Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 07:04 PM   #151  

Height: 5' 2"

Mary, I'm still having the sweats at time, and certainly the cold feet and I'm older than you are. Oops, doesn't give you much hope does it. I don't have any diseases but arthritis and asthma - neither of these should cause the sweats.

Your battle to get bedroom comfortable sounds like my parents. Dad told this on mom. "We just get to sleep and she says loudly 'We're hot' and raises the window as she takes off the covers. Then just as Dad gets back to sleep. Mom says, 'We're cold as she reverses the activity. When they retired and moved to Florida they went in separate rooms with each sleeping so much better. Mom always assumed that everyone felt as she did.

Carol Sue, I don't dare be without a sweat band when I'm in garden, or even walking outside in warm weather. Sweat really burns in the eyes!

Yesterday I worked out in a very chilly gym and enjoyed it, but still had wet T shirt. Then I put on fleece jacket to go to a very cold room for over 2 hours and was shivering. Next time I'm taking dry clothes to change into before leaving the gym.

Today back to both places but used better sense. DH went with me, but he watched the Gym TV instead of working out. Actually I enjoy the exercise. It certainly is giving me better strength and breathing better, too.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:10 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Mary, an overactive thyroid can also cause hot flashes and intense sweating, just as underactive causes sensitivity to cold. I would imagine that is something men could get, too.

Lovetogarden, I will have to try wearing a sweatband. I never thought of that. I don't get intensely sweaty when I exercise, but I don't exercise at a high intensity due to my heart disease. I was not told to take it easy, but I just don't want DH to find me on the floor. I think gentle exercise is still better than none at all. I must be one of the youngsters in the group. I am 68.

I know of 2 people, both men, who fell over dead while exercising. One on a treadmill and the other walking outside. Both died instantly. Both had heart disease, but one was not aware of it. I realize that we never know when our time will come. Everyone doesn't live to be elderly.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #153  

Thyroid issues can really make a difference. I was diagnosed with under=active thyroid over 15 years ago. Small doses were enough to make it even out and I'm actually comfortable more often and simply put on a light layer if I have a good book or good movie because I know I'll forget to move.

I bet my increased comfort comes from getting enough sleep, increasing my activity, and far less anxiety.

Yes, 68 sounds younger. My 78th birthday is Saturday. I forgot about it until DH mentioned "You know what Saturday is, don't you?" I said yes and named the teams playing football that we like to watch.

He laughed and reminded me. Celebrating my birthday isn't something I think about often. Don't mind, but don't need to be noticed.

My determination to increase my steps is paying off. I'm above my goal of 5,000 for the 5th day out of 7. Getting up every hour to move is making a big difference.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:47 AM   #154  

Happy Birthday Lovetogarden, I hope I'm doing as well as your are ten years from now. Heck, I'll be happy to just be here! LOL

I bought a Fitbit One with some gift cards I had received. It keeps track of my steps and I am ashamed to say that many of my days are under 5000 steps per day. It's only if I go out somewhere that I reach 5000 or go over. My highest was 6000+. I doubt if my legs could hold up to do the 10,000 that are recommended. Having the Fitbit does remind me to get up and move. The supermarket is only a couple miles from my house. Maybe I should stop stocking up on food and start going to the store every day. Walking around the supermarket would do me good.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:33 PM   #155  

Carol Sue, Thanks for birthday wishes. I'm truly amazed I'm in as good shape as I am inspite of lots of weight added. Luckily I very strong bones and perhaps good genes.

My goal to average 5,000 steps perday for 35,000 steps a week. Spreading the steps over the week means some days I'm over and can make up for the days when I move less.

Today I spent well over an hour working out at the gym while DH patiently waited for me or talked with others.

I enjoy the exercises and can see how much I've improved since I began in late July or August. Just seeing the fact I can lift more weight or such as I compete with myself, is certainly encouraging.

DS is in Florida with DDIL for a conference. He called me last night and we talked again this morning. He is in training to add another service for our family business. I say "our" but DH and I are retired from the business we 4 began many years ago. We both are glad we don't have to be trained in still another service, but can decide what to do and when.

We have it very good,even if our temperatures are not as good as they have in Florida. DS will be home next Thurs, but those two will enjoy just having some "Date-Nights" without kids or grandkids.

