Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-24-2005, 07:22 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Thursday March 24 chat

Morning Ladies!
DH is having some tum trauma so I have a few extra minutes this am
I realized something last night my binging wasn't just because of trigger foods. I was letting the neg atmosphere at work really get to me. And out of depression I was shovelling it in. Rather I was shovellign it down. I'm going to try to start nurturing me even in my grey cube farm. After a good Cry and lots of wheezing b/c I had no voice yesterday. I felt better and clearer and I think I'm going to start seeing DH's shrink. Also GYn Next week hopefully to fix my wacked out hormones. Gott run and get my crap together.
Come out and PLAY!
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:06 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Holy Morning,

Kierie, I was just saying to a friend that I let my job stress really dictate the way I eat. It seems everyone tells me their woe's and it weighs heavy on my heart (because I see alot going on that shouldn't). Hang in there !!!

Not much to say today, just taking it lightly because its the mood of the day (Holy Thursday).

Hugs everyone and know HE LIVES for you and me.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:17 AM   #3  
I CAN DO THIS

Morning Ladies
Little one here decided she would eat all her breakfat this morning and not throw it on the floor so it is a good morning so far.
I am thinking of reranging my livingroom dining room again. My kitchen table is too big so I think I am going to try to get the round on out of the shed and just ust that one. Their are only 3 of us so we really don't need the big one and it takes up to much space in my tiny apartment. And I have to go to DH's house and see what wood he has. My daughter is ready to get out of her crib and so far I took off a rail so it looks like a toddler bed in sorts but I want something different. I was going to just put the mattress on the floor but I want something a little higher.

KO: I know how you feel about the neg. atmosphere at work. It's the same way with me and my job. I hate going in lately and I agree seeing a shrink might help.. I am thinking of the same thing. I know I need to go on meds to. things will get better

Well I have to run. Just popped in for a minute and to see what the weather was going to be like today. It's surpose to be 50 here today.. So it will be good.

Have a Wondeful day /hugs
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:38 AM   #4  
CIN

Good Morning Gals,
I have kept myself busy this morning since I am NPO (nothing by mouth) until after an ultrasound at the Dr office at 10:30.Stent check!

Soooo I have been ironing a bunch of things that have needed it..and am almost caught up.

Looking forward to Easter weekend.not feeding the entire crew ..just 4 or 5.so I am making quiche with swiss cheese ,bacon & onions (an old favorite recipe) & fresh fruit or salad. I am making ice cream cone cupcakes for the children in the afternoon! I may even bring out the pretty dishes and tablecloth! Make it a little festive!

Later taters
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:45 AM   #5  
Walking by faith

Smile Good Morning Ladies

My DH brought me coffee in his precious Patriots mug! I was touched!

I'm sorry to hear about all the job-related stress. It's nice to have friends to comfort you after a rough day at work

Kierie: I'm an emotional eater too Sometimes you just need to have a good cry and let it all out. Hope today is better for you.

Leenie: Have a blessed Holy Thursday

Stephanie: Sounds like your baby is growing up . It's going to be a good day!

CIN: Your brunch sounds wonderful-can I come too?

I'll probably be back later this afternoon. Hopefully I'll have some better news about my ankle
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

I did a 30 minute 2.5 mile Walk & Jog dvd this morning.
March Miles - 29

It is beautiful here today! so nice!

Gotta do payroll and stuff. Tomorrow I'll be off for Good Friday and we will be having a fish fry and catfish courtbouillion (pronouned que be awn) at my inlaws house. Only about 60 people so will be lots of fun. I think I am gonna make some strawberry pies to bring! yum.

Cin - please let us know how the ultrasound goes! hugs!

Kierie - hope today is a better day! hugs

Leenie - I am sure everybody leans on you! you are a good listener! hugs

Ashlie - hope all goes well today! hugs

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:49 AM   #7  

I just got an email from hungry-girl .com and they had the best recipe. I am going to try this!

thought I would post it here if anyone else would like to try it too!

SNAZZED-UP SNICKERS PIE

A favorite of Weight Watchers everywhere!

