Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

When I asked the Goldens to build a wall of prayers I did not care if you were Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Agnostic or Witch. Being supportive by reaching out thru cyberspace to show Karen and Tim they are not alone. k3
Old 08-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #92  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

CK - good thoughts and prayers, always.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #93  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Lots of prayers from here too CK
Old 08-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #94  
Jacksonville, FL

I tried to attach photo from our 50th anniversary party...it was beyond words wonderful.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (17.8 KB, 15 views)
Old 08-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #95  

Hugs and prayers for Karen and Tim.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:42 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

He isn't doing any better-- I doubt he weighs 100 lbs. He did say that our Pastor had called him and he was happy about that. They said if I want to stay there I can in the extra bed there. I may do that this next week at least a night or two. I couldn't today since I need to make arrangements to get my pup in the kennel before I can plan on that. And see if I have the bills paid that need to be done so while I'm gone they won't come due..

Thanks to all of you who are showing that you really care, It does mean a lot to me!
Old 08-09-2014, 07:19 PM   #97  

Height: 5'3"

Just came home from shopping...hit four stores and I am so tired! Its pretty warm too which tires one out I think. Tonight I am fixing another Filipino dish in which we use eggplant (Japanese, not the big kind). I had forgotten this dish. We call it Tortang Tagalog but when I looked up the recipe online I found that the meatless one is called that and the one with meat is called Rellenong Talong. We kind of combine the two I guess. Anyway it is kind of an omelet....you roast the eggplants until blackened and can easily remove peeling. Then you mash them so they in sort of a fan shape. I learned online that some people stuff them with the other ingredients but we just pour it over. The other ingredients are ground beef (I cook it lightly first to browned crumbles) with onions, tomato pieces and egg and cook til done. It is a dish we have only rarely but it's pretty good if you like eggplant. I'm making it tonight because dh came in yesterday with a lot of eggplants. We gave some to our neighbors.

Yesterday I cleaned the carpet in my office. Can't get it completely clean but it does look better. Second time now since I got the carpet cleaner...maybe after a few more cleanings, it'll be a lot better, I hope.

More decluttering done. Got rid of our dd's childhood desk finally. It was really cute and I had a few pangs of regret but we need the room and she really rarely used it. She usually preferred to do her homework either on the bed or floor. Also did a bit if changing things around and rehung a mirror.

We are enjoying our son's dog...it is a basset hound. Only thing I don't like about her is the odor. Dh plans to give her a sponge bath today if he's not too tired. He's resting right now. I hope our neighbor's don't complain about her because she howls when no one's here, and she has a really deep bark when she gets excited but normally she's pretty quiet esp at night and last night one of our neighbor's dog barked all night. That was unusual though...I wondered whether he might be able to smell/sense a new dog in the neighborhood.

Karen3 - So sorry for Tim...100#. I remember my dad who was never really heavy...kinda like Tim was and he got down to 74#!! So sad to see. Glad they have a bed for you...that would be nice for a few nights, or now and then. Know the is so tiring for you. Hope you can find a good place for your doggy.

Deelou - Great picture! You and your man look so happy!

Bobbi - Thank you for the beautiful prayer. I have prayed it with you. I did not see it before I last posted.

Need to rest before starting dinner plus have a few more things to do. You all take care.

Last edited by maryea; 08-09-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:22 PM   #98  

Hi everyone,another rainy day, we smoked salmon today and will can it tomorrow ,its a time consuming process,cleaning,washing,brine-ing,drying.smoking and then canning. sure taste good when we are done tho. Dh does most of the work and we like to give it as gifts. I watched Outlander and was not disappointed. we had our grdd overnight and we took her to the pool,she has recovered really well she's a hoot. I caught her saying a cuss word and called her on it,and she smiled and said what happens at grama's stays at grama's. hah told her not for cussing,not to make a habit of it,she gave me a cheeky grin and said ok. she's a treasure for sure. Karen I too have been using Bobbies prayer and hope you can feel our love surround you both " Courage is not the towering oak that sees storms come and go;it is the fragile blossom that opens in the snow." rosey
Old 08-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone,another rainy day, we smoked salmon today and will can it tomorrow ,its a time consuming process,cleaning,washing,brine-ing,drying.smoking and then canning. sure taste good when we are done tho. Dh does most of the work and we like to give it as gifts. I watched Outlander and was not disappointed. we had our grdd overnight and we took her to the pool,she has recovered really well she's a hoot. I caught her saying a cuss word and called her on it,and she smiled and said what happens at grama's stays at grama's. hah told her not for cussing,not to make a habit of it,she gave me a cheeky grin and said ok. she's a treasure for sure. Karen I too have been using Bobbies prayer and hope you can feel our love surround you both " Courage is not the towering oak that sees storms come and go;it is the fragile blossom that opens in the snow." rosey
I love that Rosey! LOL
Old 08-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #100  
Donna

Good Morning, Goldens!

CK – is there any news of Tim? You mentioned you might be going to stay for a few days this week. I hope that works for you! Give him our good thoughts. Goldens, I had the pleasure of meeting him last summer, and I can tell you Tim is a good guy! I’m very sad for you both. Good thoughts and prayers abound.

Bobbi – you and your family are very much in my thoughts, too. Not only does your foot hurt, but so does your heart! Thanks for the prayer for CK and Tim… and you can adapt it to fit your circumstances, too.

Gayle – hola! Sounds like your DH is keeping you busy this summer, doing fun touristy stuff. How’s the sciatica?

Cherry – hang in there. And those damn scales will look you in the eye and LIE to you! Have you ever noticed that the scales in the doc offices seem to be at least 10# higher than the ones at home?

Can we see a picture of the new ‘do? BTW, I thought your breakfast sounded great!

It sounds like you're getting into health issues with your dad and stepmom, even though they're both fairly young. We’re good at listening if you need to vent or just talk about them. My mom is 91 and still living alone. I vent PLENTY!!

Cajun – when do you go party on the floating dock/party barge? That sounds so FUN!

Lucinda – how are you doing? Oozing blisters healed, I hope? Is life calm?

CarolSue – I had to chuckle discreetly at your getting-up times! I’ve noticed that my waking hour is getting a wee bit later every day, too. So far, I’m just loving this! I hope I don’t get bored and have to think about, ugh, returning to the grind.

Rosey – have you had a chance to start “Breaking Bad”? I’m in the last season, episode 10 or 11… and it’s getting hairy! Do NOT watch this just before bed, lest your mind be frantically trying to save these idiots from themselves. It’s very well written, but it’s very disturbing (for me, anyway)…

I’m so glad your DGD is doing so well, and that Mr. CrankyPants is also better! And who is taking care of our Rosey??

KarenFL – sure, I’ll come and cook for you, but I won’t touch your floor and I won’t stay the night! You have creepy crawlies that are scarier than “Breaking Bad”!

Are you all healed from the mole removal? I guess I should think about doing that, too… but, you see, I don’t do doctors unless there’s blood or a bone poking out or I’m in so much pain! None of the above apply to my moles!

Did your new roast turn out okay? Dash probably would have eaten the charred one, too. After all, he’s MachoDog!

Mary – how are you doing with your BS? How’s it going with your son? It’ll be harder to get used to the pup than it will the son living with you, I’ll bet… I’m glad they both seem to be easy!

Can zucchini be frozen or does it get pithy? Sounds like you’ve had a bumper crop this year!! As always, I’m so impressed with your domestic activities; I wish you’d come and help me with my house!

Cristina – welcome! You’re among friends; there are a lot of us who have a terrible aversion to exercise, but you don’t sound like a lazy person! At least, you’re walking! I do virtual walking, as well as other virtual exercising!

Deelou – thank you for the picture! It’s perfect! And you and your DH look happy and loved! Thanks for sharing it!

Quiet Sunday planned. Relatives from TX and from MN will both be coming in at the same time this week, and I told Mom I’d do all the prep and all the food (she cried because this whole idea just overwhelmed her) for a gathering on Wednesday. It’ll be fine, and I’ll prop her in a corner and she’ll be fine. Everyone will make a big deal over her, and she shouldn’t have to worry about anything. It’ll be pizza and paper plates. I’m so anxious to see the nieces and their families!

I’m going into the office tomorrow for a couple of hours and then will do the shopping for Wednesday. Today, I think I’ll probably finish up “Breaking Bad” (if I can take that much angst!), maybe launder, maybe not!

All is well here. I’m maintaining, which I find amazing, since I’m basically out of control again. After everyone leaves, I’ll do some strict adherence to SparkPeople and their food journal and get rid of a few more pounds. Until then, c’est la vie!

Everyone – hope your weekend is and was a good one! Later, lovelies!
Old 08-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #101  

Height: 5'3"

Good Sunday everyone! Another beautiful day..summer will gone before we know it and I wish it could last longer. Some kids are starting back to school mid-Aug I hear. Not sure when my gc go back but probably soon.

I gained back one pound. I am really beginning to wonder whether I can lose as long as I am on this med. I may have to be satisfied with maintaining just don't want to gain.

Donna/Jess - Yes zucchini can be frozen however I always have shredded it first. You might not have to though....I suspect it can be frozen in strips or whatever. It's just that when I used to freeze it, it was with expectations of making zucchini bread with it. After thawing it you need to squeeze out the water before using. I haven't frozen in in recent years because I no longer bake the bread. So, you decided to work a couple hours? I hope the hours will be too your liking/choosing.

We missed our dd's run yesterday...just got busy and forgot. Running is not really a spectator sport anyway.

Need to get ready for church. You all have a wonderful day!

Last edited by maryea; 08-10-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:11 PM   #102  
Donna

Mary - I agreed to do a couple of hours for a couple of Mondays ONLY, just to get them caught up. This isn't going to be a regular 4-day a week gig, for sure.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #103  
Want to feel better

Be careful Donna ~ don't let them use the pout lip and big puppy eyes on you and suck you back in. Be very careful!!!!!
Old 08-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening...Donna calls the weather people the weather fools and they sure did fool us today. 30% rain turned into all day showers. Went down to the new vegie stand and the guy gave me a whole box of soft peaches. Dead ripe! Tore home and sliced them up instantly. Got huge bowl and made a slenda peach cobbler. DH is in his glory. After all the years using the peaches that wouldn't sell from the family orchard it was fun to relive the times. I am sticky in every nook and cranny.

Cherry....still waiting for a picture. It must fee l so different.

Lucinda...You and Bobbi are now our GG twinkle toes and we are keeping you both barefoot.

Cajun.... TRUTH about the chocolate!

Mary....DH is searching for fawn picture. I'll post later.

Donna....Dash loved the over cooked turkey. It was jerky.

Karen....You know we are all worrying and caring.....

Deelou...Fabulous picture! 50!!

Rosey....OMG smoked salmon. I'd be licking the smoker walls....nah. But that is good stuff.

Gayle....You have really done well remember to OOOps........yeah

Hugs to any that I missed.....gotta go find something besides cobbler for dinner...vanilla ice cream.....nah k3
Old 08-10-2014, 09:08 PM   #105  
Want to feel better

Good evening GG's,

It has been a busy few days. DH keeps us running trying to entertain Maddie during these long summer days. Whew ~ I am tired. Two more weeks until school starts, then maybe things will settle down a little. We will have Maddie only in the afternoons then. This Grandma is looking forward to the “slow down” part of the year.

I feel accomplished this weekend. Got to tend to some stuff that is hard to do when Maddie is here. The family room ~ where we spend most of the time playing when Maddie is here ~ desperatly needed straightening up. She gets out all of these toys and games and they just stay out, as she plays with them over and over again and sometimes it is too much trouble to put them all away only to have to do it all over again the next day. So, now it is better and I don't feel like I am sitting in the middle of chaos.

Then, I got my kitchen table unearthed ~ LOL. It seems to be the place where when we come in ~ we set stuff ~ with the intent of putting it away later (because we are usually too tired to do it at the moment). Well, later doesn't happen in a timely manner and I get the table somewhat cleaned off or at least looking more organized until I can take care of the stuff . Then Maddie works on her creations there and it gets even messier until not much of the table is visible under all the clutter. Anyway ~ today I got it totally cleaned off. DH will probably faint when he sees it ~ LOL.

Part of that task was kind of bitter sweet ~ I came across crossword puzzles I had been cutting out of our newspaper to send to my Dad. He loved crossword puzzles. I didn't take them with me when I went up the end of August ~ I was gonna send them in mom and dad's Christmas package. Little did I know at the time that Dad wouldn't make it that long. When I was up there, he was cooking the meals and out doing yard work. He passed away a month after I visited. It will be a year in October.

So, now I'm pooped and will probably just veg out the rest of the evening (with the exception of picking up Corbin from a concert at 11pm). Gotta get rested up for the “return of Maddie”.

Karen FL ~ your peach cobbler sounds delicious. Your description of being sticky all over ~ makes me think of my sister describing eating a ripe peach. She does it over the sink, so that when the juice runs, it goes right in the sink.

Donna ~ again I say: Be careful ~ don't let them use the pout lip and big puppy eyes on you and suck you back in. Be very careful!!!!! Enjoy the gathering with your family on Wednesday. Maybe once they are all around, your mom will enjoy it too.

Mary ~ maybe your body needs to rest from the changes what with the new med and all. Maybe after it rests some and you just concentrate on maintaining ~ then it will start to lose again. Glad you are getting to enjoy your son being around and his fur baby.

Rosey ~ glad your granddaughter has recovered and is able to be “cheeky”. I think she adores her grandma and will respect you and not use those kind of words anymore. Your smoked salmon sounds delicious.

Karen MO ~ you and Tim are on my mind all the time. My heart aches for you all and this situation you are going through. Prayers continue.

Deelou ~ very nice picture of you and your husband. Congratulations on your 50th Wedding Anniversary milestone.

Cajun ~ always look forward to hearing about your weekend adventures. Did the puppy come with you, or stay with your son?

Bobbi ~ that was a lovely prayer for Karen and Tim. How is your foot doing? Praying for your grandson and your family.

Cherry ~ sorry that your parents have had health problems. But glad that they had recuperated enough to be able to attend this latest family gathering. Glad you are enjoying your hair cut.

Welcome Christina ~ if you are keeping up with your walking ~ I would not call that lazy. That is awesome. Look forward to getting to know you.

Carol Sue ~ I was like you ~ sleeping until about 8am. But with having Maddie coming in the mornings, I have had to get up at about 7am. Now, I'm waking on my own at that time. I am hoping that when school starts up again, that that will continue. I had been wanting to use my pool pass for the “Y”, but my excuse was always that I slept too late. Now, maybe I will be able to do that.

Lucinda ~ how are your foot wounds doing? Hope they are healing up and your feet are feeling better.

Tam Tam ~ how are you and Leslie doing?

I hope I haven't missed anyone. I was gonna wait until tomorrow, but decided to do it now ~ never know how tomorrow is gonna turn out ~ might have even less steam after a day with Maddie ~ LOL.

Hope you all have had a good weekend.

Last edited by glynne; 08-10-2014 at 11:21 PM.
Closed Thread