We live 12 miles from the grocery store, so I won't be walking there, for sure. I still like living out of the traffic in town.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #156  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Woke up earlier than I wanted to and couldn't go back to sleep ~ so here I am.

I spent my day yesterday doing an online driver safety course from AARP. I think we get lower auto insurance rates by doing that. It said it would take around 4 hours. Eight hours had gone by, by the time I was done. I took little breaks here and there and stopped for a bit while my daughter and granddaughter were here and again while I made supper. Anyway, glad that is done.

I had finished supper and was gonna relax the rest of the evening when my son called and needed help with something. It was fun, a visit and helping him all rolled into one. By the time I was done with that though ~ I was tired and went right to bed.

I was so stupid yesterday with the eating. DH had been out shopping and brought back several bags of marked down halloween candy. I was bad and got into it. The stupid part is that it wasn't even the good (to me) stuff. It was tootsie rolls and those peanut butter things that are kind of like taffy. I wish he wouldn't do that. Or that if he did, he would bring it in when I wasn't looking or leave it in the car until he could bring it in so I didn't see it and put it away somewhere where I wouldn't come across it.

Love2garden ~ sorry I got here late to wish you a Happy Birthday. Hope it was a nice day. What kind of exercises do you do at the gym that you feel are helping you?

Carol Sue ~ I don't know much about the fit bit thing ~ how does it remind you to get up and move? Yes, it seems some of the ladies aren't coming around much anymore. I'm glad there are still a few of us left. I have been coming here so long, I would feel lost without a place to check in and be able to share and ask for help and give some support too.

Mary ~ how are you doing? Hope you are having a nice weekend. How is Joe doing?

You ladies put me to shame ~ I am younger, but you all do way better at the physical activity and exercise than I do. I need badly to do better with that.

Hi Donna, Judy, Mugwump, Tam Tam, Cajun and everyone else.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:56 PM   #157  

Today I went to DWS, Designer Shoe Warehouse. They sent me a coupon for $20 off a $49 purchase. I thought that was a pretty good deal so I went to look. I found a pair of shoes I liked. They were $69.95 plus an additional 30% off. That took them down to $48 and some odd change but they let me use the coupon anyway, so I got them for $29. I love getting a bargain! I have them on now, trying to break them in a little bit before I wear them anywhere. They are a leather casual slip-on shoe with a bit of a heel.

Gayle
, to be honest, I do a lot better talking about exercise than I do doing it! LOL I know what I should be doing, but sometimes getting up and doing it is another story.

The Fitbit doesn't actually remind me to get up and move, but knowing I have it on I realize that it will only add up more steps if I get out of my recliner. Some places that I go I take the stairs instead of the escalator so I can get some more steps recorded. I have a bad knee and have to take the steps slowly, but I don't do the big flights of stairs, just the little ones. Some places people get behind me and don't like that I am going so slow, but that's the way it goes. They will be old some day, too.

I would like to take one of those driver safety courses but DH would never do it. I think we would both have to do it to get a discount on insurance. I'll do most anything to save a little money. Other than being long, was it hard?
Old 11-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #158  

Height: 5'3"

We babysat our local gc for two nights, so the new trundle bed finally got put to use. I wish I could say I like it but in some ways I really don't. I like the looks of it and I'm glad to have another bed for the kids but when out it takes up all the space in my office and is a hassle pulling out/pushing back in, and remaking bed each day. For brief visits like this one I'll just leave it out but have a longer one coming up in Dec. Praying for creative ideas before then

Wannabe- Great deal on the shoes! I love it when I get a good deal. I am hardly exercising right now. I feel like I'm getting weaker and stiffer by the day. I could go to the gym but don't want to leave dh. He could even go to the gym but he doesn't want to yet and I don't blame him He still has some drainage and he is very tired. I think he feels better when he gets outside but with the cool and wet weather he doesn't go out every day. Sometimes he goes out on the patio though and even that seems to help. As I've already mentioned though he is very sensitive to the cool air.
I used to use a pedometer and became discouraged because I just couldn't get my steps up. Also didn't think the pedometer was very accurate, I'm sure the fitbits are much better though. My pedometers were just cheap ones too, sometimes free even.