Ingredients:
12 oz. (1.5 cups) fat-free vanilla frozen-yogurt, slightly softened
1 small box Jell-O Sugar-Free Chocolate Pudding mix (Instant)
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
1 cup Cool Whip Free
3 oz. Grape Nuts
2 Tbsp. Hershey's Lite Chocolate Syrup

Mix all ingredients together (except for the chocolate syrup), and pour into 8" dish. Drizzle with syrup and freeze.

Serves 8. Each serving contains 137 calories, 4g of fat, 4g protein, 21 carbs, 1g fiber. (Only 3 measly points!)
Old 03-24-2005, 10:03 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Leenie I'm that girl too Since I was a tiny girl ppl strangers even tell me their problems
Steph Thats awesome that she ate her breakfast! you have to take the little things like Not picking cheerios up off the floor and run with it
Cin Hope the Ultra sound goes well the Quiche sounds delish!
Cathy Can I come to your catfish dinner it sounds delish
and so does that pie!!
Tommorrow night we're going to MIL's I'm hoping she makes orders something without meat I have salmon I could make but not enough to fee the 9 people who will be around. if she makes meat I'll stick to salad.
I found a website for writers and I'm going t start doing that again (aside from my articles)
bbiab
Kierie
Old 03-24-2005, 10:21 AM   #9  
prepare for the BEST time

Sounds good, but I would probably eat the entire pie.........peanut butter pie is one of my true favorites that I have said good-bye to along with fried chicken.......

I have mucho work to do...and off for a long weekend, Easter Dinner is at a restaurant that offers many different foods from a huge buffet....hopefully I will make the right choices, they have an extensive salad bar, I just might have to bring my own dressing.... I kind of like the feeling of loose pants and not feeling puffed-out....

i try to be positive most of the time (or tell myself to be), but I never presume to tell others how they should speak and feel.....this is one of the few places where you CAN vent.

Who else could I tell that I HID yesterday because I didn't want a certain someone to see me because I'm embarrassed that I gained weight? ..and I'm embarrassed by my fear.......what a crock, I feel like a coward when I let my appearance control me........I'm fearless when I'm a size 4....but slap another 30# on me and I turn into a wimp? there is something wrong with this picture......

no wonder I have depression!

BBL......if I don't get to say hi to everyone, enjoy your weekend and holiday.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:26 AM   #10  

Off to bed...........back later

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:55 AM   #11  
Divine Gal

I am still dealing with the meds being in my sysytem but its not as bad as they were.I am trying not to take the lorazepam they prescribed me.
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 11:18 AM   #12  

Joanne - you and I must have been posting at the same time! I'm anxious to hear some good news about your ankle! I know you are too! hugs!

Marble - yea I would have to make that pie and bring it somewhere, so I could just have 1 piece of it! hugs

Liz - nitey nite & hugs

Lynnie - when do you start at Walmart. hope today is a good day! hugs
Old 03-24-2005, 11:33 AM   #13  
prepare for the BEST time

Lynnie, I took your lorazepam (Ativan) last night..... sometimes it's the only way I can turn off my anxiety and not make mountains out of molehills......

If you don't mind my asking, which cold med. gave you the reaction with your zoloft? it is upsetting that you weren't told beforehand that you should avoid certain OTC meds. so this never would have occured? (when I was on Zoloft, no one told me either to not take certain stuff)

Ok Kathy, make the pie and just mail me one piece........along with one piece of real home-made fried chicken too? sigh! (I am Romaine lettuce, I am Romaine lettuce)...
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 12:05 PM   #14  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Hi, everyone,

Sorry I don't have time to respond to each person. I read everyone's posts and truly wish the best for each of you. I am still struggling. Apparently I could be having a reaction to going off the Risperdal . Medication stuff scares me so much. I hope I feel better soon. My husband and I go out of town for a weekend away tomorrow---hoping that will pick up my spirits. Take care and have a blessed day.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 12:48 PM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Marble I think you should choose to be a hot tomato instead! Fresh picked
Joanne I'll be praying for good news on your ankle
Lynnie when is the new job? Oftentimes I find Drs never tell you anything esp with an antideprressant anti anxiety med
I'm going back to coffee I tried to stop b/c of milk and to be gross Phlegm and I can't stop eating! so enoughs enough Bring on the columbian goodness!