every year there is one big political speech that crosses the line. He does do great films though. Interesting how Roman Polanski has an oustanding criminal charge on him but is not a "persona non grata" in Hollywood...

Geez Ellis you just had to lift the lid off my politically incorrect pandora's box of a big mouth
Old 03-25-2003, 11:02 PM   #13  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

For the first time in like 5 years, I went to bed before the Oscars were over. It kinda sucked.

As for the clothes - Everyone was beautiful. No one struck me as a "what was she thinking?".

I am so bummed Julianne Moore didn't win anything. She is so great, and yet, most people don't really know who she is.

Micheal Moore - I knew he was going to say something, it is just too bad he came off as an ***.

Loved Susan Sarandon's little flash of a peace sign. And I think Adrien Brody gave a wonderful, moving acceptance speech. (And loved his kiss to Halle Berry)

I am surprised, but glad Polanski won. From what I hear, it was a wonderful movie, and that is all he should be judged on, at least when it come to the Oscars. I want to see it, I just haven't been in the mood for a depressing movie.

The one thing that ticked me off the most, and has me wanting to boycott the Oscars is Original Song. Eminem and Oscar are 2 words that should have never appeared in the same sentence. Bono has more talent in his little toe. So does Paul Simon. I also thought the music from Chicago was well done. The only good thing was he wasn't there.
But U2 did perform, and sounded great. (And Bono looked just yummy, but that's besides the point...)

And I agree with Mauvais - I would do Sean Connery. And Denzel, who looked good too. And Bono, who I just normally call Mr. Hot Irish Man.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:56 PM   #14  

Mauvais...

I love Susan Sarandon. She's so cool. And Jack Nicolson is THE coolest.
And Kathy Bates. And Julianne Moore. Meryl Streep...

Why the heck did they let Jennifer Lopez up to speak?! Purely decorative. (that's not a compliment)

Michael Moore... if he'd held his tongue, I would have lost all respect for him. SOME of us have to cross the line. We can't all be diplomatic.

Michael and Kirk Douglas make me queasy. They both look like they're dead.

Steve Martin was good for the most part except for when he put his foot in his mouth. A couple of times.

Eminem. BLAH!!!
Old 03-26-2003, 08:29 AM   #15  
Must Shrink.

I'm totally out of this conversation! I've NEVER watched the oscars!

I can't see it all as real.

Guess I'm just not a hollywood type.

L
Closed Thread