Glynne - I know how you feel.. candy is so hard for me to resist.

Love - GFY on all the exercise!! I look forward to getting back to the gym. I think I feel more tired when I'm not doing my workout. I am trying to move more here at home. Seems like with everything that's been going on with dh I stopped doing a lot of my home exercises...trying to get back into it. Oh didn't realize you had a birthday! Happy Belated Birthday!! I'm like you I often forget all about my birthday. Same with our anniversary. Just not that sentimental about dates. Yes it isn't encouraging to hear of others even older still having these issues but it happens. My sister who is 80 has one hot flash every 24 hrs in the middle of the night. The way she describes it though sounds more like a panic attack to me. Mine is just heat with a body rush. When they were really bad (early 60s) I used to feel a little panicking as in wanting to remove all my clothes quickly! LOL I hated it when it happened in a place I couldn't do that! Had to laugh about your parents. I am determined to stay in the same bed...I feel strongly about that as long as possible at least...so we just make compromises.

Love/Wannabe - Oh thyroid, I didn't think of that...and I'm sure there are others that cause night sweats. I've also heard that some meds cause the hot flashes. Can't remember which ones though. I know when my bs is too high I don't feel so good...kinda drugged feeling and tired as well as maybe more hot flashes. My new med works great in the am but not so well in the evenings. I think I need to take two a day, well, or change my eating.
I have the same problem when I work hard in the yard. A sweat band is a good idea. Usually I don't work outside much but I had to do it all for a while when dh fractured his leg four years ago.

We haven't gotten back to church yet since the surgery. Usually our main meal on Sunday (after church) is our dinner and we just snack in the evening but tonight will be our dinner just like a week night. I'm making a beef and green bean stir-fry and rice.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:40 AM   #159  

Beef and green bean stir fry with rice sounds good. However, I remember my times with the trundle bed. Our two younger daughters shared a room and I thought the trundle would be a better option to a bunk bed. The older on top kept her bed neat, and the younger in the bottom was and still is a very messy one. The trundle solved that issue.

When I'm at the gym I use the recumbent bike for 10 min to begin, and end with the strength machines in between. I feel satisfied when I can lift one or more times more than I had previously. Even better, when I can add extra weight and still lift 10 or more. Competing with myself is fun to me.

Evidently the exercise is really making a difference. Yesterday I was able to go up a flight of steps in a normal way and only relied on the railing for balance! Haven't done that in ages.

We saw the play "Fiddler on the Room" and our two youngest daughters joined me in thoroughly enjoying the music, dancing and all of us know the story so well. We laughed, tried not to tap or feet and bother those around us. I get so lost in a good production that I'm floating on air. Our youngest daughter acted in lots of plays in High School so she sees what I couldn't imagine. Other daughter has a degree in Literature so she understands from still another angle.

What a delight to have them with me. We went to our favorite Asian restaurant to talk for a long time. Absolutely perfect time and I'm so grateful for my husband insisting we go while he watches NFL and is far happier.

Oh Yes, after the play we chose a door I thought was a ramp up to the loby, but instead had 2 flights of steps! I got them all but the last flight was with good leg leading and the other simply holding place. Strength training is making a huge difference!!!.

My pedometer gives me the feed back like Carol Sue's fitbit. I discovered that yesterday's successes at play, with daughters, and climbing the steps, still left me below my goal of 5,000 steps a day. Should have parked further away, I suppose.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:33 PM   #160  
Want to feel better

Good afternoon GG's,

It has been a pretty nice day. It is the time of year when I have to keep changing clothes. Start out the day with long pants and a sweater ~ then later in the day ~ get warmed up and put on something cooler and sipping on iced tea. Now, back in the long pants and sweater and sipping on a cup of hot tea.

Coming down the home stretch with another baby afghan. My brother and his wife had another child. Hoping to maybe finish it tonight (it is a pattern that works up pretty quickly) so I can get it sent out and get to work on some other stuff I need to get done.

I did better with the food today. Moved that dangerous bowl of halloween candy in by DH ~ I don't want to see it.

