Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 11:08 AM   #61  

Height: 5'-2"

Good going, Virginia!! It DOES feel great to be ready.
I'm going to do the same as you... going to start shopping for next year right after Christmas. And making gifts. Of course I say that every year, but this year I'm really going to do it.

Too bad we can't BAKE this far in advance. I could really stock up on stuff. Although when I think of that story about those scientists eating that frozen mammoth, I don't see why my baking wouldn't keep for a year!
Old 12-22-2002, 11:12 AM   #62  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Strange - I've just started my letter to myself for next year and am also planning to make some gifts. My sister is a real pro on making or finding the perfect gift and even makes Christmas fabric gift bags. If Martha Stewart were normal, she would be my sister Joan.
Old 12-22-2002, 11:17 AM   #63  

Ruth... I'm still waiting for your fond memories of trashy food joints and sewing projects.
I need to hear a good story...

BTW... what are you going to make for gifts? I'm always on the lookout for some tacky new gift idea. (I didn't mean that the way it sounded..)
Old 12-22-2002, 11:33 AM   #64  
Come on Spring!

Trashy food joints? Moi?
Well, in Orange, France, we dined at a rather sleazy place. At the end of the meal, a cockroach crept across the table. Harry did the crokinole (sp) flick and the thing flew past me and landed on the plate of the woman at the next table. Harry said "Don't turn around!" and then explained to me what had happened. We made a hasty exit. I was laughing so hard I sprained my ankle leaving the place.
It still cracks me up!
Old 12-22-2002, 11:39 AM   #65  

Oh, that is GREAT, Ruth!!!
The same thing happened to us in New York. We were staying in a dive on Broadway (actually, it must have been gorgeous at one time), and we went down for breakfast in the morning. Cockroach on the table. I was with fellow art students and teachers. Took off my running shoe and whacked it.
Funny how your instincts kick in. I love the "crokinole flick".
Old 12-22-2002, 11:50 AM   #66  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Vegas has tons of cockroaches. If I never see another one, it would be fine with me. But the sight of them doesn't bother me in the least. I remember my first apt. I was half drunk laying in bed and I see my lampshade move. I thought it was wierd because nothing else was moving or spinning. It happened again and I got up and went to look closer. The whole back side was covered in them!!!! I have a million more stories but I will take them to the grave with me! They are really gross.

Everything here is wrapped, cookies got done yesterday. We are all anxious as no presents are left to buy or anything left to do. We think we should just go ahead and celebrate now. Why wait???? ~flower
Old 12-22-2002, 12:28 PM   #67  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

My Mom had just come to the US from England, and took a very proper friend to Greektown (Detroit) for a meal. She looked over her friend's shoulder and saw a RAT climbing over a pile of plates on a buffet table!!! She said she retained her composure because she KNEW her friend would freak out completely!!!!! Another Greektown story.....my parents went, and ordered some wine with their meal. It came in coffee cups along with the admonition, "SHH!! We lost our liquor license." I LOVE GREEKTOWN!! We took my Mom's Mom there once and there was a wino passed out in the middle of the street. She REALLY didn't know what to make of that!!! ("More to be pitied than despised.")

Ellis-Yup, I'm feeling kinda bad and trying to maintain my sanity.

Virginia-NOPE!! Up until now I have been relatively stress free. MY stress is just starting. Should be over by Dec. 27th!!!
Old 12-22-2002, 01:12 PM   #68  

I can always come here for all the classiest chitchat around - rats, cockroaches and yeast infections all in one shot! LOL

this is my kind of crowd!

Virginia, glad to see you made it!

I'm feeling a little stressed too, but in my case its from guilt. We all decided to do "holidays light" this year because we're packing and expecting to move in the next couple months. We just got a small fake tree from Target and a few gifts under it.....DH and I are very cool with that.........but now DD wishes we had put up lights, held a party, got a real tree, dug the stockings out of storage....... I hope she doesn't hold it against us some day when she's an adult. We're trying to sell her on the idea of the holidays as a simple time with the ones you love - it's starting to be a hard sell.....

Ok, I wish I knew what WOULD work on a yeast infection. 11 days of antibiotics have left me depleted. I tried three day cream from the drug store - not working so far

Terri -
Old 12-22-2002, 02:17 PM   #69  

Yogurt.
Old 12-22-2002, 03:36 PM   #70  
Come on Spring!

Yes but use the non-flavoured unless................never mind!
Old 12-22-2002, 05:38 PM   #71  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

That made all sorts of silly thoughts go through my head Ruthxxx.

I am done with shopping and wrapping. Almost done baking too. I even dropped off a present already. I got the boy a few bottles of wine, he got me a Care Bear and a Slinky pen. and I am the older one.

On second thought, I am done shopping, but if I am out I may pick up a little something for my cousins. Most likely some candy or Pez to go in the little snowmen bags I have. Nothing major, and if I don't get to the store that's ok too.
Old 12-22-2002, 06:45 PM   #72  

hi Squeak! ( long time no see! )

ok Ruth..........is that the reason they call you Ruth XXX?

he he

Terri - thinking of changing my name to HoneyXXX
Old 12-22-2002, 07:02 PM   #73  

When I was in grade school one of the boys brought a dead waterbug to school in a box. I too have lots of cockroaches & pals stories but I have just had dinner so maybe another time!

We had some mice at our house awhile back but the cats caught them. They have been resting on their feline laurels ever since!

Tree finally in house and in stand with minimal temper tantrums!

One more grocery trip and then it's only the wrapping and the cards to do!
Old 12-22-2002, 07:05 PM   #74  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

If you don't like EATTING yogurt-you may take acidopholis pills. (SP?) They are the ingredient that you need from the yogurt. Active, live cultures. Go to a natural style grocery store and you can find them in the refrigerated section. They keep lots of vitiamins in the refrigerated section. I get them from Wild Oats. If you decide on eatting yogurt make sure the side says it contains live active cultures.... And you will need 6-8 oz twice a day to make much of a difference. I hate yeast infections!!!!
Old 12-22-2002, 07:32 PM   #75  

Actually, I didn't mean for her to eat it. You spread it on "down there". Like Ruth said, use the natural, unflavoured variety.
Closed Thread