Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 06:08 PM   #106  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Confession time I feel sick, almost nauseous my belly has been hurting for over half a hour.

My husband has been gone several hours & instead of making myself a snack while waiting for him & cooking us dinner, I ate a handful of his potato chips... I only eat a few of them when I put them in Christmas gift boxes after I dip half the chip into melted milk chocolate chips, those r soo delicious, so I'm satisfied eating just 3 chips.

Don't do what I did, don't eat more than 5-10 potato chips Those things r sneaky & can make u get a belly ache

Have a fun Sunday you'all
Old 11-15-2015, 06:03 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Dee- hope you are feeling better! Yes, it's very hard to eat just a couple of potato chips....

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Yesterday:
B - oatmeal with blueberries
S - banana
L - chicken soup and sandwich
S - grapes
D - chicken stirfry
Old 11-15-2015, 08:45 AM   #108  
Sandee

Good morning,
I'm in bed on my Kindle & watching Good Morning America TV on the terrorist attacks in Paris My belly is okay now, shame on me for eating chips, instead of making a healthy snack, another reminder to eat Smart, not dumb while looking for a quick fix when my belly was growling.

Renee always shows us her healthy menu. When I woke up & drank a glass of water, I ate 2 chocolate chip cookies I'm making omelets soon for our breakfast

Have a nice Sunday girls
Old 11-15-2015, 09:11 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

cals-2010(380), Ex-none.

Went with DH out for dinner last night at a local restaurant described as urban chic with local sourced food. We had a wonderful time. My dinner choice was Georgia mountain trout served on a bed of shaved veggies with swirls of creamed butternut squash. I had one cocktail with bourbon and orange liquor with simple syrup. I think the only bad choice I made last night was DH wanted to order the dinner rolls. They were probably not worth the calories but I was getting pretty hungry waiting for my entrée.

I went ahead and changed my ticker for the one pound loss. I sure wish it were more. I can put that back on in a heartbeat. I was perusing some old Excel sheets I kept from past periods of concentrated weight loss. The times when I was able to make real progress my calorie totals were near 1500 and I was exercising more. Well, it wasn't that long ago, I was averaging closer to 2800 calories a day so I am making progress. Fifteen hundred seems a bit tortuous. However, I love results! The great thing is I wouldn't need to stay there. I believe I can maintain at the 1800, maybe 2000 level I am not sure since I have not been able to maintain my weight in the healthy range for over a year. I am aiming to get back to the 140's before year end but with the holidays it does not seem possible. I really should not let the holidays get in the way of my goals. I have a party at work this week. I may have to just not eat anything like I did at bookclub. The calories add up so quickly and once I start I am going to want more and more.

Dee-I feel your pain! I overindulged on wine Friday night and I was so, so sorry. Those days are done and gone for me. We live and learn. For me, sometimes its the same lesson over and over. I am not sure what it is going to take to stick.

Corrina-Remember me? I have been off and on here. The off was a big mistake and I put on a bunch of weight. It was so nice of you to fly by and give us an update. What a big change for you. I love the Maryland area. Have you lived there before?

Renee-Keep on keepin' on Girl. How is your weight loss resolve holding up?

Last edited by TERAPET; 11-15-2015 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:02 AM   #110  

Good morning ladies from a unseasonably warm Pennsylvania. Today DH and I will be painting a 16 ft stock trailer so I know I will be getting plenty of exercise. I'm throwing something in the slow cooker so diner will be ready when we are done. Do any of you use a slow cooker? I use mine a couple of times a week.

Yesterday:
S - banana
L - chicken soup and chicken sandwich
S - grapes
D - leftover beef casserole and carrots
Old 11-16-2015, 06:47 AM   #111  
Sandee

2 problems I need your help to fix:

I have Salt cravings I don't want to eat it....

My thumbnails have been breaking @ the tips & I have filed & trimmed & trimmed them. My doctor said my labs r perfect @ my yrly physical this fall. Gelatin/hair,skin,nail pills didn't work One day I put bandaids on my thumbnails. Does anyone use a healthy nail polish or product that keeps their nails from breaking?

Thanks
Old 11-16-2015, 07:07 PM   #112  

Dee - I found this online. I might try a few myself!

Just because you're having salt craving doesn't mean you have to reach for greasy potato chips. There are a number of healthy foods that contain sodium as well as other essential nutrients. Although most of us get more than enough salt in our diet, sometimes we do crave salt if our bodies are sodium deficient. This can occur when sodium is lost through sweating. Eating too much salt, however, can impact your health in a negative way. Therefore, you should eat salty foods in moderation; try to stick to the recommended 2,400 mg or less per day. Below are a number of low-calorie and nutrient dense foods that will help you satisfy salt cravings in a healthy way.

1. Pretzels

Pretzels are fat-free, low in calories, and salty enough to satisfy your worst cravings. Unlike greasy potato chips, pretzels will help you shave calories (and weight). Try dipping pretzels in flavored hummus or a low-fat cheese dip to satisfy your palate as well as your salt craving; dip in moderation, however, since you'll be adding extra calories.

