Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 01:23 AM   #16  

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on an off for the past couple of weeks but figured I'd better chime in or you'd figure I'd deserted! Just been super busy at work -- hating it -- and sending out resumes looking for something better. Sometimes I wonder if I'll EVER find a good job again.

Sojo: Thailand??? Wow, I must have missed that. What an unbelievable experience that must have been.

After reading everyone's posts, I realize just how nice our winter has been. It's barely gotten below freezing, and we've had no snow at all. It' been in the 50's and sunny all week long, as it was a couple of weeks ago. Last week though, we had a ton of rain. Go figure! The crocus and daffodils are blooming and I have a SERIOUS case of spring fever! Anyone else just dying to wear open toe shoes???

I must go get caught up on everyone's posts. Have a great week
chicks!

Sabrina
Old 02-13-2003, 09:59 AM   #17  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Sabrina
Come here so I can slap you! Just kidding, I really would not do that, but NO SNOW????? Come on! We are buried in yet another storm last night. My friend was over visiting and ended up spending the night on our couch as it was so bad you could not even see across the street. And COLD!!! oh yes it has been cold here in the good old maritimes.
I am glad you arekeeping warm however. Take care
Virginia
Old 02-13-2003, 10:36 AM   #18  
a brave new me...

Unhappy Hey...

I have been traumatized... within a few days I went from 85 F plus weather in Thailand to freakin' 30 BELOW 0 F wind chill factor here in Wisconsin!!!
Old 02-13-2003, 02:24 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

You guys in all seriousness (is that a word) I haven't seen snow in like 7 years, except on TV. It has been in the mid 60's here all week during the day. I would like to see some of the weather you guys are talking about, I would probably go into shock.

Amy
Old 02-13-2003, 03:46 PM   #20  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

I was wondering if the Welcome Mat is still outside of the door?

I need to apologise to everyone for just disappearing. I've been down in the dumps for the past few weeks and didn't know what to do about it. About this weight thingy. I'm stuck at 135 and I know why. I've been putting everything and anything into my mouth and can't stop myself! I'm going to sew my mouth shut and get a feeding tube! I've been exercising 4-5 days a week at the gym so that hasn't been the problem. But I haven't been drinking nearly the water that I'm supposed to be drinking.

Monday the turn around started after I watched the Oprah show. Here these people lost tremendous amounts of weight, so surely I can lose these mesely 10 lbs!
Tuesday at the gym I grabbed a magazine to read while I rode the exercise bike. The magazine that I picked up was called Oxygen(which doesn't have anything to do with Oprah's Oxygen t.v. channel) It's a fitness book for women. They have articles in there about everyday women who have changed their lives and lifestyles by eating and exercising and weight training. Now I know I could never be a woman body builder unless I get some plastic sugery done, but I'd like to give it a shot to see how far I can come close to being one. I'm not sure if I can go through with it even because of the discipline involved and the devotion, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I'll never know if I can do it if I don't try.
So now I'm searching for all the information on weight training and their diets. I know it's high protein and low carb, but I need to get more specific about it.
I think I may check into the Body For Life program and see what that's all about.
Thank you everyone for letting me back into the group again!

And on that note....What's everyone having for dinner tonight?
I'm having Shake-N-Bake Chicken, baked potato and steamed mixed veggies.

Well I'm off to scrub the tators.
I'll check back in here later.

~Kelly~
Old 02-13-2003, 05:02 PM   #21  

Height: 5'-2"

Kelly darling, what I wouldn't GIVE to weigh 135! Or even 185!! Don't be depressed... just stop stuffing that food in your mouth!

Dinner? I'm sick as a dog. It'll be a frozen bag of cheese/potato perogies thrown into a pot of boiling water. With low fat marg and no fat sour cream.
My throat is SO sore...
Old 02-13-2003, 05:36 PM   #22  

Ellis: So sorry to hear you are sick! Take care of yourself, don't let it escalate into something serious like I did! Your comfort food -- perogies -- are those the little dumpling things? They sound yummy.

Virginia:
>>>Come here so I can slap you! Just kidding, I really would not do that, but NO SNOW????? Come on! We are buried in yet another storm last night.

We hardly ever get snow here in the Portland area, but get lots in the surrounding mountain ranges. Snows here MAYBE once a year, and it always disappears quickly. If it gets below 30 everyone starts talking about how "frigid" it is, LOL. I really appreciate the lack of snow now that I'm older, but when I was a
kid, I HATED IT!!! I wanted nothing more than for it to snow
days on end so I could skip school and go out and make snowmen. How times changes! LOL!

S.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:07 PM   #23  

Sabrina, thank you sweetie. I feel like ****. You were sick for a long time, weren't you... I'm so sorry.
It's my darned kids... they keep picking up little viruses at school.

Yup... little "dumpling thingys". You've never had them? Oooooh, they're divine! Don't ever eat one! You'll be addicted.
Actually, everybody come over and we'll have a Perogy Party!

It was -32 celcius when I picked up my DS after school. I wore six layers of clothes... looked like the Stay-Puff Marshmallow.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:56 PM   #24  

Take care of yourself Ellis you poor thing! I know, the darling kids bring all the cold germs home, don't they? My DD's best friend has been coughing in DD's face all week so I think we are going to be coughing soon too.