Also did better with the exercise. The scale had creeped up some more and besides, I just need to move. I keep thinking at the end of each day that I will do it “tomorrow” but when tomorrow gets here ~ it is so easy to find excuses and get busy with other stuff and not get it done. I have come up with a plan that I hope I can stick to. I broke it up into parts (I aim for 30 minutes). I did 7 ½ minutes on my exercise bike. Then I went out a bit later and went around the circle (½ mile) ~ that takes me 15 minutes. I take my cane with me ~ I feel a little more secure having it. I like getting outside some when it is nice and not too hot ~ I think the fresh air and sunshine does me good ~ makes me feel good. I have the last little part left to do ~ 7 ½ minutes on the treadmill. That seems do-able and tolerable.

I used to use a pedometer, but I too was not sure if it was accurate. So, that was kind of frustrating. Is the fit bit thing more accurate? Not sure I want to spend money on another gadget.

Hope you all have had a good day.

ETA: I didn't get in that last little piece of time on the treadmill like I had planned/hoped to do. I have sciatic pain and it was hurting pretty badly, so I just didn't go it. My Rheumatologist is wanting me to try to come off the Celebrex ~ she says that the other medicines I am on for Rheumatoid Arthritis, should also take care of the osteoarthritis pains as well as the Rheumatoid arthritis pain. She told me I could keep a prescription for it and use it kind of as needed for extra painful times. I'm not sure that that sciatic pain has anything to do with either one of those ~ but it seems like when I have skipped it ~ that sciatic pain is even worse. Not much fun

Last edited by glynne; 11-10-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:25 PM   #161  

Height: 5'3"

Started a post this morning but then got busy and never finished it. I had an appt with my dermatologist who said not to rub or scratch my itchy ears and to continue as I've been. It's hard not to rub/scratch when they itch but I told her I'd try not to. Then we went to Verizon to see if they had the phone I wanted and they offered me a good deal so I bought the newer model of the Samsung Galaxy Note. They were out of the one I was going to get and after discounts I got the most recent model the 4 for only $50. Dh got an iphone5 for free (after discounts) plus we still had $150 to apply on some of the new phone charges. There is definitely going to be a learning curve going from apple to android but so far I think I like it. We have 14 days to decide. It is a very large phone that doesn't fit in any of my purse pockets but don't think that will be a big problem, at least I hope not.

Glynne - Smiled at your changing clothes so often due to the changing temps. I have one mode..warm, so at least I don't have that problem. I mostly wear short sleeved tops and long pants or skirts no matter what the weather. I might wear a long skirt and boots in the winter or capris/shorts in the summer but that's about the only change I make year round. I do occasionally wear light weight long sleeves but not often. Today it was about 54 degrees, dh wore a coat and I went without coat in my short sleeves. He thinks I'm wierd, and I guess I am. GFY on the exercise! I worked in the yard a little while, hope that counts a little, but it wasn't much. My weight has really crept up...was going up and down, now mostly up, but overall I guess it is the same 7# the new med put on me and it's all gone to my belly.

Love - When I'm at the gym, I do about the same routine as you...I walk/jog about 15-18 min which is a mile for me. Then I ride the stationary bike for about 15 min (trying for 30 min cardio), and then in whatever time I have left (before dh is ready) I use the weight machines. I also try for about 6 min on the hand bike (PT for my left shoulder and arm I injured almost 3 years ago) if I can get to it as they only have one. Of course it depends how in shape I am at the time...right now I'm very out of shape so I'll have to work my way back to that (esp the jogging) probably. Usually I jog two ends of the track but sometimes I get bored or if I haven't done it for a while and I just walk or sometimes I just walk and/or jog 1/2 mile instead. In that case I increase my time on the bike. I like to walk outside but inside I prefer the bike as I can read while I'm on it. Glad you enjoyed the play and being with your dds. Wow with all those stairs I would think you got in a lot of steps! Perhaps it will help with the scale at least.

We had fast food for lunch while Verizon was downloading dh's data from his old phone. I am at least tracking today but haven't eaten very healthy. We are just getting our own dinners from whatever we have on hand tonight. We call that "pantry night." I always offer to fix anything dh wants but he usually prefers to get his own. He is doing amazingly well...no pain at all today and he had to stand a lot at the Verizon store and then came home and mowed both lawns. I insisted he call me to empty the clippings but he instead just left them for mulch. He has such a hard time asking for help, makes me think of a two year old.."I"ll do it myself!" I was glad I at least took care of the plants although I'm sure he would have done that too. He sees his surgeon tomorrow and I predict he will say, leave off the binder and dressing and let it air. It is still draining a little though which is why I keep a nonstick dressing over it but only tape the top and bottom to allow air to pass through middle when he leaves off the binder, but I do believe it mostly needs more air.

