Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #76  

Height: 5'3"

Slept really good last night..and I really needed it. Yesterday I did a little extra cleaning in the main bathroom, and cleaned out the washer. I didn't have any washing soda and was too lazy to walk back into the kitchen so I just used borox. Seemed to clean it well. I dried and put away some clothes but somehow "mis-placed" one item...still can't find it. Don't remember hanging it or putting it away in a drawer or anything, but I can't find it and I know it was there. Strange things happen to me anymore. I also did some grocery shopping. Today we need to go to Costco for a couple items and to the CU. So far I have done nothing.

Karen3 - You are the only person I know that has been married longer than dh and I. At least that I have heard. Congrats on your long lasting marriage! I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow! Please don't let it be the day you finally kill him!

Wannabe - Had to smile at your dh sitting on the porch hiding behind the tree.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Wow we!!!!!! Today is a top ten cajun weather day. Cold front came thru. House is open. North wind is blowing thru the house. Sunshine is so bright. Wish I was at the camp sitting by a campfire with a good book instead of working. Supposed to be in the upper 40's tonight!!!!
Old 10-14-2014, 04:13 PM   #78  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG's

It is a beautiful sun shiny day today. Temperature about 70*

Busy day yesterday ~ errands ~ what started out as a couple, turned into an all day excursion. Not my favorite thing. But I got to hug on my son, so it was worth it.

DH was good to me over the weekend ~ let me have yet one more chance in my search for an exercise I would enjoy that doesn't cause me pain. I had been trying to think of what I could do. I like riding my bike best of all, but it is so hot out a lot of the time, that when I can't ride it, I procrastinate about walking or what ever else and don't end up doing anything. I have a recumbent exercise bike, but it kills my back. Since I like bike riding the best, I thought if I had an exercise bike that you sit on like a regular bicycle, that I would like that and that would give me an option for when it is too hot to ride outside. I looked at the local online classifieds, and found one. I went to the sporting goods store where the person said they bought it and tried one out ~ I loved it. I sent the person a message to find out if it was still available ~ keeping my fingers crossed that it was. Didn't hear back, so called and left a voice message. The guy called back and it was still available, so made arrangements to go see it. When I first told DH about it, he kind of rolled his eyes, because over the years, I have gotten all kinds of stuff, and use it a little, then don't end up liking it. I had to convince him that I would really like this one. So (probably against his better judgement) he let me get it. The man selling it ~ was the same as me ~ thought he would use it, but didn't end up using it as much as he thought he would.

I have used it every day since I got it. Have to build up my time, but getting there. I found a gel seat cushion I asked DH to order for me ~ the seat is fairly comfortable, but would be more so with this seat cushion. Now, when DH has time and gets the TV cable thing working in that room again, so I can watch TV while I pedal, it will be perfect.

Cajun ~ glad you are having some cooler weather to enjoy

Mary ~ glad you had a good rest last night. Sorry things keep disapearing on you. Did you ever finally find those video tapes that you “put away” and then couldn't find. I can't remember. I have had that trouble ~ I discovered that I can not straighten up while talking on the phone ~ because I am not concentrating/paying attention ~ and I put stuff away, then can't remember where I put it.

Carol Sue ~ you gave me a smile for the day ~ when you said about exercise equipment that you actually have to use them for them to work. LOL ~ love it.

K3 ~ Again ~ happy anniversary ~ do you guys have special plans for today? Enjoy

Bobbi ~ how are you doing? Any news on your Grandson?

Lynn ~ are you healing nicely ~ how is your knee feeling?

Donna ~ so glad you are able to do the shopping now and not have to be in pain.

TamTam ~ work keeping you busy?

Judy ~ how are you doing? Hope your hip and back are feeling better.

K31 ~ how are you? Are Sissy and Bella still keeping you running? Did the rain finally stop?

Well, it is almost time for Maddie to get off the bus, so I'd better be going.

Hope you all are having a good day.

