South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 06:19 AM   #1  

Default monday 9th Feb chat

hello everyone!
It is a lovely morning here in london, and I am all set for a week of work, getting on with things, catching up (I am always catching up... ) and letting go of the pounds. I had a ham and light cheese roll up, and a ff yoghurt for breakfast and very nice it was too. Lentils later I think, green ones out of a tin with a little sage chopped in and maybe some chicken if I am hungary. yumm.
I wasted the whole of yesterday playing computer games. Now I feel woozy headed and kind of dead in the middle. Is this how teenagers feel the whole time? I am determined not to let myself play the games today, in spite of it being a whole day at home day.

What plans does everyone have for the week? I am going to focus on one particular bit of academic work (a case study) which I really must make some headway with this week. So it is a desky week, and I must find reserves of discipline from somewhere. How do I write at my desk without chocolate??? eek. I think I will compromise with a mid afternoon diet chocolate drink. It does have hydrogenated veg oil in though, but just one........only forty cals. I reckon just one is ok.

I know its not ok. Maybe choc dipped strawberries (strawberry dipped chocolate??) might be on the menu this week. Sorry to all you phase oners for my blatently phase two reference.

love to all
Old 02-09-2004, 07:59 AM   #2  
Imagine...

Morning All

Clovey I just adore those chocolate dipped strawberries YUMMY!!!

I actually lost a poud I have been really busy taking care of my 6 year old nephew who is staying with us for a while.

Ruth glad the show went well!

Sil glad to see you back sweetie

to Den & Ellis, Sil, Little Chick, Franny, January, Less, Sums, Gavinsmom, chazmom ...... to everyone! (much easier than remembering)

Must dash out the door Will try to get back here a little more often
Old 02-09-2004, 08:11 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Clovey, good luck staying away from that computer game. They are SO addictive, aren't they.

Sflake, congratulations on the pound!! Maybe you SHOULD have kids.
Yes, get your shrinking butt back in here more often.

I'm off to see my psychi to get a new prescription! I've noticed since I've weaned myself off the prozac, I'm not as tired.
love and hugs to all... back later...
Old 02-09-2004, 09:22 AM   #4  

Hi everyone. Congrats on your losses! I hope you all had a good weekend.

I am having an upset kind of day so far. I drank alcohol on Friday night because I just couldn't hold out any longer. (On glass of red wine, one gin and tonic) And I drank two days shy of the two week mark, so I feel terrible. I stayed OP all weekend, but still felt discouraged.

Then, because I've been so disorganized lately, I missed a major work deadline TODAY that I thought was TOMORROW. So I'm sitting here feeling like absolute crap because I ought to be more responsible at this stage of my life and my procrastination is out of hand. I'm not in trouble, exactly, it's just bad form on my part to have missed this deadline. And I will probably have to explain to my boss. (Plus I have just one co-worker who does the same thing I do and she's an absolute kiss-up, so if words gets out I was late, it'll be unbearable. Ugh.)

Bad day on the beach, ladies. But I'm gonna try and be strong. I'm gonna go back to finishing my late project, but I'll check in later. Hope you're all doing better than I am today.

Bleh.

Old 02-09-2004, 09:31 AM   #5  

oh no overfed up that is a horrible way to start the week! with the work thing! But everybody makes mistakes and anyone with any sense sets a deadline a day or two before the real deadline so that they allow for co-worker error, so maybe your boss will not mind so much. Hope not anyway.

As to the alcohol, I had some before the end of phase one and I still lost a lot of weight, so dont worry too much. I try and stick just to red wine, which is a good discipline (of sorts ).