Have an appt with the insurance provider (healthcare) also tomorrow and have to go back to Verizon so tomorrow looks like another run around day. I have to remind myself this is why I try to keep up with my house when I can because of days like this when I don't get to it.

Back is starting to hurt with this long post so better close. How you doing today, Wannabe? Hi to everyone else!

Last edited by maryea; 11-10-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:36 PM   #162  
Want to feel better

Good evening GG's,

Almost bed time now. It was kind of a dreary day today. I ate just so-so. Didn't get any exercise in.

DS called first thing this morning needing my help with something. I told him to get some sleep first (he works the night shift) and I would come in the afternoon before he went to work.

Always glad to get a chance to spend some time with him. The hours of his job and length of his shift leave him little time for getting together with people.

Sorry I didn't get to any personals tonight. Will try to tomorrow.

Hoping for a good rest for everyone.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #163  

I typed up a long post yesterday and it vanished into oblivion. LOL We were leaving so I didn't have time to re-post.

I wanted to tell all about the Fitbit for those who are interested. It is probably not more accurate than a regular pedometer but gives you a lot more information. I am satisfied getting a number in the ball park and don't expect it to be perfect. I think you can buy more precise trackers, but they cost more money. I have no particular reason for it to be exact. For example, a girl on another board was complaining that it counted steps when she was driving her car. That is because as you move your foot from the gas pedal to the brake, it considers that taking a step. I told her she could take it off while she's driving. It continues to count calories even when you're not wearing it, because you are always burning calories, even while sleeping. I noticed that it does not always count all my flights of stairs. I think that's because I have a bad knee and have to walk up stair slowly, one step at a time. Also, if I am very active, like when I'm walking around the mall, it adds flights of stairs that I do not go up. But I like it for all the info it gives you online. It shows your activity in 15 min increments so you can tell when you were most active. There is a way you can track your food and exercise with it, but I haven't done that yet. It can also be synced to use with a smart phone instead of the computer. It's just a fun gadget, and I like gadgets. I have used a heart rate monitor watch for years. The first one I had for years broke. The second one I bought was confiscated by DH, so I bought a third one. The brand I like best is Sportline sold in the sporting goods dept at WalMart and Dicks Sporting Goods. It has a chest strap so you can get a continuous heart rate while you exercise, and you can also wear it without the strap, but then you have to press a button to get your heart rate just at that moment. I like the continuous readout while I exercise, and now that I have heart disease, that has become more important to me. If my heart rate goes too high or I start to get an irregular heart beat I can stop exercising right away. Some other brands, like Polar, do not have the chest strap and you cannot get a continuous reading. If you want one that counts steps, Walmart has one of those in the Health and Beauty Aids dept.

Mary, I use a Tracfone instead of a contract phone. I recently upgraded to an android phone, but I still don't know how to use any of the features. It took me a while to learn how to answer it when it rang. LOL I am not very knowledgeable of these things.

I'm glad to hear that Joe is able to get around better. Going to the Verizon store AND cutting the grass is a good sign that he is healing. Maybe he could go to the gym with you but just sit while you get in some exercise. Or he might be able to do some very light walking for a short time. It would be similar to cutting the grass.....or does he use a riding mower?

Love2garden, when I was exercising regularly I was beginning to see improvements similar to what you have mentioned. Going up steps was getting easier and sometimes I was able to walk up stairs normally instead of doing one step at a time. You are inspiring me to get back to my exercising, as I know it will help keep my mobility. I could get a stair-lift for the cellar steps, but I really don't want to lose my ability to go up and down steps. I got away from my daily exercise when I had my last surgery, but that was in 2012 and I have long been healed. I exercise sporatically, but it is so hard to get back to it regularly once you get away from it. I think once I start to see improvements again I will continue. This week we have been doing a lot of shopping so I'm getting in a lot of walking. My legs and knees hurt from it, but I know that's just because I'm out of condition. I havn't been on the scale lately but I'm hoping I'm down a bit. When I am out of the house shopping like I've been lately, I forget about eating. I don't like to stop for lunch because nothing you get out there is healthy. By the time I get home for dinner I'm really hungry. That's been helping with my blood sugar, too.