Take care
Old 10-14-2014, 05:07 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Gayle, I'm glad you liked my little joke about using the exercise equipment. DH tells me the same thing when I'm sitting in my recliner watching my exercise videos! LOL
Old 10-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #80  
jmhwis50

S/C/G: 182/ 145/ 135

Height: 5 ft 3inches

Good afternoon ladies, well I flipped my mattress today hoping that would help my back a little, I guess time will tell. I know with tax return money we will be getting a new one. Well CJ my grandson leaves next week for school. I know he has to do something with his life but I will miss him. Of all my kids and grandkids he mostly reminds me of myself as a young person. Mary I am so sorry things keep on disappearing on you. I thought I was the only person that happened to. LOL So far I have lost 2 sets of keys, CJ's glasses, and my yoga tape. Happy Anniversary (late) Karen3. Hope you had a great day. Anybody I have missed I apologize. Well we are finally having fall like weather. yesterday DH and I went for a ride to check out fall colors. We were too late should have went a couple of weeks ago. Have decided to eat low carb and count calories. The other doesn't seem to work, as I am always hungry. The fat seems to control my appetite. I haven't had many carbs or calories today and I haven't been hungry for hours. (YEAH!!!!!) So maybe I have found a way to knock out my appetite which is my main complaint on a calorie counting, portion control diet.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #81  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Hello ladies. WOrking the day is winding down. Awesome weather, but it was really serious before the cool front came through. Hope you all have a blessed evening.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. Today is weigh in day. I lost the lb I gained last week plus 1.5 more. That makes 21.5 in 17 weeks. Hoping for another 20 in the next 17 weeks. My jeans are getting baggy but my smaller jeans are still a little to snug to wear comfortable. Dh and the boys made it back from their hunting trip. They had fun. I'm glad they are back. We will be packing for the camp Thursday afternoon. I'm off Friday. Woo hoo.

Judy I have to agree with you. Carbs make you hungry. The less you take in the fuller you stay.
Tam I'm enjoying this cooler weather especially with the lower humidity.
Carol sue. I'm guilty of watching exercise shows and thinking I could do that but never seem to try.
Gayle I'm glad you are enjoying your bike. Those bikes hurt my pelvis/tailbone.
I was wondering if you continued to have little maddie after school and on holidays.
Mary housework is a never ending thing. Do you have to clean your dons laundry and room since he moved back home. When my boys moved out my work load was cut drastically. With just dh and I here things stay in order. Just your every day cleanup. Much easier.

I'm out of time. Hi Donna k3 k31 Rosey Bobbi Lynn.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 10-15-2014, 01:05 PM   #83  

Good morning all! Sitting here drinking my breakfast. Lots of odds n ends to take care of today plus of course the daily routine. Dh has an appt with his eye dr, the prescription they gave him does not seem to be strong enough so hopefully they will up it a bit. Dh had fun fishing yesterday although again, he didn't catch anything he could keep. He hasn't caught one for a very long time, and finally admitted he thinks he's not so fast anymore at responding to the bites. I had a feeling that was it because he used to catch so many but didn't want to say it. But he still enjoys being out there and the camaraderie with the other men so it is good for him.

Cajun - He told me not to do his laundry or clean, however when I'm dong laundry and see his needs doing, I grab it and do it. Same with cleaning, if I'm cleaning anyway, I might as well do it. When I'm changing sheets, I change that bed too. The bathroom is also our main bathroom so I like to keep it decent. It's not that much more effort really and I don't mind. Glad you are enjoying some cooler weather.

Judy - Hope the flipping of your mattress helps your back. My mid to lower back on the rt side has really been bothering me recently. Tylenol does help some usually but lying down is the best position for me. Really look forward to going to bed. I think I may need a new office chair. I notice some that have a higher back than mine plus the stuffing is beginning to come out of the seat of mine. So think it might be time to make a change anyway and it might help my back too. Protein and fat are both filling and help me not to eat quite so much. Yesterday I made a protein drink of 3/4 c non-fat milk, a scoop of powdered protein, a scoop oats (used protein scoop), 1/2 banana, and 1 T chia seeds and several ice cubes. I did add a little sweetener as it wasn't sweet enough for me, but it was pretty good and filling.

Glynne - Glad you are enjoying our new exercise bike!
Old 10-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #84  
Want to feel better

Good afternoon GG's,

It is a nice sunny fall like day again today. I am loving the cooler temperatures. It was so pleasant waiting outside for Maddie's bus to come yesterday. (Yes, Cajun ~ we still have Maddie after school each day.)

Found (on Amazon) a padded seat cushion for my exercise bike. The seat on it is pretty good, but will be more comfortable with the addidion of the padded thing.

Feel a little like a cold or something coming on ~ sneezing more than usual and coughing a little. I keep waking up earlier in the mornings than I want to and then not being able to go back to sleep. Maybe it is the change from super hot humid to this cool weather that is the cause of this sneezing/coughing cold like thing.