And Kelly...I would love to be 135! It is my goal weight actually, and I can't shake my last 10 either. You don't have to lose it all in a month either - maybe it'll take a year (that's what I tell myself anyway!)

Take care everyone...both sick and well,
I send you all a big hug, Lidian
Old 02-13-2003, 10:00 PM   #25  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

I've been struggling for most of the night. I did have my snack at 8 of popcorn, but I've been wanting something else. I'm craving chocolate, and thank God I don't have any in the house. Not sure why I'm craving that except that T.O.M. is soon to arrive. I haven't caved in. I did go and look in the cupboards, but then I said to myself, you don't need anything. Think of your long term goals, this will only put you behind if you give in.
So here I am, popping mints. I have mints around so that when an urge comes over me to eat something, I pop a mint in my mouth. Does the trick. Dh jokes to me about always having a mint in my mouth! Whatever works right? LOL

Ellis--I hope you get to feeling better soon. And I know about how cold the weather is. This afternoon is was -21 with the wind chill! I can't wait for spring!!!!!!!!

Lidian--I know it probably won't come off in a month, but I don't want it to take a year either! LOL I'm hoping by summer so I can by a new bikini! That's a goal anyways! LOL

Well, I'm off of here. Dh should be home soon from work.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

~Kelly~
Old 02-14-2003, 01:52 AM   #26  

Thank you Lidian and Kelly.

This is going to be my second night sleeping upright on a living room chair. I got a couple of hours sleep in bed, but woke up with a ragingly painful throat again. I'm sipping honey and lemon right now. I just can't go to the doctor's. I'll have a nervous breakdown.

Okay, this is pretty personal, but why the **** would someone (that would be DH) want to have sex with me when I'm sick like this!? I suppose I should be flattered, but STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM ME!!!
Old 02-14-2003, 07:28 AM   #27  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

LOL Ellis, I know what you mean! I just chalk it up to men are perverts and pigs! LOL They can have sex whenever and however if you know what I mean! My dh would want to have sex with me even if I was on my death bed! And I do tell him he's a pig and a pervert! LOL It's no fun having a coughing fit right in the middle of sex! You cough and gag, and you can't breathe or catch your breath. It breaks the mood and then dh is mad because he thinks you did it on purpose! LOL MEN!

I read a bit of the Body For Life stuff on the website. He didn't really tell me a whole lot, except how to lift weights. Then I checked out the Muscle and Fitness for Her, and found out that a 120 lb women should be eating 100 g of protein. Guess that beings I weigh 135 I should be eating more. I also read that I should be taking some kind of supplements. Even if it's Creatine. They also suggest working out before you eat(just have a snack before you go) or 2 hours after you've eaten to burn more fat.
So I had a low fat ceral bar and then I'm heading for the gym at 8 so I can be back between 9-9:30. I have to work a split **** today. I go in at 11 till LVD(Lunch Volume Drop) Then I'm back in for 5 till close probably. We are totally booked for Valentine's Day. I hope it's a good tip night cause I'm broke! LOL
I have to stop and get dh a gift certificate for a massage. He keeps saying to me that he needs one so I thought I'd get him a gift certificate for one. And not from the 'Rub-N-Tug' either! LOL Though I'm sure he'd enjoy that even better! LOL

Well I'm off to check out some other threads before I have to leave.

I'll check back in later.
~Kelly~
Old 02-14-2003, 08:36 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

This is the nurse in me but creatine has been shown to be bad for your kidneys, it is hard for your body to filter out and makes your kidneys work harder than they should have to. I am not telling you what you should or shouldn't take but it is one of those things that should be taken into consideration prior to its use. Just a thought...

Amy
Old 02-14-2003, 10:12 AM   #29  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Kelly
I have been doing Body for life for 14 weeks now. 12 straight, one week off and I am on my 2nd week of my 2nd challenge. I love it. There is a great Body for life support forum on 3fatchicks. It is Body fo Life/Body building. Also www.leanandstrong.com is a great site and has a forum for Body for Life there too. Check them out, they are very nice with tonnes of info.
Virginia
Old 02-15-2003, 05:49 AM   #30  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

Thanks Amy for the info!

Virginia--Are you taking a protein supplement between meals? If so, what are you using? It sounds like a fairly doable program. I bought the book yesterday and I'm going to give it a shot!
I'm starting on Monday!

So how was everyone's Valentine's Day? Mine turned out to be okay. Dh gave me a pair of gold heart earrings which was a surprise. I never no what to expect from him, and usually it's bad..LOL I got him an hour massage!

Friday Feb 28 is dh's bday(actually it's the 29th but there isn't one thi year) I have reservations at a fine dining restaurant for the evening and then on the Sat/Mar 1 we are spending the night in Niagra Falls!

Oh, only 43 days left till we take possession of the house!

Anyways...I'm off to get ready for work, if I have time, I'll check back in inbetween jobs this afternoon. If I don't make it back.....
Everyone have a good Saturday!

~Kelly~
Closed Thread