It sounds as if you are doing really well. I get superhard on myself when I wobble, but it does not help. It just makes me more miserable really. I am sitting here wobbling away about having chosen an instant choc drink which had some dried glucose in it as well as hydrogenated vegetable oil! eek. It said only 40 cals so I thought 'oh I will have it', but it is not op and what a mad dumbo decision. You are not alone. We are all doing the best we can. Some people are better organised and disciplined than others. The rest of us just have to keep on picking ourselves up, dusting down, and getting on with it. So what if co-worker from **** grasses you up? She could have made a better behaviour choice. You get to keep the moral high ground anyway.........
Old 02-09-2004, 09:40 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Darlings. The Almighty Gail is here and I need to get out of this room so will catch up later.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:02 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi chickies just a quick stop in as I am getting ready for my dad's arrival. My Aunt passed away last night at 11:45 and my poor dad dosn't even now yet. He is enroute from the North West Territories. He arrives in Moncton at 1:00 and my poor baby brother has to meet him and tell him. So I have been busy all morning cleaning the house to get ready for his arrival. He has been traveling all night. God it is so sad. Well I must go I will try to check in later. Love to ya all.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:09 AM   #8  

So sorry for you and your family Little Chick.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:50 AM   #9  
GARDENING ADDICT

Little Chick~~I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt. This will be hard for your Dad but thankfully he has you and your brother to comfort him and help him through this sad time. My thoughts and prayers will be with you

Ellis~~Good to hear that you have found some extra energy (do you have enough to share???)

Ruth~~Hurry back! The coffe is ready for you.

Snowflake~~Thanks for the warm welcome back and congrats on the weight loss

Overfedup~~Don't be so hard on yourself. You really did well in the first 2 weeks. Everybody has slipups but we need to get back on as soon as possible. I know you can do it

Clovey~~No chocolate allowed at the desk Good luck with your case study.

I'm still trying to un-pack and get settled back in to a routein. Work went well over the weekend. Upon arriving back home last week, i realized that i want to repaint everything that i did just proir to leaving. I want it to be alittle darker , so today I'm off to get some paint~~does it ever end???

Ellis~~By the way, how is your upstairs coming along??
Old 02-09-2004, 11:12 AM   #10  

Default Good morning

Congrats Snowflake on your pound, maybe it's all that running with the baby that did it!

Clovey I agree on the groggy feeling, we got a new game for our XBox and I realized that 3 hours went by, and I could hardly stand up......

Overfedup - I'm sorry to hear about the late on the deadline. I had a simliar experience last week except we sent a document to 3600 people that was wrong because I made an err.

Littlechick, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'll definitely have you in my thoughts.

As for us, nothing new - we previously had a very dark purple (grapey but not Barney). We've taken a new direction. I call it the spa house. Make everything very soothing - so we painted it taupe with an taupey pink accent wall and ceiling. It looks great - when the new linens come in I'll put up a photo.

As for the redcorating - just found out the DH may not have to travel for work......drat!
Old 02-09-2004, 11:31 AM   #11  

Just checking back in here (I posted last week about beginning again with new baby etc.). I started day one back OP. I'll be back in touch for the daily chats. I hope all are doing well.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:12 PM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Wow we are a busy bunch of chicks today. !

Little Chick.. So sorry to hear about your loss. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Overfedup... OOPS! I hate it when that happens. Only my deadlines are with my dh which I think are worse. There is no smoozin it up with him. My major screwup this time. Made the deposit into savings instead of checking and sent us into overdraft! He went to take out money and it said -30.00 Well.... he was not happy at all. But today is his b-day so I'll make him a nice carb dinner. He's been dyin for some taters! Ugh! Ds baked him a cake so we will have a little celebration to hopefully take his mind off of it. Maybe I should get him the oilpump for his Harley! Hope it all works out as I am sure it will.

To everyone else have a wonderful day and let's all Stay In it!
I'm goin to post my loss now on the weigh in thread.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:29 PM   #13  

Height: 5'-2"

Little Chick, I'm so sorry about your Aunt. I'll be saying prayers for you and your dear Dad.

Sil... you're painting again!?!?
Our apartment is pretty much finished. We're currently advertising for the perfect tenant.

Hugs to everyone... just got back from my psychi, and I MUST get some coffee...
Old 02-09-2004, 01:51 PM   #14  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Ellis good luck with a good tenant. We were very fortunate (I hope) to get the one we have.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:06 PM   #15  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Little Chick- I am so sorry about the loss of you aunt. I know you are going to want to be strong for you dad and the rest of your family, but don't forget to allow yourself to grieve as well. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Overfedup- your picture under your name kicks my butt! It looks like the cousin of the brownie I ate last night coming to get me!
to everyone!
Closed Thread