Old 12-04-2015, 01:04 PM   #211  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

APoundtoLosein80Ways, I'm sorry. My ailing grandmother, in her 90s and with dementia, called me "Fat!" one of the last times I saw her. I laughed and agreed, but it really stuck with me. She used to think I was beautiful when I was a chubby teen, but my being over 200 pounds later was too much for her. Best wishes on your journey!
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:58 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 225-224-199

Height: 5'6'' or 168 cm

This time was seeing that my pants don't fit anymore and knowing that last time I stepped on a scale it showed 96kg. Gaining weight means I'm going for 100kg. That's super scarry.

Also, I'm starting to have problems putting on my socks - and I'm only 26 years old.
Fire Lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:07 AM   #213  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

Weighing myself and seeing over100kg. I was in denial though, deciding the scale was broken.
Then my son stopped breathing. I thought something has to change, I needed to do better by my kids and they need me to be healthy to care for them too.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:11 PM   #214  
Don't give up.

S/C/G: 195/195/165

Height: 5'0"

Default a photo

Hmm. This time around, I realized I need to be serious about my efforts when I saw a photo of myself on stage at an event and was horrified at how my physique had changed. My clothes were fitting badly and I was uncomfortable in my body, but I have been super busy lately and I didn't notice it in the mirror in the same way. The picture snapped me out of my non-aware mode. :/ So, now, I am trying to make bigger changes.
neon_zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:53 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

mine was I went to put on a belly-dance costume I brought a couple of years ago- and it was getting to big back then ... and SH*t it was almost too small ... other items of clothes were not fitting - so I got a new set of scales and weighed myself - had a big cry as I was the heaviest I have EVER been - was also the fat kid at school I was lucky other children didn't tease me - but then again I have always been that much taller then people my age they may have just been scared of that big always angry looking round girl... as I never really smiled as I didn't like the way I looked in pictures when I did..
I also hate looking in the mirror at troupe practice and being the biggest one in the room
I'm chipping away at this weight hard we are going to Rarotonga for my birthday come June
I would also like to not have to battle with the seatbelt - they offer people extender in planes in NZ now to take care of the belt doesn't fit that can be almost as embarrassing to the person they offer it too as actually needing one!
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:39 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 192/189/150

Height: 5'4

I recently had my "that's the last straw" moment. I've always had acne of some sort but recently it's progressed to my stomach. I think its from sweating when I sit down and my tummy pouch bunches. It's painful, embarassing and makes me want to hide from my boyfriend. I don't want to feel this way. I also don't want to continue to buy larger clothing. I've always been between a 10-12 range...but have progressed to a 14. I had a breast reduction years back and with the current weight gain...they have grown back with vengeance. I'm tired of being tired.

I started Atkins recently and I think this might work. I love carbs. I'm sure if I reduce them then I'll see something happen. I"m hoping but the struggle is real. I smell EVERYTHING lately and its a battle. lol
SailorMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:27 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 225-224-199

Height: 5'6'' or 168 cm

I watched Kate on This is us and she looks like she's carrying another person on her front.
I really really don't want to become like her.
Fire Lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:32 PM   #218  

My last straw was when I went to the doctors office because I had terrible lower back pain and believed it was a severe injury. During questioning they kept asking if I had kids and I said no. Come to find out it's because I have an anterior pelvic tilt (like a pregnant woman) since my belly has gotten big and my back is now supporting my front weight. Along with that I've noticed it was harder for me to start getting into cars, the new cars have to be small I suppose but now its hard for my legs to get in and I sit so high since I have a big butt. Such a game changer.
BrownBeau_t is offline   Reply With Quote