So, I made a pot of chicken noodle soup ~ not homemade ~ the cheating kind
That Bear Creek Chicken noodle soup. I had some left over cooked turkey in the freezer, so thawed a bag of that and cut it up and put in there. Should be yummy and hopefully chase away this cold.

My adventure for the day: I saved out a little of the turkey chunks to make a sandwich. I don't eat bread very often anymore, but that turkey made me think of one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving ~ a nice turkey sandwich. I got it all fixed up and wanted to sprinkle a little salt on it first. I hardly ever use salt, but put a little sprinkle on a turkey sandwich. Well, I went to sprinkle and the whole lid fell off and I ended up with more than a sprinkle on my sandwich ~ probably no more than a teaspoon, but I couldn't eat my sandwich that way. Thankfully, I hadn't put the rest of the turkey into the soup yet. So I scraped what was on the bread off into the soup ~ figured that that amount of salt wouldn't ruin the soup. And I hadn't added the rest of the turkey yet, so I saved out a little more and was still able to have my sandwich.

I've been a slug ~ haven't felt like doing much of anything today. Hope the feeling passes ~ got stuff I want/need to be doing.

Hope you all are having a good day.

Last edited by glynne; 10-15-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #85  

Glynne - I have done that before with salt, so know how you must have felt. At least you saved it nicely. Your soup sounds really good! It's time for soup. Today is cool and raining. I forgot I didn't answer your question about the DVDs I lost. Yes, I did find them...they were covered by something, else so even though I thought I'd look in the drawer I didn't see them. I thought they were a tall enough spool that nothing would cover them but I was wrong.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:02 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

To those of you having back problems, DH and I were both having back problems. We kept buying new mattresses, even though the old ones were still good. Finally, we got a Sleep Number bed and that did the trick. It seems that I need a firm mattress and he needs a soft one, so no mattress we would ever buy would be good for both of us. My number is 70 and his number is 40. Big difference!
Old 10-15-2014, 06:29 PM   #87  
Want to feel better

Carol Sue ~ how is it determined what number each person needs on the sleep number mattresses?
Old 10-15-2014, 07:00 PM   #88  

Height: 5' 2"

We've been married for 57 years and still enjoy our time together. With DH retiring last December, we were wondering if that would make it too much, especially in winter with snow and ice.

Actually, he surprised me by joining me for some activities he swore he woulde never do. never can tell.

Laundry, I exchanged with our kids, when they reached 13 they could have extra privileges IF they took over all their laundry including sheets. With 7 in household I was glad to let loose of this. Only problem was our son's room started to smell, he went far too long with dirty clothes hidden under his bed!

Strength machines for almost hour today with 25 min. on recumbent bike.

Hope the bike works for those trying it and the bed is more comfortable, and each one can enjoy a good night's sleep.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:40 PM   #89  

Good morning! Another good nights sleep although I took some Tyl and Benedryl last night to make sure I got it. No back ache yesterday and so far none this morning. Today I'm washing towels and sheets and today is my weekly cleaning day so much to do. I've so far gotten the bathrooms mostly clean...want to go back for a couple quick things and I've got one load of towels in and the beds stripped. Having breakfast at my desk.

We have had such a problem with fruit flies this year!! When we left on our trip, someone left 1/2 banana on top of the flat top range and it was blamed on that. But last night I found out someone had brought in a bucket of tomatoes from the garden and set them up on the fridge. Since our son keeps a lot of his food/beverages up there it wasn't seen until yesterday and it was then tomato soup and not the good kind! So that was why we had so many fruit flies!! I set up two traps...one in the kitchen and one in my office and so far have caught a couple. Hopefully with the source removed and the traps they will be gone soon.

Love2garden -welcome to our group! Seven kids, wow! I can relate to the dirty clothes under the bed...I raised 4 kids, that was enough although I love everyone of them. Congrats on the 57 years of marriage...quite an accomplishment these days! I've only been married 52 years so now I know two in this group have more years than we do.

Hi to everyone else!!
Old 10-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #90  
Jacksonville, FL

Smile

On the last day of our Ohio trip...good times with family and our son who is the great cook has done well....he also cooks healthy, I've been able to keep on track even with Jeni's Fine Creams one night ans Graeters the next day...the best thing is I don't have any cravings for ice cream any more even with eating the high butterfat kind....we will see what the damage is Saturday!! Love the fall leaf colors and the cooler weather. But....ready to get home, averaging 900 calories a day!!
Closed Thread