2. Nuts and Seeds

Despite the fact that nuts and seeds are fairly high in calories and fat they are great for satisfying salt cravings. They're also high in protein and contain healthy unsaturated fats, including omega-3-fatty acids. Don't overeat when it comes to nuts and seeds, but do add them to your diet in moderation--especially if they help satisfy your salt cravings.

3. Pickles

Pickles are low in calories, fat-free, and contain a significant amount of sodium. They are a great way to satisfy your salt craving without adding many calories. Choosing low-calorie foods to snack on such as pickles will help you maintain a healthy weight.

4. Olives

Green and black olives are salty and low in calories. Although they do contain some fat, it's healthy unsaturated fats including omega-3s.

5. Cottage Cheese

Believe it or not cottage cheese is high in sodium and a good source of protein and calcium. If you choose a low-fat or fat-free version, cottage cheese is low in calories as well. Try adding it to fruit or vegetable salads to give you a healthy meal or snack alternative and kick that salt craving to the curb.

6. Popcorn

Popcorn is high in fiber and can be a healthy snack if you don't add lots of extra butter. Look for varieties of popcorn that are made with less butter (or no butter). Eating a diet that is high in fiber has been shown to have many health benefits and can help you maintain a healthy weight.

7. Balsamic Vinaigrette

Added to a salad, a balsamic vinaigrette is an excellent way to cure your salt craving. It's loaded with healthy unsaturated fats; ingredients include canola, soybean, and olive oils. Balsamic vinaigrettes are fairly high in sodium, so remember moderation is key, especially if the rest of your diet is high in sodium.

8. Hummus

Hummus contains moderate amounts of sodium and is a healthy way to satisfy your salt craving since is contains protein and healthy fats. It makes a great snack when you spread it on low-fat crackers, pretzels, raw vegetables, or a whole wheat bagel.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:42 PM   #113  

cals-1955 (120), Ex-Strength class at the y.

Renee-Sorry I don't have slow cooker recipes. I only make beef stew. Loved the salt craving tips. My fav are pickles-I eat Snack Ems at lunch. And olives-yum!

Dee-I know! I miss my young nails. I mainly keep mine cut short.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:51 AM   #114  
Sandee

Good morning all,
Dh just left for work, after posting this I go back to sleep until 7:30.

Renee... Thanks for the salt cravings tips. I'll b sure to buy several this week. I love Sabra hummus w roasted red peppers maybe I'll look for the recipe online. Plus nuts, pickles, olives & cottage cheese . I wonder why the list didn't include lemons/limes or bacon draining the fat often, which is my favorite salty food, & also cutting the slices in pieces dipping half the slice in melted chocolate then let it dry for a appetizer plate A BLT is one of my favorite sandwiches. I really miss my garden already

For my nails breaking, I guess I need to start wiping them w cooking oil again daily like I do every winter.

Tera... Way to go girl w your strength training @ the Y

Has anyone tried a hydroponic garden in the winter months indoors? I think I may do some research on it this winter.

I bought a bag of pinto beans & soaked them so I'll use them to make refried beans today, Taco Tuesday

Old 11-17-2015, 06:11 AM   #115  

Dee - I miss my garden too, but don't miss all the work! I use this down time to take a rest and start planning for next year. The seed catalogs will soon be arriving.
I can't believe the holidays are right around the corner! I need to get my lists going. We do traditional Thanksgiving and Italian Christmas eve dinners.

Yesterday:
S - graham crackers
L - ham and cheese sandwich and chicken soup
S - banana
D - italian beef and veggies

Last edited by Renee3; 11-17-2015 at 06:12 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:24 PM   #116  

cals-1715 (160), Ex-Y step class.

Dee-Thx for the encouragement. I love my Y classes. Good luck with the hydroponic research.

Renee-I am looking forward to T-Day also. In fact, we are having a turkey with pot luck sides tomorrow at work. Not good for my diet!
Old 11-18-2015, 04:53 AM   #117  

Good morning ladies! Hope everyone is doing well. I think I will start my Christmas shopping today......most of it will be done online as I'm almost leary of going to a mall where there are crowds of people. It's a very scary world right now

Yesterday:
S - banana
L - leftover stirfry
S - graham crackers
D - baked chicken and spaghetti squash
Old 11-18-2015, 05:40 AM   #118  
Sandee

Hello girls
Our temps r going back down to the 50's today I'll miss our warm weather.

Renee... Enjoy your shopping today I like seeing things in the store to see the quality, but I do buy half my items online also.

Tera... I hope your work lunch is yummy, I like trying new food
It sounds like u go to the Y often, I'd just b careful about the germs passed around so pLease b careful.

Today I must start house cleaning, I have lots of clutter to sort out.

Have a nice hump day.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:00 PM   #119  

cals-1780 (180), ex-strength class at the Y.

Renee-oooo, shopping-fun! Hope you find some great stuff and great deals.

Dee-I bet you are right about the Y but both virus' I had recently showed up right after plane trips. Guess what I am doing in a few weeks?!!! Hopefully no more illness.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:21 AM   #120  

Tera are you planning a trip?

Raining and chilly here today. Good day to stay in and watch a movie

Yesterday:
S - banana
L - chicken sandwich
S - pretzels
D - italian beef potpie
Closed Thread