Gayle, you are such a caring and giving person, always so involved with your children and little Maddie. I'm sure your DS appreciated your help.

Didn't you get an exercise bike recently, or are you just planning on getting one. I wondered if that is working better for you than the incumbent bike.

I have an afghan that I never finished and I've lost interest in it. I wanted to start making small lap afghans to donate to the local nursing home, but I refuse to start another project before finishing the one I have started. I procrastonate so much on everything. I need one of those Nike shirts that say "Just Do It!" LOL
Old 11-12-2014, 01:40 PM   #164  
Want to feel better

Good afternoon GG's,

It is a sunny day here today. Love that sunshine. A little chilly ~ but oh well.

Doing my exercise a little different today. It is silly ~ don't know if it even counts. In have read that even if you break it up into smaller chunks it counts ~ but the small chunks I have broken it up into ~ not sure. I get so stiff when I sit ~ so I am trying to make myself get up every hour and walk around the house for like 5 minutes. I hurt less when I am sitting in my chair, but I get scared that if I don't keep moving ~ that eventually I won't be able to.

Part of my dilema is that my Rheumatologist wants me to cut back on or get off of altogether my celebrex. (I have both kinds of arthritis ~ osteo and rheumatoid) She says that the meds I take for the rheumatoid arthritis should take care of the osteoarthritis as well. But to me it seems like without it ~ I am having more pain than with it. She says I can use the celebrex on an as needed basis like a pain med. The other day I hurt and didn't want to get out of the chair and off my heating pad. I got frustrated with that and took the celebrex. After a while I felt better and felt like getting up and doing stuff. I think I want to talk to her more about this situation. Doesn't seem that if the med helps me, I should not take it and feel like not doing anything ~ that can't be good for me.

Getting older has kind of stunk. I looked so forward to being retired and enjoying that ~ and this stiffness and pain are sucking the joy out of it.

I'm sorry ~ didn't mean to whine. Sometimes, I just get to feeling blue about it. I'll try to do better and not drag the rest of you down. Thank you for listening.

Carol Sue ~ sounds like you are doing a good job ~ getting in some exercise while walking and shopping. Yes, I got the exercise bike. It was a used one ~ but barely used by the previous owner ~ so in almost new condition. I had a recumbent exercise bike, but right from the start (and I was younger and in better shape then) it hurt my low back. I think it was the angle of the seat. I tried putting a pillow behind me, but that didn't help. I felt bad because I really liked it ~ I could pedal mindlessly and watch TV and get in my exercise. This new bike causes me pain in a different area (hemorrhoids ~ sorry TMI). But at least when I get off the pain is over ~ where as the other with the back pain ~ it would ache for hours afterwards.

Mary ~ hope your itchy ears and scalp gets better and you get some relief. How are you liking your new phone? How is Joe doing?

Love2garden ~ you are doing great with your exercise. Glad you got to enjoy a fun time with your daughters.

Guess I'd better get some stuff done. Hello to the rest of the group. Hope you all are doing well.

Last edited by glynne; 11-12-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #165  

Gayle, I think the 5 min of exercise is good. Anytime you get up and move it's good, and if it helps you feel better then it's doubly good, if that's a word. LOL

I think Celebrex is bad for your heart, and that might be why your doctor thinks you should get off it. Only you can feel your pain, not the doctor, so you do need to discuss this with her. I think in the long run, exercise will help with both forms of arthritis, but you have to feel ok to more before you can exercise. I hope you can work this out.

I have osteoarthritis in my knee and also my low back, but so far they are not too bad and I don't take any meds for it. I recently had a bout of psoriatic arthritis in my fingers, too, but that has let up a bit. Because of my heart disease I cannot take any nsaids so I don't know what they would give me for it anyway. After my bowel surgery I was taking narcotic pain meds and felt GREAT! LOL But I know they cannot be taken long term.
Closed Thread