Old 01-19-2015, 11:08 AM   #1  

Smile what is the momentom diet

hello i am new here my name is elise i was with weight watchers i am a lifetime member but i haven't been following the plan and now I'm gaining my weight back. i have bought a points calculator for the old plan not the points plus i find that plan does not work with me. i want to go back to the old points system which worked really good on it. I lost 150 pounds on it. i was googling about some of the weight watchers plans and i cam upon this group and one lady commented about the momentum plan what is the momentum plan? i do not remember the momentum plan can some one explain this to me? [*************************************] thank you very much and have a nice day.

MOD/ADMIN Note: Please do NOT post email addresses or you will be flooded with SPAM.
elise50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

You can google Weight Watchers Momentum and see what information is available there. Usually you can't get information on any WW plans without joining WW.

There is some information here in the Weight Watchers Forum. You could read there, or repost your question on that forum.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/

Good luck to you.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-19-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:08 AM   #3  

Congrats on doing so well on the prior WW plan(s)! I'm Lifetime too and it took me a while to figure out that Points Plus wasnt working for me. I attribute it to their push to make nearly all fruits and vegs zero points on the new plan. When I started with WW, most fruits and some vegs had 1-2 points per serving, and i counted those in my (handwritten, pre-app days) journal. I noticed that the points values for some of my staple foods (besides fruits or vegs) went up 1-2 points. I gained some of my weight back over the years.

Before the holidays, I decided to count calories instead of points using My Fitness Pal (website and app). It worked better for me than counting points, at least to get me back on track to losing a few pounds and not having to pay at monthly weigh-in. That gave me some positive reinforcement. I am still taking my vouchers for free e-tools, but it was MFP that helped me account for fruits and vegs which do make a difference for me in loss and maintenance.

Last edited by marci65; 01-20-2015 at 07:09 AM.
marci65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:07 PM   #4  

With WW Momentum Plan you take a "quiz" to calculate your daily points. It depends on your height, weight, age, whether you're a male or female, and how active you are. There is a score for each answer, you add up your numbers and that's your daily points target. If you google WW Momentum points calculator maybe you'll find something. Good luck with your search.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:47 PM   #5  
Less of a Better Me

Marci65 - I do follow WW Points Plus (about 12 pounds away from getting back to goal), but I also record calories at MyFitnessPal. I find that really works well for me. I do keep track of points. I like having the weekly points to help me structure my week. I know that if I still have Weekly Points left over that my overall week is fine. With MFP, if I go 200 calories over my daily amount (which I do on days I eat out sometimes), it is hard to know where I am for the whole week. That is MFP does calories by day and I wish it would show where as at a daily average.

Anyway, by also keeping track of WW Points Plus and making sure I don't exceed my weekly points I keep at the calorie range for the whole week.

I pay more attention on a daily basis to total calories at MFP but use WW more to make sure I'm staying on track over the whole week.

The combination of the two works really well. I use a add on to MFP that shows me the WW points right there at MFP (there is a thread in the WW forum that shows how to do this).
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote